Ms Karen Elburg > Herzog Fox & Neeman > Tel Aviv, Israel > Lawyer Profile
Herzog Fox & Neeman Offices
4 WEIZMANN STREET
TEL AVIV 6423904
- Go to...
Ms Karen Elburg
Gaming, Intellectual Property, Internet and E-commerce, Licensing
Partner, Head of the Intellectual Property Practice
Karen Elburgs heads the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice. Karen has extensive experience in the contentious and non-contentious aspects of intellectual property, including advising on strategic and day-to-day aspects of trademark portfolios and the trademark/domain-name interface, and managing world-wide trademark portfolios for her clients.
Karen advises on the acquisition, disposal, protection and exploitation of IP rights, as well as trade mark clearance, all aspects of brand protection, and trade mark and domain-name disputes, with a unique specialty in IP issues in the online gaming industry. Karen specializes in negotiating and drafting all types of IP transactions (including patent licensing), with extensive experience in the IP aspects of corporate and commercial transactions. Her work focuses on transactional IP and on licensing, development, technology transfer and other commercial agreements for clients ranging from start-ups to multi-national corporations. Karen’s clients operate in a broad range of industries and fields.
Consistently recognized for her excellence as an IP practitioner, these are Karen’s latest rankings: • Client Choice Awards 2019 | Intellectual Property: Trademarks (Israel) • WTR 1000 2019 | Prosecution and Strategy (Israel) • WIPR Leader 2019 | World IP Leader (Israel) • IAM Patent 1000 2018 | Highly Recommended – IP Transactions (Israel) • Chambers & Partners 2018 | Intellectual Property (Israel)
Bar Ilan University, LL.B.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Herzog Fox & Neeman, which is one of Israel’s premier full service firms, is well-equipped to assist global clients with the protection of their designs and brands. The team is capable of managing both domestic and international trade mark portfolios, while the firm expertise in the hi-tech sector enables it to work with start-ups and companies from emerging industries such as fintech and blockchain to develop IP strategies. Practice head Karen Elburg is experienced in both contentious and non-contentious IP matters. Jenia Melkhior is recommended for trade mark and domain name portfolio management.
Herzog Fox & Neeman assists domestic and multinational clients with the protection of trade marks and patents, and is particularly involved in the online space, having advised on domain name recovery proceedings. The firm’s international reputation means it is frequently asked to act as Israeli counsel in cross-border disputes, and it has particular experience of representing clients before the UKIPO and EUIPO. Karen Elburg, who is described by one client as ‘a doyenne of the Israeli IP world’, leads the team. She advises on commercial transactions and the IP aspects of M&A, in addition to contentious work.
- Leading individuals - Israel > Intellectual property > Intellectual property: filing/prosecution
- Intellectual property: disputes - Israel > Intellectual property
- Intellectual property: filing/prosecution - Israel > Intellectual property
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: class actions (including derivative actions)
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Hi-tech and start-ups
- Investment and venture capital funds
- Real estate and construction
- Dispute resolution: local litigation and arbitration
- Dispute resolution: mediation and international arbitration
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: disputes
- Planning and zoning
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Telecoms and media
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: white-collar crime, investigation and fraud
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: commercial/transactions
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: filing/prosecution