Sarah Western > Greene & Greene > Bury St Edmunds, England > Lawyer Profile
Greene & Greene Offices
80 GUILDHALL STREET
BURY ST EDMUNDS
- Go to...
Sarah specialises in contentious and non-contentious construction matters
Sarah is a solicitor in our disputes team.
She qualified as a solicitor in 2009 and joined Greene & Greene in 2018, having previously worked at an international law firm.
Acting for developers, main contractors and sub-contractors, she has extensive experience of adjudications, litigation and alternative dispute resolution. She also advises on non-contentious construction matters, and regularly negotiates and drafts contracts and associated construction documents for her clients.
Sarah has previously completed a secondment at RG Carter, a national construction company. Having this practical experience of a client’s commercial concerns enables her to give practical advice to her clients.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Greene & Greene in Bury St Edmunds has a ‘very strong set up for major litigation‘. The firm has a compact team that nevertheless handles regional, national and, increasingly, international matters. Lead partners Rob Adam and Michael Batty ‘know their fields and have the necessary gravitas‘. Newly promoted partner Sarah Western is ‘punching well above the weight of a provincial solicitor, taking on City practices‘. The firm recently represented a senior employee of insulation manufacturer Celotex in a case arising from the Grenfell Tower fire.
Greene & Greene in Bury St Edmunds has developed a strong construction and engineering practice in recent years, having expanded its range of work for funders, developers, contractors, subcontractors and professional advisers. Its recent work has included advising on a £1m dispute concerning a development in London, and advice to a funder on a commercial development near Bury St Edmunds. Specialist construction partner Sarah Western leads the practice, along with property specialist Neil Grigg, construction litigation expert Rob Adam and senior partner Michael Batty. ‘A small, efficient team that is great to work with‘, remarks a client.
The Bury St Edmunds office of Greene & Greene has an experienced litigation practice that frequently handles property-related matters, many of which exceed £1m in value. Rob Adam and Property Litigation Association member Michael Batty are the lead partners in a small but highly skilled team, in which Sarah Western is ‘rightly feared by opponents as a formidable opponent whose star is rising fast‘.
- Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia - East Anglia > Dispute resolution
- Next Generation Partners - East Anglia > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Rising stars - East Anglia > Real estate > Construction
- Construction - East Anglia > Real estate
- Property litigation - East Anglia > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia