Ms Gaynor Jackson > Ward Hadaway LLP > Newcastle upon Tyne, England > Lawyer Profile
Ward Hadaway LLP Offices
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Go to...
Ms Gaynor Jackson
Gaynor advises high net worth individuals in relation to Wills, Capital Tax Planning, Trusts and Estate matters.
In addition, she advises charities in relation to trust and estate issues of both a contentious and non-contentious nature. Gaynor is a recognised expert in advising the third sector on trust and estate issues which are often challenging and require sensitivity and a measured approach.
Gaynor is a regular contributor of articles on trust and estate matters and is a regular speaker on trust and estate topics through the Institute of Legacy Management’s training program and an occasional contributor in radio interviews on behalf of the charity sector.
Gaynor has considerable experience gained by over 20 years advising on matters affecting individuals and charities including:
Advising trustees in relation to family trusts on the taxation implications of winding down and distributing assets and their various alternative options regarding the future of the trust to meet that family’s particular future needs;
Advising clients on the various options and merits of estate planning through gifting to preserve wealth and protect assets for the next generation;
Advising charities on legacy management and website content for legacy fundraising;
Advising several charities in relation to an attempted claim for provision in suspicious circumstances;
Advising several charities in relation to an attempt to disinherit them with a Will made in suspicious circumstances shortly before the testator’s death.
The ‘extremely knowledgeable’ team at Ward Hadaway LLP advises on an array of issues, from succession planning, to complex wills, inheritance tax planning, trusts and estate administrations. Andrew Facer leads the team, and has experience in acting for landed and entrepreneurial clients. Consultant Gaynor Jackson supports clients on various inheritance issues, with particular expertise in charity clients and is ‘sensible in her advice‘. Both practitioners are based in Newcastle.
The ‘brilliant and thorough team’ at Ward Hadaway LLP in Newcastle combines in-depth expertise from the firm’s private client and litigation departments. Litigator Martin Woodford , who specialises in high value claims and is a key figure at the interface between professional negligence and contentious trusts, heads up the team together with private client consultant Gaynor Jackson . Jackson advises high net worth individuals and charities on contentious trust, probate and estate issues. Joe Kelley left the firm in May 2021 to join Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP.
- Contentious trusts and probate - North > Private client
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - North > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Newcastle
- Real estate > Commercial property: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation