Chrystal Theofanous > Sills & Betteridge LLP > Lincoln, England > Lawyer Profile
Sills & Betteridge LLP Offices
18 – 28 Clasketgate
- Go to...
Leading Individual 2023
A partner in the family department at Sills & Betteridge specialising in advising and acting for victims of domestic abuse, international child abduction – acting for parents whose children may have been abducted outside of the UK or retained in the UK, and all public law Children Act matters.
Accredited in Domestic abuse and International Child abduction. Member of the Children’s Panel.
St Catherine RC school for girls; Lincoln University (2002 Law and Criminology 2.1); Nottingham Law School (2008 Dip Law).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Sills & Betteridge LLP‘s sizeable practice is divided into four units; matrimonial/finances, emergency work, care and mediation, and is distinguished for its niche expertise in child abduction cases, knowledge of the preservation of family farms/trusts and acting for army personnel. Helen Derry leads the team from Lincoln where she primarily deals in pre/post-nuptial agreements and divorce cases. John Mitchell represents high net worth clients in complex financial proceedings, arising from separation or divorce, while the ‘exceptional‘ Chrystal Theofanous is one of the region’s top specialists in international child abduction, forced marriage prevention, complex care proceedings and domestic abuse matters. In Northampton, litigator Nicholas Flatt and Siobhan Thompson are the key names.
- Family - East Midlands > Private client
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Private client > Family
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment