Ms Karen Elburg > Herzog Fox & Neeman > Tel Aviv, Israel > Lawyer Profile
Herzog Fox & Neeman Offices
6 Yitzhak Sadeh St.
Tel Aviv 6777506
- Go to...
Ms Karen Elburg
Internet & E-commerce
Partner, Head of Intellectual Property
Karen Elburgs heads the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice. Karen has extensive experience in the contentious and non-contentious aspects of intellectual property, including advising on strategic and day-to-day aspects of trademark portfolios and the trademark/domain-name interface, and managing world-wide trademark portfolios for her clients.
Karen advises on the acquisition, disposal, protection and exploitation of IP rights, as well as trade mark clearance, all aspects of brand protection, and trade mark and domain-name disputes, with a unique specialty in IP issues in the online gaming industry. Karen specializes in negotiating and drafting all types of IP transactions (including patent licensing), with extensive experience in the IP aspects of corporate and commercial transactions. Her work focuses on transactional IP and on licensing, development, technology transfer and other commercial agreements for clients ranging from start-ups to multi-national corporations. Karen’s clients operate in a broad range of industries and fields.
Bar Ilan University, LL.B.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Intellectual property: filing and prosecution: trade marks and copyrights)
A full-service IP law firm, Herzog Fox & Neeman advises a variety of domestic clients on trade mark prosecution with particular expertise in the online gaming industry. Practice head Karen Elburg manages trade mark portfolios and handles both non-contentious and contentious matters. The team consists of dedicated specialists, such as Adar Bengom (Ortal) who has niche expertise in plant breeders’ rights and general IP in the seeds industry. The firm recently saw the departure of Gilad Neeman and Jenia Melkhior, who left for an inhouse position, but also welcomed new arrivals at associate-level.
With an international scope through close professional partnerships in the US, China, the UK, and the EU, Herzog Fox & Neeman covers the whole range of IP disputes with a special focus on trade marks and their intersection with domain names, representing clients both before courts and the Israeli Trademark Office. An expert on the relationship between domain names and trade marks, Karen Elburg leads the team and sits on the board of directors of the Israel Internet Association. Gilad Wekselman brings his expertise in mediation and arbitration. Another noteworthy practitioner is Jenia Melkhior, who handles copyright and domain name matters.
The team at Herzog Fox & Neeman advises clients on IP matters in connection with their complex commercial transactions such as M&A and IPO listings and has a particular focus on the gaming and e-commerce sectors. Karen Elburg heads the department and advises clients on all aspects of IP law. She is also a senior editor on INTA’s Trademark Reporter. Gal Eschet is an expert in large domestic and cross-border transactions involving IP, while Adar Bengom (Ortal) handles plant breeders’ rights and IP. Gilad Neeman and Jenia Melkhior left the firm.
- Intellectual property: filing/prosecution - Israel > Intellectual property
- Leading individuals: Intellectual property: filing and prosecution: trade marks and copyrights - Israel > Intellectual property > Intellectual property: filing/prosecution
- Intellectual property: disputes - Israel > Intellectual property
- Intellectual property: commercial/transactions - Israel > Intellectual property
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: class actions (including derivative actions)
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Hi-tech and start-ups
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: filing/prosecution
- Investment and venture capital funds
- Real estate and construction
- Dispute resolution: local litigation and arbitration
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: disputes
- Planning and zoning
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Telecoms and media
- Dispute resolution: mediation and international arbitration
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: white-collar crime, investigation and fraud
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: commercial/transactions