Stuart Hughes > Greene & Greene > Bury St Edmunds, England > Lawyer Profile
Greene & Greene Offices
80 GUILDHALL STREET
BURY ST EDMUNDS
- Go to...
Stuart is an accredited family law specialist, mediator and collaborative lawyer, and head of the Family Team whose work includes acting in divorce and financial remedy cases for a broad spectrum of high-net-worth clients, including farmers/landowners and directors/business owners. He acts in complex Children Act disputes, including successfully representing clients in cases where there have been serious issues requiring resolution by discrete fact-finding hearings. Stuart advises on nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements. He has considerable success in acting for both claimants and defendants in TLATA claims and Schedule 1 financial provision cases.
Qualified 1995; partner Curwens LLP 2003-13; partner Greene & Greene 2013 to date; publications include ‘Fact Finding Hearings: Who Pays?’ in Family Law Week.
SRA Family Law Panel; Resolution.
Meridian School, Royston; Plymouth University; College of Law, Guildford.
Minis rugby coach and rugby Dad.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
At Greene & Greene, ‘the quality of advice, attention to detail and personal approach rivals top firms in London‘, according to one client. ‘Confident, driven and well respected‘ practice head Stuart Hughes and newly promoted partner Melanie Pilmer handle asset protection, nuptial agreements and high-value financial remedy work, in which the firm has a very strong reputation. ‘I have always been impressed by her understanding of the case, her client care and pragmatic advice,‘ says counsel of associate Emma Alfieri who joined from Steeles Law.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction