Dewi Savitri Reni > SSEK Law Firm > Jakarta, Indonesia > Lawyer Profile
SSEK Law Firm Offices
MAYAPADA TOWER, 14TH FLOOR
JL JEND SUDIRMAN KAV 28
- Go to...
Dewi Savitri Reni
Arbitration and dispute resolution, debt restructuring and insolvency, environmental law, foreign investment law, litigation (civil and criminal), mergers and acquisitions, transportation law
Dewi Savitri Reni (Vitri) has a broad practice and has extensive experience advising major Indonesian companies (including Pertamina, Angkasa Pura I, Danareksa, Bank Rakyat Indonesia, and MRT Jakarta) and Fortune 500 entities (Nissan, General Electric, Ping An, Ford, General Motors, Yamaha and Exxon, among others).
Vitri has received numerous accolades and awards over the years for her work. She was recognized as Woman Lawyer of the Year at the 2021 Asian Legal Business (ALB) Indonesia Law Awards, Dealmaker of the Year at the 2020 ALB Indonesia Law Awards, and Indonesia Lawyer of the Year at the Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific Awards 2020.
Vitri started her career as a defense attorney at one of the most prestigious litigation law firms in Indonesia. In this position, she defended numerous high-profile clients, including Prada (trademark infringement), the former Prime Minister of East Timor, Dr. Marí Bin Amude Alkatiri (conspiracy to murder), Tommy Soeharto (banking) and Marubeni Corporation (torts). After completing her LL.M., Vitri worked at an intellectual property firm in Houston, Texas.
She regularly gives presentations at legal seminars. She has written numerous legal articles that have appeared in leading newspapers and magazines and on legal websites, including The Jakarta Post, International Law Bulletin, Hukumonline.com, NYU.com and HG.org.
Vitri is admitted to practice law in both Indonesia and New York, and maintains outstanding ties with Indonesian government officials, civil society and lawyers.
- Acted for Grab in its US$40 billion merger with SPAC Altimeter Growth and Nasdaq listing, which included preparing a legal opinion for the purposes of the listing, conducting due diligence on Grab’s businesses in Indonesia and reviewing Grab’s Form F-4.
- Led the SSEK team that advised the Indonesian Ministry of State-Owned Enterprises and then acted for PT Pertamina, the Indonesian state-owned oil and natural gas corporation, in the formation of the Indonesian Oil and Gas Holding SOE, a US$4 billion deal that resulted in the creation of Indonesia’s largest state-owned holding company.
- Advised PT Danareksa (Persero), an Indonesian state-owned enterprise engaged in financial services, on a non-cash (share) capital injection from the state to establish Danareksa as a Holding State-Owned Enterprise. Work included analyzing the risks and procedures associated with the transaction, drafting a report titled “Joint Analysis of the Increase of the State’s Capital Injection to PT Danareksa (Persero) within the Framework of Establishing Danareksa Holding” and helping the government draft the Government Regulation that was issued as the legal basis for the transaction.
- Assisted PT Jakarta Lingko Indonesia in the procurement of a strategic partner (Jatelindo) for the implementation of Integrated Fare System and MaaS Solution for Greater Jakarta.
- Represented a multinational developer of smartphones and tablets in district court proceedings brought by one of the client’s former distributors.
- Represented a consulting services company in litigation proceedings in the Indonesian courts after the acquisition of a company active in power energy consulting fell through.
- Represented a major US automobile manufacturer in the South Jakarta District Court in proceedings initiated by several automobile dealers following to the manufacturer’s announced withdrawal from the Indonesian market.
- Indonesian Advocates Association (Peradi)
- New York State Bar
- Head of the Continuing Legal Education Committee of the Indonesian Bar Association (Peradi SAI)
- Ethics Committee of the Indonesian Fintech Association (AFPI)
- Young Singapore International Arbitration Centre (YSIAC) Committee
- University of Indonesia, S.H., 2005 (leading student for both the Faculty of Law and the university)
- University of California at Berkeley (Boalt Hall) School of Law, LL.M., 2008 (Fulbright scholarship)
Independent Indonesian firm SSEK Law Firm acts for international and domestic clients on a range of disputes. It has particular experience of commercial litigation, debt restructuring and employment cases, and has handled numerous SIAC and ICC arbitration cases. Dewi Savitri Reni heads the practice and focuses on debt restructurings, arbitration and litigation, while Michael Carl is experienced in disputes in the mining and natural resources sectors. Mahareksha Singh Dillon is a name to note for commercial disputes, litigation and police investigations.
Noted for its track record in debt restructurings, SSEK Law Firm frequently collaborates with the firm’s M&A practice to advise on the restructuring of Indonesian entities, in relation to acquisitions made by multinational companies. Michael S. Carl jointly leads the team alongside Dewi Savitri Reni, both of whom have demonstrable experience in debt structurings, while Denny Rahmansyah is another key member of the group. Key sectors of expertise include the oil and gas, automotive, shipping, and food and beverage industries.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and M&A
- IT, Telecoms and Fintech
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency