Mr Bart van Reeken > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Bart van Reeken
Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) Law, Outsourcing, Healthcare Information Technology
Bart negotiates in a way which contributes to the success of relationships. He allocates much of his time to large IT and business process outsourcings which often stretch over multiple countries and jurisdictions. His work covers a broad spectrum, ranging from negotiating and drafting outsourcing agreements, software development agreements, software licences, implementation and SaaS agreements, to handling software license and compliance issues and IT-related disputes. He also has experience in setting up joint development, mutually integrated production, and joint marketing arrangements.
Bart’s primary focus is structuring effective business relations. He likes taking a holistic view and forging an inspiring cooperation in diverse teams, leading to creative approaches and solutions.
Bart has worked for more than half of the larger Netherlands based multinationals. including most of the larger Netherlands based banks and insurance companies. By teaching post-academic courses for young lawyers and performing occasional work for fintech companies and other start-ups, Bart likes to keep connected with trends and innovations that can benefit his larger clients.
Graduated and qualified 1988. Bart is an accredited CEDR mediator. Attended Clarion University of Pennsylvania and Erasmus University of Rotterdam.
Sourcing Nederland (board of advisers, past Chairman), various (international) professional organisations for IT lawyers
Bart attended the Erasmus University of Rotterdam, the Netherlands and Clarion University of Pennsylvania, USA
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The ICT team at Van Doorne is a market leader in global outsourcing and cloud transactions. It continues to explore new technology areas with clients, including AI, fintech, digital health and blockchain. The multidisciplinary team draws on strength from its experts in data protection and security, regulatory compliance, employment, and IP protection and enforcement. Bart van Reeken advises on outsourcings, IT projects and joint ventures, and counts large Dutch banks, insurance companies and multinationals among his client base. Counsel Louis Jonker focuses on disruptive technologies and innovations in the financial sector.
- Industry focus: Information technology - Netherlands
- Leading individuals - Netherlands > Industry focus: Information technology
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Energy: transactional
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights