Emma Harris > Payne Hicks Beach LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Payne Hicks Beach LLP Offices
10 NEW SQUARE
- Go to...
Emma is a partner in the Private Client department and advises on a range of tax, trust, estate and succession planning issues.
Emma’s particular specialisation is in the area of estate administration where she regularly assists clients with the administration of complex and high net worth estates. Such estates often include international, agricultural and / or business elements.
Qualified 2010, joined Payne Hicks Beach as a Senior Associate in January 2020 and was promoted to Partner in June 2022.
Full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and Solicitors for the Elderly.
Headed by Richard Manyon, who is described as a ‘doyen of private client litigation’, Payne Hicks Beach LLP has a ‘dynamic and clever team who deals with very high-profile litigation with real experience and expertise in this area.’ Its roots lie in traditional chancery work and advising on disputes affecting some of the oldest and largest landed estates and domestic trusts. It has expanded into the international sphere and is now also a global contentious practice. Another core area of focus is advising on trusts in the context of divorce proceedings. Jessica Henson has a ‘very good reputation in the market’ for her work running the gamut of private wealth disputes. Rosamond McDowell is currently advising on several substantial pieces of trusts and estates litigation. Ane Vernon is an experienced litigator, while Emma Harris is a newly promoted partner. It also boasts an excellent stable of ‘meticulous and hardworking associates.’ Charlotte Henshall is a talented senior associate.
Rosamond McDowell heads the department at Payne Hicks Beach LLP, which advises high-net-worth clients from the UK and internationally (many of whom feature in the Sunday Times Rich List, Forbes 400 and the Arabian Business Rich List). It also continues to receive instructions from Scandinavia and the Middle East. Other core areas of strength include advising UK resident non-domiciled clients on issues relating to pre-arrival planning and structuring. Robert Brodrick’s practice is divided into three main geographic areas of clients: Middle East, US/UK and UK domestic. Other highly regarded members of the department include Frederick Bjørn, Basil Dixon, Martin Paisner and Clare Hetherington. Recent highlights included Emma Harris’ promotion to the partnership and Sara Morgan’s addition to the team from Fieldfisher in November 2022.
- Contentious trusts and probate London > Private client
- Personal tax, trusts and probate London > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)