Sarah Western > Greene & Greene > Bury St Edmunds, England > Lawyer Profile
Greene & Greene Offices
80 GUILDHALL STREET
BURY ST EDMUNDS
- Go to...
Sarah specialises in contentious and non-contentious construction matters
Sarah is a solicitor in our disputes team.
She qualified as a solicitor in 2009 and joined Greene & Greene in 2018, having previously worked at an international law firm.
Acting for developers, main contractors and sub-contractors, she has extensive experience of adjudications, litigation and alternative dispute resolution. She also advises on non-contentious construction matters, and regularly negotiates and drafts contracts and associated construction documents for her clients.
Sarah has previously completed a secondment at RG Carter, a national construction company. Having this practical experience of a client’s commercial concerns enables her to give practical advice to her clients.
‘Its strengths are that it gives sound advice and is able to discuss issues as they arise,‘ says a client of Greene & Greene in Bury St Edmunds. Head of dispute resolution Rob Adam and key litigator Michael Batty , who is an experienced mediator and a member of the Property Litigation Association, are the key practitioners in a small team that frequently handles contentious property matters exceeding £1m in value. Solicitors Ben Fox and Sarah Western are also recommended.
Greene & Greene handles disputes for clients across East Anglia, nationally and, increasingly, from overseas. Its two-partner practice handles a diverse range of commercial litigation alongside contentious insolvency matters, claims against professionals and property litigation. ‘Experienced, knowledgeable and very bright‘ practice head Rob Adam ‘sees the bigger picture but never misses the detail‘. The ‘highly capable, and very committed‘ Michael Batty is a key partner and ‘ will always push for that little bit more from his clients’. Associate Sarah Western is ‘a young litigator who is determined, fierce and very effective‘.
The practice at Greene & Greene in Bury St Edmunds is now led by ‘very competent‘ specialist construction solicitor Sarah Western. Adept at both contentious matters and advisory work, the firm increasingly handles instructions from London-based developers. The work includes funding, procurement and preparation of tender documents, contracts, collateral warranties and guarantees, property-related matters and disputes. Clients describe a ‘small, focused team that is hardworking and dedicated to client care‘.
- Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia - East Anglia > Dispute resolution
- Rising stars - East Anglia > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Property litigation - East Anglia > Real estate
- Construction - East Anglia > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction