Mr Michael Jacobson > Katten > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
525 WEST MONROE STREET
CHICAGO, IL 60661-3693
- Go to...
Mr Michael Jacobson
Michael Jacobson represents issuers, lenders and investors in a wide variety of commercial finance matters. He regularly assists them with senior, first-lien, second-lien, unitranche and mezzanine financings and structures.
Michael frequently handles cash flow and asset-based transactions, leveraged buyouts and buildups, recapitalizations, restructurings and workouts. He has extensive experience negotiating the complex intercreditor arrangements these deals can require. He also routinely represents agents, lead arrangers, lenders, asset managers and other investors (both regulated and nonregulated) in a wide range of financings and structures. They include bilateral, clubbed and broadly syndicated deals, unitranche structures (including “first out, last out” arrangements), senior secured and second-lien credit facilities and cross-border financings. Michael also helps investors consummating equity co-investments and equity “kickers.”
While his practice spans a variety of industries, Michael frequently works on financings involving businesses in health care, software and technology, and sports and entertainment.
JD, DePaul University College of Law, 1994; BBA, The University of Iowa, 1991
Katten‘s main focus is working with private credit companies. The group, primarily operating out of the firm’s Chicago office, advises some of the biggest alternative lenders on the market, including Ares Capital, The Carlyle Group and Twin Brook, on an array of financing transactions. Michael Jacobson leads the team and focuses on deals in the health care, software, technology, sports and entertainment sectors, while Jennifer Wolfe ‘s experience spans acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and recapitalization. The firm also has a Los Angeles presence, which includes Glen Lim and Jan Harris Cate.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense