Mr Takamitsu Shigetomi > Oh-Ebashi LPC & Partners > Tokyo, Japan > Lawyer Profile
Oh-Ebashi LPC & Partners Offices
Kishimoto Building 2F
2-2-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Mr Takamitsu Shigetomi
- Intellectual Property Law
- Dispute Resolution
- International Practice
- Corporate and M&A
- Risk Management & Compliance
- Life Science, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare
Takamitsu Shigetomi is a partner who is in charge of Intellectual Property Practice Department in the Oh-Ebashi LPC & Partners.
Mr. Shigetomi specializes in intellectual property licensing and litigation of all types and has prepared, tried and argued intellectual property cases in various technical fields including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, chemistry, mechanical engineering, electric engineering and computer software. Mr. Shigetomi has been lead counsel in major patent infringement litigation in Tokyo and Osaka district courts and IP high court.
Mr. Shigetomi is a frequent author and lecturer on intellectual property practice topics, and teaches courses as an adjunct professor of (i) Graduate School of Science, Technology and Innovation at Kobe University and (ii) Graduate School of Intellectual Property at Osaka Institute of Technology.
Mr. Shigetomi has received many professional accolades such as Chambers Asia-Pacific, Who’s Who Legal Patents, Who’s Who Legal Japan – IP Litigation and Best Lawyers.
Japanese and English
Japan Federal Bar Association (JFBA), Japan Patent Attorney Association (JPAA), AIPPI
Osaka University (LL.B. 1997), Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan (1999), University of Washington School of Law (LL.M. 2003)
Japan > Intellectual property: Independent local firms
Oh-Ebashi LPC & Partners‘ IP department operates as part of the firm’s full service offering, with expertise in transactions and licensing agreements, in addition to a significant IP dispute resolution practice. Takamitsu Shigetomi leads the team, and is active on both licensing and litigation in a broad range of sectors, including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, mechanical engineering and computer software. Also key are Toshiya Furusho, who covers patent, trademark, design, copyright and unfair competition, and Takashi Hirose, who handles international IP transactions and litigations.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: Independent local firms
- Corporate and M&A: Independent local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: Independent local firms
- Risk management and investigations: Independent local firms
- Banking and finance: Independent local firms
- Intellectual property: Independent local firms
- Investment funds: Independent local firms
- Projects and energy: Independent local firms
- Dispute resolution: Independent local firms
- Labour and employment: Independent local firms