Osborne Clarke > Paris, France > Firm Profile
Osborne Clarke Offices
163 BOULEVARD MALESHERBES
Osborne Clarke > The Legal 500 RankingsOsborne Clarke‘s ‘profound technical skills‘ make it a go-to firm in France for data privacy-related matters, including data breaches and GDPR compliance. Testament to the practice’s competence in cross-border matters, the team is handling the global compliance GDPR program of ManpowerGroup, the third-largest staffing company in the world. Lauded by clients for its business acumen, coupled with in-depth knowledge of the law, the team is a ‘valuable partner‘ to its clients. Claire Bouchenard is a name to note at the firm, advising clients on data privacy regulatory compliance and e-privacy, with a strong focus on the regulation of cookies. Xavier Pican also handles data privacy compliance as well as cyber security work. Béatrice Delmas-Linel left the firm in January 2022 for an in-house position.
‘This practice combines excellent and profound technical skills, high professionalism and a very business-friendly and pragmatic approach. They have integrated so well with our organisation and have such great business acumen which, combined with the in-depth knowledge of the law, makes them valuable partners.’
‘The professionalism and work ethic, the friendly yet professional approach, the consistency and depth legal and technical skills, the amazing understanding of our business.’
‘Great listening skills, ability to adapt and make available the experience acquired with other clients and in the management of other cases to deliver tailor-made legal advice with as much as possible a ‘business’ approach ‘despite the constraints of the regulations’.’
‘Accessibility, listening, proactivity, humanity.’
Groupe la Française
Palais des Thés
- Advised Casino Group and its adtech affiliate RelevanC on all aspects, including data privacy aspects, of the digital retail partnership with competitor retail grocery leader Intermarché.
- Assisted Manpower’s in-house legal data team with the company’s global compliance programme for France which included cyber training and ISO audits.
Group Casino (Casino Guichard-Perrachon)
Distribution Casino France
The Pokemon International Company
Group Lucien Barriere
- Advised Group Casino and its adtech affiliate RelevanC on negotiating a strategic partnership with Google and Accenture to accelerate the digital transformation of the group.
- Advised Casino Group on a digital retail partnership to set up a joint company, marketing a retail media offering in France for food brands and their agencies.
- Assisting Onepoint with various topics related to the creation, development and commercialisation of the CoPass Platform including, IT, data, life sciences regulatory, contract and joint venture set-up.
Claire Bouchenard; Xavier Pican; Béatrice Delmas-Linel
‘The Osborne Clarke team is distinguished by its expertise, accessibility, proactiveness and pragmatism. They are agile and know how to adapt.’
‘The relevance of the practice’s counsel and the practical nature of the solutions proposed make it a true partner for our operations.’
Palais des Thes
Mino du Sud
- Assisted Etablissements Coquet with the protection of its handicraft tableware goods against copyright infringements.
- Advised Harper Collins on its publishing activities and all copyright-related issues.
- Advised SPRD.NET on the difference between hosting platform and publisher in a litigation against a competitor.
Claire Bouchenard; Xavier Pican; Béatrice Delmas-Linel
Filatures du Lion
Esprit Europe Services
Palais des Thés
WW – Marque
- Defended This.Sign in a litigation case aimed at limiting the exhaustion of trademark rights on the European market.
- Advised Palais des Thés on its international development, including trademarks, distribution agreements, franchising concept stores, litigation and pre-litigation.
- Defended Bolt Mobility in a dispute preventing the arrival on the scooter market of a new economic player.
‘They are knowledgeable in their field and easy to work with.’
‘Responsiveness, availability and knowledge.’
INNOCENT FRANCE (Coca-Cola Group)
INTEGRAL AD SCIENCE (IAS)
UNION DES MARQUES
EXPEDIA / HOTELS.COM
- Advised Taboola on advertising compliance, consumer law and advertising soft law, and on ongoing contracts, especially in the context of the Covid-19 crisis.
- Assisting Union des Marques with the planned merger of the two largest French public channels, including on the assessment of its impact on the relevant advertising market and to enable advertisers to position themselves in relation to this project.
- Advised Integral Ad Science on the negotiation of strategic IT and data agreements with French top website publishers and advertisers, with a specific focus on cookies and GDPR compliance.
France > Employment Tier 4Osborne Clarke
Maxime Pigeon; Jérôme Scapoli
‘The employment law department is extremely responsive and systematically offers us legal solutions adapted to our problems. The advice is very relevant and the lawyers have an excellent knowledge of our company and its issues.’
‘Maxime Pigeon is our main contact. His analyses are extremely relevant, the interpersonal skills are very easy and he demonstrates a lot of professionalism. The fluidity of exchanges is remarkable as is their responsiveness. He is available and has a good understanding of our needs.’
‘High level of service and very flexible. This team is able to tirelessly assist us n connection with our ever-changing approach. They are a great support.’
CAUSEWAY TECHNOLOGIES LTD
- Advised Hachette at group level as well as at publishers level on all labour law aspects in both advisory and litigation matters.
- Advised NORWEGIAN AIR RESOURCES on specific issues raised by the Covid-19 pandemic and the reorganization process due to the liquidation procedure of the company.
- Advised Novo Nordisk at a group level on strategic projects related to employment issues in France, in Europe and in the Maghreb.
Other key lawyers:
‘Good listening skills and understanding of our business. Very high availability.’
‘The Osborne Clarke competition team is unique in terms of professionalism and availability. Alexandre Glatz and his team cover all areas of competition law (antitrust, mergers, state aid and litigation) with great responsiveness and great pragmatism. Alexandre and his associates are quick and quickly understand the difficulties and find fluid and practicable solutions. Alexandre and his team are part of a very comprehensive European network of competition lawyers, particularly in England and Germany.’
France > Insolvency Tier 4Osborne Clarke hired the experienced Nassim Ghalimi in January 2021 from Veil Jourde to launch the firm’s practice. The team handles restructuring and insolvency proceedings, and also handles related liability litigation. It is most often seen assisting debtors, but also advises investors on asset takeover offers, and acts for bondholders and judicial liquidators when complex liability litigation arises. The practice handles matters pertaining to SMEs as well as large companies, recently acting in significant matters related to the automotive, aeronautics, industrial, hospitably, retail and press sectors, including in cross-border matters.
‘Responsiveness, friendliness, good support in difficult times.’
‘Great humanity in the treatment of files, with a high level of technicality; great experience coupled with a lot of finesse.’
‘Unique knowledge of bankruptcy proceedings and of the transfer of assets during judicial liquidations. I do not know of any other law firm that has this level of expertise on that specific point. Availability, seriousness, creativity, dynamism.’
Gottex Real Estate Fund (GRAF)
A+ Finance / Sigma
Mont Blanc France
- Advising Europcar Supervisory board on the financial restructuring of the group.
- Advised Fives on the acquisition of Ateliers de Construction du Petit Parc (ACPP).
- Advising Inteva Products France, a subsidiary of the American group Inteva, on its receivership proceedings.
Alexandre Le Mière
Other key lawyers:
‘Very dynamic and creative team. Perfect mastery of public law.’
‘Alexandre Le Mière always knows how to find the right balance between theory and practice, between theoretical risk and real risk. His sound advice is key.’
‘Professionalism, sound analyses, good quality of advice, responsiveness.’
‘Very professional and innovative approach.’
‘A friendly and professional lawyer.’
RETAIL & CONNEXIONS
CENTRE EUGENE MARQUIS (CEM)
RATP TRAVEL RETAIL
FÉDÉRATION NATIONALE SOLIDARITÉ FEMMES (FNSF)
BIRD RIDES FRANCE
- Assisting Onepoint with all its public contracting projects.
- Advising UNICANCER, a national public purchaser in the field of health, on all its public procurement contracts.
- Advising CRAM, a private designer, manufacturer and operator of heating and air-conditioning systems on all its operations with public purchasers.
Catherine Olive; David Haccoun
‘The Osborne Clarke team is always available and proactive. It is distinguished by the in-depth knowledge of our group and its sector of activity as well as the quality of the client relationship.’
‘David Haccoun, Catherine Olive and Anne-Laure Laroussinie are particularly accessible and very constructive in our M&A operations.’
‘Very good quality/price ratio: high-quality service by professionals from more expensive firms who have retained their initial qualities at more controlled prices. Fairly developed network of correspondents outside of France and role of facilitator of the Paris office with this network.’
‘David Haccoun: dynamism, spontaneity in the relationship, direct implications in the files with if necessary support of one or two people maximum, but avoiding duplication or re-invoicing linked to exchanges between partners/associates.’
Groupe Casino (RelevanC and others)
Hadean Ventures Sunstone Life Science Ventures
Carglass (Belron Group)
Labeyrie Fine Foods
- Advised Carglass on the disposal of Carglass Maison (CGM – Ex Maisonning), through a bid process intermediated by , to a joint-venture created by Mutarès (80%) and Homeserve (20%).
- Advised Capgemini on the acquisition of 70.1% of the capital of the French company Five by Five.
- Advised RelevanC, an affiliate of the listed retail group Casino headquartered in Paris (Casino, Monoprix , Franprix..) on the acquisition of a majority stake in Inlead, a digital marketing agency specializing on geo-localized advertisement, which activities will complete the digital marketing activities of RelevanC.
Osborne Clarke > Firm Profile
Osborne Clarke Paris has been founded in 2013 and is a French multi-services business law firm, member of the Osborne Clarke international network.
With a culture focused on innovation and an international reach, the firm pursues a single goal: to help clients succeed in tomorrow’s world, from their most complex operations to their day-to-day legal assistance.
Osborne Clarke is also an expert in providing legal support for its clients’ transformation strategies, whatever their sector. We use our insight on transformation drivers – digitalisation, decarbonisation and urban dynamics – to help our clients thrive, ensure agility and strengthen the resilience of their businesses when facing those global issues.
In this perspective, Osborne Clarke Paris offers a broad spectrum of legal expertise in business and corporate law.
Internationally, Osborne Clarke has more than 1,300 lawyers in 26 offices in Europe, Asia and North America and relies on a network of first-rate friends law firms.
Our main service lines for advice and litigation in Paris
- Corporate and M&A law
- Corporate and International tax law
- Real estate law
- Labour law and workforce relations
- Commercial and Economic law
- Digital Business law
- Intellectual and industrial property law
- Advertising, media and entertainment law
- Competition law
- Regulatory law
- Public and administrative law
- Life sciences and healthcare law
- Restructuring and insolvency law
- Business crime, business ethics and litigation
- Financial services, Fintech, cryptoassets
- Technology, media and communication
- Retail and consumer
- Life sciences and healthcare
- Transport and automotive
- Real estate and infrastructure
- Energy and utilities
- Financial services
Our locations around the world
26 Osborne Clarke offices worldwide:
- Belgium: Brussels
- France: Paris
- Germany: Berlin, Cologne, Hamburg, Munich
- Italy: Busto Arsizio, Milan, Rome
- Poland: Warsaw
- The Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Spain: Barcelona, Madrid, Zaragoza
- Sweden: Stockholm
- UK: Bristol, London, Reading
- New York, San Francisco, Silicon Valley
- China: Shanghai
- India*: Bangalore, Mumbai, New Delhi
A network of best friends:
Through a network of ‘best friends’ and partner firms we extend our reach across the globe, particularly in North America, EMEA & Asia Pacific. We have worked closely with like-minded firms in over 100 countries. We’ll find the right local partner for you and wherever that may be, we will make sure that you receive the Osborne Clarke level of service.
|Intellectual Property/Information technology||Claire Bouchenard, Partner|
|Intellectual Property/Information technology||Xavier Pican, Partner|
|Corporate/M&A||Catherine Olive, Co-Managing Partner|
|Corporate/M&A||David Haccoun, Partner|
|Corporate/M&A||Stéphanie Delage, Partner|
|Real Estate||Stéphane Catays, Partner|
|Employment||Maxime Pigeon, Co-Managing Partner|
|Employment||Jérôme Scapoli, Partner|
|Commercial / Competition||Alexandre Glatz, Partner|
|Administrative and Public law||Alexandre Le Mière, Partner|
|Life Sciences and Health||Thomas Devred, Partner|
|Restructuring and Insolvency||Nassim Ghalimi, Partner|
|Litigation, Ethics and Compliance||Lucie Mongin-Archambeaud|
|Tax||Dorothée Chambon, Partner|
|Financial Services, Fintech, Cryptoassets||Karima Lachgar, Partner|
|Finance||Anne Vrignaud, Partner|
|Environment||Joanna Peltzman, Partner|
|Ms Claire Bouchenard||Partner – https://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/claire-bouchenard/||View Profile|
|Mr Stéphane Catays||Partner – https://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/stephane-catays/||View Profile|
|Mme Dorothée Chambon||Dorothée heads the tax practice of Osborne Clarke in Paris.||View Profile|
|Ms Stéphanie Delage||Partner – https://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/Stephanie-Delage/||View Profile|
|Mr Thomas Devred||Partner – https://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/thomas-devred/||View Profile|
|Mr Nassim Ghalimi||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Alexandre Glatz||Partner – https://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/alexandre-glatz/||View Profile|
|Mr David Haccoun||Partner – https://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/david-haccoun/||View Profile|
|Ms Karima Lachgar||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Alexandre Le Mière||Partner – https://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/alexandre-le-miere/||View Profile|
|Mrs Lucie Mongin-Archambeaud||Partner||View Profile|
|Ms Catherine Olive||Partner – https://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/catherine-olive/||View Profile|
|Mrs Joanna Peltzman||Joanna heads the Environment practice of Osborne Clarke in Paris||View Profile|
|Mr Xavier Pican||Xavier is a Partner in Osborne Clarke’s high-performing Technology Innovation Media team,…||View Profile|
|Mr Maxime Pigeon||Partner – https://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/maxime-pigeon/||View Profile|
|Mr Jérôme Scapoli||Partner – https://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/jerome-scapoli/||View Profile|
|Mrs Anne Vrignaud||Anne heads the banking and finance practice of Osborne Clarke in Paris.||View Profile|
Staff FiguresOC : 1080+ lawyers and 300+ partners OC France : 70 lawyers (17 partners) OC France : 48% female partners
OtherOC Belgium : Brussels OC Germany : Berlin OC Germany : Cologne OC Germany : Hamburg OC Germany : Munich OC Italy : Busto Arsizio OC Italy : Milan OC Italy : Rome OC Poland : Warsaw OC The Netherlands : Amsterdam OC Spain : Barcelona OC Spain : Madrid OC Spain : Zaragoza OC Sweden : Stockholm OC UK : Bristol OC UK : London OC China : ShangaÏ OC India : Bangalore OC India : New Delhi OC India : Mumbaï OC Singapore : Singapore OC USA : New York OC USA : San Francisco OC USA : Silicon Valley
- Data privacy and data protection
- Industry focus: IT and internet
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
- Media and entertainment: Advertising