Nicholas Tubb > Shoosmiths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
2 COLMORE SQUARE
38 COLMORE CIRCUS QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Medical Negligence, Partner
I am a partner in the medical negligence team based in our Birmingham office.
I specialise in serious injury cases on behalf of patients and focus particularly on problems caused by spinal and brain injuries. I have acted only on behalf of claimants in medical negligence claims for over 20 years and have completed many successful claims involving serious and, often, life-changing injuries.
The patient charity Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA) choose a panel of medical negligence specialist solicitors which I have been on for the past 15 years. I am recognised by the UK legal directories, Legal 500 and Chambers.
I enjoy working closely with people to understand their lives and plans for the future. This is essential before then working out, with advice from experts in medical and other fields, what compensation they need to give the best chance to recover as much as possible and to get the most out of their lives in the future.
I assisted my former client, Heather, with her claim following misdiagnosed cauda equina syndrome which she refers to in her video interview with the charity AvMA.
Shoosmiths LLP has a large, experienced and well-established clinical negligence team under the leadership of the ‘very impressive’ Phil Barnes. It has a varied case load of high-value and complex claims with particular expertise in birth and spinal injuries as well as amputations. It also deals with fatal claims and associated secondary victim claims and represents its clients at inquests. Kashmir Uppal has particular expertise in dealing with claims against ‘rogue surgeons’ and managing multi-party actions. Nicholas Tubb is vastly experienced in surgical errors, spinal and brain injuries as well as complex birth injury cases. London-based Richard Follis is also recommended. Principal associate Richard Bannister works on a range of complex cases and is an accredited CEDR mediator. The personal injury team works closely with its clinical negligence team. Head of team Chris McKinney specialises in spinal and brain injury cases as well as amputation claims and is developing a reputation for his work on claims involving novel areas of personal injury law. Senior associate Kate Price-Marson frequently helps claimants where the defendant cannot be traced or there is a company that is no longer trading.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Public sector > Education
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant