Hannah Steggles > Howes Percival LLP > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Howes Percival LLP Offices
3 THE OSIERS BUSINESS CENTRE
- Go to...
Intellectual Property & IT
Hannah advises clients on all aspects of UK and European intellectual property law, including patents, copyright, trade marks, passing off, design rights, domain names and defamation. Her focus is on contentious matters although she is also well experienced in non-contentious matters including drafting IP licenses, assignments and other agreements as well as handling complex international trade mark portfolios. She is experienced in actions before the Court of Appeal, High Court, Intellectual Property Enterprise Court, UK Intellectual Property Office, OHIM and the World Intellectual Property Office.
Whilst Hannah’s background is in disputes (having trained at Howes Percival she qualified into the litigation team) she has since developed a complete Intellectual Property practice.
As part of her training Hannah undertook a secondment at DaimlerChrysler UK giving her a useful insight into commercial businesses.
Hannah is also a member of the firm’s Data Protection Team and has a wealth of experience in advising clients in respect of all matters related to data protection, including GDPR compliance and data breach reporting.
- 2019 – Present: Howes Percival LLP, Partner
- 2010 – 2019: Howes Percival LLP, Director
- 2005 – 2010: Howes Percival LLP, Solicitor
- 2003 – 2005: Howes Percival LLP, Trainee Solicitor
Howes Percival LLP acts for the Business Software Alliance (whose members include leading names such as Microsoft and Siemens), regularly receiving enforcement instructions from the client. In addition, another key client is streetwear clothing brand Just Hype, for whom the firm handles trade mark registrations and applications in more than 50 countries, as well as multijurisdictional IP litigation. Practice head Matthew Talbot is an experienced IP litigator with an interest in food and drink law. Hannah Steggles and legal director Jenna Bruce are also recommended.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation