Andrew Blain > Shepherd and Wedderburn > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Shepherd and Wedderburn Offices
1 EXCHANGE CRESCENT
- Go to...
Andrew is the firm’s managing partner and a corporate lawyer. He advises a range of listed and private companies on corporate matters including restructuring, joint ventures, acquisitions and disposals. His clients reflect his focus on the real estate, financial services, transport and waste sectors. Andrew’s past work includes acting for iomart Group in its acquisition of United Communications Limited; acting for Scarborough Group International in its sale of a minority interest in Scarborough Thorpe Park Holdings Limited to Hualing Group, a Chinese conglomerate and acting for Safestay plc in the purchase of the Smart City Hostel and student accommodation.
Trained Shepherd and Wedderburn; qualified 1991; partner 1996.
Law Society of Scotland; Society of Writers to the Signet.
Kelvinside Academy; Glasgow University (1988 LLB Hons; 1989 DipLP).
Golf, cricket, family.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Public sector > Local government
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Human resources > Employment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Real estate > Social housing
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland