Rob Adam > Greene & Greene > Bury St Edmunds, England > Lawyer Profile
Greene & Greene Offices
80 GUILDHALL STREET
BURY ST EDMUNDS
- Go to...
Partner, Rob specialises in dispute resolution work. Main areas of which are commercial litigation, property litigation, cfontentiustrusts and probate, insolvency and construction. He heads the firm’s team of dispute resolution lawyers. Rob is an accomplished solcitor with a wide range of experience in dispute resolution work. He recently psssed the STEP Advanced Certificate in Trust Disputes with a commendation.
Trained Few & Kester. Qualified 1995 Wilson Browne, 1995 – 1997, Solicitor / Partner Ashton Graham / Ashtons Legal 1007 – 2018. Partner Greene & Greene to 2018 date.
Ingatestone Anglo European School, Newcastle Universary 1990 B A Hons: Newcastle Polytechnic CPE 1992, Universtiy of Northumbria L & F 1993.
Triathlon & Youth Rugby Coach Bury St. Edmunds RUFC.
‘Its strengths are that it gives sound advice and is able to discuss issues as they arise,‘ says a client of Greene & Greene in Bury St Edmunds. Head of dispute resolution Rob Adam and key litigator Michael Batty , who is an experienced mediator and a member of the Property Litigation Association, are the key practitioners in a small team that frequently handles contentious property matters exceeding £1m in value. Solicitors Ben Fox and Sarah Western are also recommended.
Greene & Greene has two full ACTAPS members in its practice, which handles work ranging up to multimillion-pound cases in the High Court. Litigation partners Rob Adam, who is ‘approachable and sensible, looking to resolve matters rather than making what are already very difficult and upsetting situations more acrimonious and unsettling‘, and Michael Batty are the key practitioners. ‘Extremely shrewd‘ consultant Kate Chandler and ‘approachable and very client-orientated‘ associate Ben Fox have extensive experience in breach of trust, estate administration and claims concerning the validity of wills.
The insolvency and restructuring practice at Greene & Greene in Bury St Edmunds is ‘relaxed and pleasant to deal with‘, according to one client. Litigator Rob Adam leads the practice, which focuses on contentious matters and draws upon the firm’s strong commercial, employment, property and tax practices to assist IPs with pre-packs and other insolvency-related transactions. Senior partner Michael Batty, solicitor advocate Simon Ratcliffe and corporate partner Mark Daly are also active in the practice.
Greene & Greene handles disputes for clients across East Anglia, nationally and, increasingly, from overseas. Its two-partner practice handles a diverse range of commercial litigation alongside contentious insolvency matters, claims against professionals and property litigation. ‘Experienced, knowledgeable and very bright‘ practice head Rob Adam ‘sees the bigger picture but never misses the detail‘. The ‘highly capable, and very committed‘ Michael Batty is a key partner and ‘ will always push for that little bit more from his clients’. Associate Sarah Western is ‘a young litigator who is determined, fierce and very effective‘.
- Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia - East Anglia > Dispute resolution
- Contentious trusts and probate - East Anglia > Private client
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - East Anglia > Finance
- Property litigation - East Anglia > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction