Chloe Carswell > gunnercooke LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
gunnercooke LLP Offices
- Go to...
Chloe is an experienced English-qualified disputes lawyer, specialising in international arbitration. She has over 23 years’ experience of international commercial arbitration, investment treaty arbitration and public international law. Chloe has been involved with both ad hoc arbitrations and arbitrations under the rules of major international arbitration institutions, including the ICC, ICSID and ad hoc arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules.
Chloe has extensive experience of handling complex domestic and international matters, both contentious and advisory, often with a sovereign or political dimension. She has extensive experience of seeking third party funding for claims. Chloe has also advised clients on pre-investment structuring and post-investment restructuring in foreign jurisdictions so as to obtain treaty protection, and on including arbitration clauses in contracts.
Chloe also has significant experience of rail-related disputes, having acted for train operating companies against the national infrastructure provider and the regulator in arbitration, adjudication, expert determination, industry-specific disputes resolution procedures, mediation and judicial review. She has also acted on disputes involving management and operation agreements, distribution agreements, construction projects, and World Bank-funded projects.
Previous Law firms
- Reed Smith LLP 2000-2023 (partner 2015)
gunnercooke LLP‘s disputes group is highly experienced in ad hoc international arbitrations, as well as matters under the rules of the major international arbitral bodies. David Breslin specialises in international arbitrations in the insurance, financial services, energy and international trade sectors, while Philip Rubens‘ recent workload includes Anglo-Indian disputes. In summer 2023, the group expanded at partner level through the recruitment of investment treaty dispute experts Chloe Carswell and Uliana Cooke from Reed Smith LLP and PCB Byrne, respectively.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Trade finance
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Real estate > Property finance
- Finance > Transport finance and leasing
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Transport > Rail