Mr Bart van Reeken > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Bart van Reeken
Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) Law, Outsourcing, Healthcare Information Technology
Bart negotiates in a way which contributes to the success of relationships. In the area of information technology, his work covers a broad spectrum, ranging from negotiating and drafting outsourcing agreements, software development agreements, software licences, implementation and SaaS agreements, to handling IT-related disputes. He regularly assists companies in reaching agreement on information technology projects, outsourcings and joint ventures.
Bart’s primary focus is structuring effective business relations. He is experienced in setting up joint development, mutually integrated production and joint marketing arrangements. Bart has worked for most of the larger Netherlands based banks, the largest insurance companies, more than half of the larger Netherlands based mutinationals as well as for some fintech companies and other startups.
Qualified 1988. Bart is an accredited CEDR mediator. Partner
Sourcing Nederland (board of advisers, past Chairman), various (international) professional organisations for IT lawyers
Bart attended the Erasmus University of Rotterdam, the Netherlands and Clarion University of Pennsylvania, USA
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The Van Doorne practice is praised by clients for its customer care and the breadth of its expertise. Team head Bart van Reeken is singled out for his ‘personal touch‘ whilst dealing with high-stakes cases. His clients range from large corporates to start-ups, which he assists with outsourcings, joint ventures and a range of IT contracts. Louis Jonker stands out for his ‘smart, highly driven’ approach to transactions and contentious work; he has a focus on the digital health and fintech sectors. Arno Voerman is noted for his expertise in fintech regulation and Elisabeth Thole is well known on the data protection front.
Van Doorne provides end to end expertise to its food and beverages clients, who appreciate its ‘accuracy, good service and collaborative approach‘. The ‘very experienced’ Lisette Bieleveld heads up the team, and counts Starbucks Coffee Netherlands among the clients she is assisting with a range of corporate matters. The team also acts on sales, acquisitions and major supply, distribution and franchising agreements. Kriek Wille and Bart van Reeken are other senior key practitioners.
- Industry focus: Food - Netherlands
- Industry focus: Information technology - Netherlands
- Leading individuals - Netherlands > Industry focus: Information technology
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights