Mr Oliver Stevens > Stibbe > Brussels, Belgium > Lawyer Profile
LOKSUMSTRAAT 25/ RUE DE LOXUM 25
- Go to...
Mr Oliver Stevens
Insurance and Reinsurance, Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Oliver Stevens specialises in litigation, insolvency law, seizure law, and execution law.
Oliver advises banks, large companies and insurance companies on litigation in the fields of contract law, security interests, banking law, insurance law, and standard commercial agreements. He also specialises in insolvency, seizure, and execution law.
Dutch, French, English, German
- Graduated in Law from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (1995)
- Diploma of specialised studies (DES) in Economic Law from the Université libre de Bruxelles (1997)
- Admitted to the Brussels Bar in 1997
- With the Brussels office of Stibbe since 1999
- Part-time assistant at the Institute for the Law of Obligations (Instituut voor Verbintenissenrecht) of the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (2000–2005)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Stibbe works with insurers across a wide range of products, including life and non-life insurance, product liability, and property insurance, handling insurance claims and associated litigation, regulatory issues, and insurance sector M&A. The firm also has integrated tax expertise, advising clients on fiscal issues relating to insurance. The practice is led by Oliver Stevens, who has a strong record in litigation and arbitration, representing insurers in class action proceedings and investment losses suits, as well as matters relating to professional indemnity. Counsel Sophie Bourgois has a similar focus on contentious matters, representing clients in international arbitrations and cross-border disputes.
Stibbe has a strong focus on contentious insolvency and restructuring proceedings, representing debtors, lenders, directors, and shareholders in complex, often cross-border liquidations, judicial organisations, formal insolvencies, and associated liquidation. The team works closely with the firm’s financing, tax, employment, and dispute resolution practices, allowing for an integrated approach to business-critical matters. The practice is headed up by Paul Van der Putten, who focuses on complex liquidation issues, as well as drafting insolvency protection contracts, with senior associate Pieter Wouters also playing a key role, while co-head Oliver Stevens focuses on creditor-side matters, including debt recovery and cross-border restructurings.
- Leading individuals - Belgium > Insurance
- Next Generation Partners - Belgium > Dispute resolution
- Insolvency and restructuring - Belgium
- Insurance - Belgium
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Competition: Belgian law
- Dispute resolution
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: IT and telecoms
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Intellectual property
- Real estate and construction