Hannah Steggles > Howes Percival LLP > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Howes Percival LLP Offices
3 THE OSIERS BUSINESS CENTRE
- Go to...
Intellectual Property & IT
Hannah advises clients on all aspects of UK and European intellectual property law, including patents, copyright, trade marks, passing off, design rights, domain names and defamation. Her focus is on contentious matters although she is also well experienced in non-contentious matters including drafting IP licenses, assignments and other agreements as well as handling complex international trade mark portfolios. She is experienced in actions before the Court of Appeal, High Court, Intellectual Property Enterprise Court, UK Intellectual Property Office, OHIM and the World Intellectual Property Office.
Whilst Hannah’s background is in disputes (having trained at Howes Percival she qualified into the litigation team) she has since developed a complete Intellectual Property practice.
As part of her training Hannah undertook a secondment at DaimlerChrysler UK giving her a useful insight into commercial businesses.
Hannah is also a member of the firm’s Data Protection Team and has a wealth of experience in advising clients in respect of all matters related to data protection, including GDPR compliance and data breach reporting.
- 2019 – Present: Howes Percival LLP, Partner
- 2010 – 2019: Howes Percival LLP, Director
- 2005 – 2010: Howes Percival LLP, Solicitor
- 2003 – 2005: Howes Percival LLP, Trainee Solicitor
Howes Percival LLP continues to build its bench strength following Paula Dumbill ‘s recruitment last year, with the addition Chris White, who joined from Dentons; he likewise has a broad practice spanning hardware procurement, SaaS/PaaS agreements, and licensing, among other areas. The practice is co-led by litigator Matthew Talbot and Hannah Steggles .
Howes Percival LLP‘s ‘outstanding’ team, which ‘stands out from the competition’, is a popular choice among fashion brands, retailers, food and drinks companies and manufacturers for IP and trade mark portfolio work. Litigator and a food and drink specialist Matthew Talbot heads the team, which includes Hannah Steggles , an expert in IT and data protection matters. Fellow GDPR expert in Northampton, James Howarth has a background in publishing and focuses on defamation and privacy matters. In the same office, Jenna Bruce takes the lead on software mandates. Trade mark attorney Sarah Dacre is a recent addition to the team in Leicester.
- Intellectual property - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- IT and telecoms - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Property litigation