Denny Rahmansyah > SSEK Law Firm > Jakarta, Indonesia > Lawyer Profile
SSEK Law Firm Offices
MAYAPADA TOWER, 14TH FLOOR
JL JEND SUDIRMAN KAV 28
- Go to...
Banking and finance, corporate, commercial and investment, debt restructuring, forestry and plantations, mergers and acquisitions, natural resources (including mining), private power and infrastructure. real estate and property, risk management and compliance, TMT (including fintech/e-commerce, data protection/privacy)
Denny Rahmansyah is an extensively experienced lawyer who joined SSEK in 2001 and has been involved in major projects and transactions in various sectors, including handling numerous cross-border mergers and acquisitions and debt restructurings.
Prior to joining SSEK, Denny was associated with another prominent law firm in Jakarta, where he worked mostly in acquisitions and debt restructuring matters.
Denny is recognized as one of Indonesia’s leading lawyers for real estate/property, company law, and M&A by legal directories including Asialaw, Chambers & Partners, IFLR 1000, and The Legal 500. Denny is the only lawyer in Indonesia to be acknowledged as a global leader in the Who’s Who Legal 2022 Real Estate guide. Denny also is included in the Asia Business Law Journal A-List of Indonesia’s Top 100 Lawyers.
- Representing clients, acting as lenders or borrowers, in financing transactions, preparing or reviewing financing and security documents, and assisting with closing.
- Assisting clients with property acquisitions, hospitality projects (including hotels and villas), office building leases and developments, and industrial property developments, including handling overlapping issues in connection with forestry and plantation matters.
- Advising clients in the TMT space, including (i) the establishment of fintech and e-commerce companies and registration with the relevant authorities including the Ministry of Communications and Informatics and Bappebti, and (ii) data protection and data privacy matters.
- Acting for clients on share and asset acquisitions and project financings for private power, mining, and infrastructure companies, including due diligence, preparing and reviewing transaction documents, advising clients on relevant issues and assisting with closing.
- Representing clients with the establishment of foreign investment (PMA) companies, representative offices and branch offices in Indonesia, liaising with notaries and the relevant authorities for licensing matters, and advising on all the procedures and requirements under Indonesian law.
- Advising clients on compliance with anti-corruption and anti-bribery compliance.
- Association of Indonesian Legal Consultants
- Indonesian Advocates Association (Peradi) (holds an advocate license from Peradi, admitting him to practice throughout Indonesia)
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association
- University of Indonesia, S.H. in private law, 2000
- University of Groningen, the Netherlands, LL.M. in international economic and business law, 2009
- Academy of American and International Law in Dallas, Texas, American and international law, 2007
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
SSEK Law Firm houses a strong real estate practice ‘with a wealth of knowledge’ in the tourism and hospitality sectors. The team advises on land acquisition and licensing matters in the energy and natural resources industry, in addition to handling real estate acquisitions for hotel developments, industrial-use and infrastructure projects. Key clients include hospitality and leisure companies, real estate services firms and resort developers. Denny Rahmansyah, who advises on the real estate aspects of M&As and foreign investments, as well as hotel and resort developments, jointly leads the team alongside Michael Twomey, who focuses on commercial real estate developments. Other key contacts in the practice include Michael Carl and ‘resourceful’ Nico Mooduto.
Noted for its track record in debt restructurings, SSEK Law Firm frequently collaborates with the firm’s M&A practice to advise on the restructuring of Indonesian entities, in relation to acquisitions made by multinational companies. Michael S. Carl jointly leads the team alongside Dewi Savitri Reni, both of whom have demonstrable experience in debt structurings, while Denny Rahmansyah is another key member of the group. Key sectors of expertise include the oil and gas, automotive, shipping, and food and beverage industries.
- Leading individuals Indonesia > Real estate
- Real estate Indonesia
- Restructuring and insolvency Indonesia
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and M&A
- IT, Telecoms and Fintech
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency