Tom Sharpe > Birketts LLP > Norwich, England > Lawyer Profile
Birketts LLP Offices
1 GILDERS WAY
- Go to...
Tom joined Birketts in October 2010. He is a Legal Director in our Employment Team.
Tom advises both public and private sector clients on all aspects of employment law. He undertakes the whole spectrum of contentious work, ranging from day to day advice on disciplinary and grievance issues to a wide array of claims before the Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal and High Court.
Recently he has advised on the successful defence of a whistle blowing claim against an educational establishment, together with the subsequent appeal (also successfully resisted). He also advises a number of NHS Trusts on the specialist subject of disciplinary action against NHS doctors and dentists. Tom regularly advises on restrictive covenant disputes and has successfully obtained injunctions against former employees who have attempted to unlawfully compete with their former employer.
In the non-contentious arena, Tom advises on redundancy exercises both small and large and in relation to TUPE in its various guises. He also regularly advises on the employment aspects of corporate and real estate transactions.
Tom enjoys steering clients through often complex scenarios in a practical and pragmatic manner, and is valued for presenting technical legal concepts in an easily comprehensible manner. Tom regularly presents training to both clients and the public on a wide variety of employment law subjects and also undertakes investigation work.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Transport > Transport and shipping