Caroline Metcalf > Tees Law > Bishop's Stortford, England > Lawyer Profile
Tees Law Offices
95 London Road
- Go to...
Caroline works in civil and commercial litigation acting for private clients, Plcs and companies acting for Claimants and Defendants. Specialising in contentious trusts and probate disputes whilst also acting in professional negligence claims against solicitors, accountants and surveyors and contractual disputes.
Tees is one of 16 legal firms located throughout England and Wales selected for their experience and expertise in agricultural and horticultural matters by the NFU and as panel solicitors Tees provides legal advice to Farmer and Grower members under the NFU’s Legal Assistance Scheme (LAS) that Caroline organises at Tees.
Trainee, Nockolds, 1985-1987; Solicitor, Lawrence Messer 1987-1991; Solicitor, Lawrence Messer (merged with Turner Kenneth Brown) 1991-93; Partner, Tees Law, 1997-present.
Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Solicitors (2000).
Margaret Dane School for Girls, Bishops Stortford; LLB, University of East Anglia, 1981-1984; College of Law, Guildford 1984-1985
Caroline enjoys windsurfing, sailing and skiing.
The dispute resolution team at Tees Law specialises in property disputes, professional negligence, corporate recovery, insolvency and agricultural matters. The team provide commercial litigation advice to a diverse client roster from local businesses to PLCs. Darren Perks heads the practice with expertise in complicated property disputes. Caroline Metcalf is experienced in agricultural matters and complex farming issues. Associate Polly Kerr is a commercial litigator with experience in defamation, harassment and education.
Tees Law’s 30-strong agriculture and land team is spread across six offices in Bishop’s Stortford, Chelmsford, Brentwood, Royston, Saffron Walden and Cambridge. Bishop’s Stortford-based David Miller leads the commercial offering, focusing on property matters, while the private client arm is headed up by Royston-based wills, trusts, tax and probate specialist Letty Glaister, alongside ‘meticulous, friendly and approachable’ litigator Caroline Metcalf in Bishop’s Stortford. Senior associate Ian Johnston, who leads the Chelmsford private client team, is another key name.
- Agriculture and estates - South East > Private client
- Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx - South East > Dispute resolution
- Contentious trusts and probate - South East > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: Essex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Essex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Essex
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Employment > Employment: Essex
- Private client > Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Family: Essex
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Essex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Public sector