Edwin Mustard > Shepherd and Wedderburn > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Shepherd and Wedderburn Offices
1 EXCHANGE CRESCENT
- Go to...
Edwin is a partner within the pensions team and advises companies, trustees, and financial institutions on all aspects of pensions law including general scheme advisory work and documentation, scheme mergers and reconstructions, clearance applications to the Pension Regulator, changing benefit provisions and closure to future accrual, employer debt issues, Pension Protection Fund entry and pension disputes. He chairs the Scottish group of the Association of Pension Lawyers and is regularly listed in legal directories as a leader in the field of pensions law, being recently described as an ‘outstanding lawyer’.
Trained Shepherd and Wedderburn; qualified 1995; partner 2005 to date.
Chair of Association of Pension Lawyers (Scottish Group); Law Society of Scotland.
Edinburgh University (1992 MA); Strathclyde University (1993 LLB).
Frequently working in conjunction with various other departments, Shepherd and Wedderburn‘s ‘strong‘ pensions team is recognised for its broad offering and has a fine reputation acting for corporates and pension trustee clients, most notably in the financial services, higher education and energy sectors. Recently, the team handled various employment and GDPR matters pertaining to pension schemes alongside scheme documentation and scheme reorganisations as well as transactional matters. Andrew Holehouse, Louisa Knox, who is ‘very pleasant to work with‘, and Edwin Mustard are the main contacts.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Public sector > Local government
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Human resources > Employment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Real estate > Social housing
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland