Kate Andrews > Carey Olsen > St Helier, Jersey > Lawyer Profile
Carey Olsen Offices
- Go to...
Banking and Finance; Corporate; Restructuring and Insolvency; Taxation and Economic Substance Requirements; Listing Services
Kate has over 20 years’ experience of cross-border corporate finance transactions with particular experience in restructuring and corporate rescue (including debt-for-equity transactions), enforcement, insolvency, acquisition finance, fund finance and real estate finance.
Kate’s recent transactions include advising:
- The creditors committee in relation to the c.£200 million debt restructuring of FatFace, a UK-headquartered apparel retail business
- The committee of lenders in the debt restructuring of Travelex
- The ad hoc committee of creditors and the company in connection with the financial restructuring of Doncasters Group
- The ad hoc committee of convertible bondholders of Steinhoff Finance Holding GmbH
- The ad hoc group of bondholders on the restructuring of bonds issued by Vieo B.V. and capital restructuring of Lebara Group
- The ad hoc group creditors in respect of the restructuring of a “household name” UK retailer
- The lenders and initial purchasers in respect of super senior revolving credit facilities and related bond issuances for Domestic & General Group
- A satellite technology group in respect of the establishment of a Jersey holding structure and related financing
- The bidder in the financing of a public takeover of a Swedish-listed company incorporated in Switzerland
- The lenders in respect of the restructuring and US$1bn refinancing of the holding structure for two offshore oil drilling rigs
Kate has also been involved with a number of legislative proposals in Jersey.
Kate joined Carey Olsen in 2013 and became a Jersey advocate in February 2016. She previously worked in London, first with Clifford Chance and then with White & Case before joining Norton Rose. She also completed secondments at two investment banks. Kate’s onshore experience has given her the ability to deliver a city service of the highest standard.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Carey Olsen‘s lawyers are praised by clients for ‘going the extra mile to help out on the overall deal and seeing the big picture of the transaction‘. The group has wide-ranging expertise that includes real estate finance, ESG-related finance, including pricing structures, restructurings and fund financings. Taking the lead is Robin Smith, whose clients span the States of Jersey, financial institutions and funds. Kate Andrews is a core member of the team with significant experience in debt restructurings, acquisition and fund finance. Peter German is noted for real estate transactions, restructurings, REITs and debt listings. Counsel Fiona Dalton is another name to note for real estate finance, bringing to bear knowledge in Jersey property unit trusts.
Clients praise Carey Olsen as having ‘a first rate capital markets practice which can be trusted with market leading synthetic securitisation transactions’. The group is most known for debt capital markets transactions, including banking, security, bond and listing issues. On the equity capital markets front, the group has experience in listings and redomiciliations on the London stock exchange. Simon Marks heads the group, and is a debt capital markets specialist. Kate Andrews is a specialist in high-yield bond issuances. Guy Coltman is noted for IPOs and public M&A transactions. Counsel Matthew Ecobichon (‘knowledgeable, commercial and ensures transactions run smoothly and well‘) has made a name for himself for high-yield deals and securitisations. Senior associate Ashley Morrison is another recommended lawyer.
- Banking and finance - Jersey
- Capital markets - Jersey
- Leading individuals - Jersey > Capital markets
- Leading individuals - Jersey > Banking and finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial property
- Corporate and commercial
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution
- Investment funds
- Private client, trusts and tax
- Dispute resolution > Regulatory and white-collar crime