Jessica Henson > Payne Hicks Beach LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Payne Hicks Beach LLP Offices
10 NEW SQUARE
- Go to...
Jessica is a private client partner specialising in risk and disputes in relation to trusts and estates.
As well as advising on all forms of trusts and estates disputes, Jessica draws on her wealth of litigation experience to inform asset protection and estate planning strategies designed to avoid disputes in the future. For this reason, Jessica is frequently asked to advise on the establishment of trusts, nuptial agreements and Wills where there are particular risks or asset protection concerns.
Jessica has also built up particular expertise in advising trustees on the impact of divorce – both in terms of pre-emptive measures and advising trustees in the course of financial remedy proceedings.
Having studied Classics at Cambridge University, Jessica trained at Herbert Smith and worked at Berwin Leighton Paisner before joining Payne Hicks Beach as a partner 2020.
Jessica is the trusts editor of the Private Client Business Journal.
Jessica is a member of ACTAPs and STEP, and a co-founder of ConTrA.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Headed by Richard Manyon, who is described as a ‘doyen of private client litigation’, Payne Hicks Beach LLP has a ‘dynamic and clever team who deals with very high-profile litigation with real experience and expertise in this area.’ Its roots lie in traditional chancery work and advising on disputes affecting some of the oldest and largest landed estates and domestic trusts. It has expanded into the international sphere and is now also a global contentious practice. Another core area of focus is advising on trusts in the context of divorce proceedings. Jessica Henson has a ‘very good reputation in the market’ for her work running the gamut of private wealth disputes. Rosamond McDowell is currently advising on several substantial pieces of trusts and estates litigation. Ane Vernon is an experienced litigator, while Emma Harris is a newly promoted partner. It also boasts an excellent stable of ‘meticulous and hardworking associates.’ Charlotte Henshall is a talented senior associate.
- Contentious trusts and probate London > Private client
- Next Generation Partners London > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)