Led by the experienced and well-regarded employment adviser Banu Mert, Goksu Safi Isik Attorney Partnership advises on employment and labour law issues for a combination of major corporates, international consultancy firms and developers, with a standout matter being its involvement in the Istanbul Airport project, handling work concerning 36,000 employees. The firm also handles litigation and collective bargaining support, as well as work permit issues for foreign employees.
Employment in Turkey
‘Banu Mert is worth mentioning – she has strong lawyering skills and her experience in employment is very assuring.’
Uludağ Elektri̇k Dağitim
Mckinsey Danişmanlik Hizmetleri
Iga Havali̇mani İşletmesi̇
Yeni̇ Dunya Foundation
- Continuous labour law advice to UEDAS.
- Advising and representing IGA on all employment matters relating to the airport project.
- Advising Bank of China on employment and labour law in Turkey, including carrying out out all residency and work permit matters for its employees.
Gün + Partners combines day-to-day Turkish employment advice with strong capabilities regarding redundancies and executive dismissals, employment litigation including reinstatement proceedings, internal investigations and regulatory compliance, and employee data privacy protection. The firm has been active in supporting clients with COVID-related restructurings and cost-cutting measures, including associated legal challenges. The team is now led by managing associate Beril Yayla Sapan following the departure of Rıza Gümbüşoğlu, with senior associate Asena Aytuğ Keser also a key member of the practice. All senior lawyers advise a range of prominent international clients. Pelin Baysal left the firm.
Beril Yayla Sapan
Other key lawyers:
Asena Aytuğ Keser
- Advised an independent automotive component manufacturers on the termination of the employment contract of a high-level executive who worked in Turkey, after conducting an internal investigation.
- Advised an international medical provider on the termination of high level executives, and represented the client in both of the subsequent re-instatement actions.
- Advised on the termination of an employee who attempted to disclose the company’s private and confidential information, provided legal advice as to the procedural steps of imposing salary reduction on certain management employees based on major changes at the company due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hergüner Bilgen Özeke acts for a range of major corporate clients, including multinational brands such as Bloomberg, Mars and Reuters, on a variety of large-scale and complex employment issues. The firm regularly handles cross-border disputes, employee transfer proceedings, termination-related litigation, and collective bargaining negotiations, as well as providing advice on day-to-day employment law issues. The team is led by Ayşe Hergüner Bilgen, a specialist litigator who regularly acts in employment proceedings, alongside corporate adviser Ufuk Yalçın, who handles retainer work as well as contentious proceedings, including C-suite terminations.
Ayşe Hergüner Bilgen; Ufuk Yalçın
International Paper Olmuksan
Granite Services International
Monster Energy Europe
LM Wind Power Blades Turkey
Vibracoustic CV Air Springs
- Advising Thomson Reuters on their daily corporate needs, particularly in the area of employment.
- Advising Bloomberg in relation to its day-to-day employment related matters, including but not limited to reviewing and revising employment contracts and preparing other related documents.
- Advising Monster Energy on its day-to-day employment related matters including but not limited to preparation of employee handbooks and internal HR procedures, reviewing and revising employment contracts and preparing other related documents (e.g., non-disclosure agreements, settlement agreements, waive and release letters, etc.).
Led by İpek Ünlü Tık, Moroglu Arseven provides continuous advice to an array of major national and international businesses on sensitive employee and labour issues, employment aspects of M&A, internal HR issues, and outsourcing arrangements. The firm also provides support in litigation and arbitration. Seyfi Moroğlu advises on contracts, employee transfers, and disputes, E. Benan Arseven advises retainer corporate clients on diverse employment matters, while Burcu Tuzcu Ersin handles matters relating to corporate structuring, immigration, whistleblowing, and contractual negotiations.
İpek Ünlü Tık
Other key lawyers:
Seyfi Moroğlu; E. Benan Arseven; Burcu Tuzcu Ersin
‘Moroglu Arseven is a national Turkish firm with a wealth of experience in many areas, and provide services with a quality of the highest standards of international firms. We engaged them for one of our clients in an employment matter. The advice they provided was accurate, straight to the point and business oriented. They easily liaised also with the client with high satisfaction from their side.’
‘The number of female partners and associates show their attention to diversity.’
‘We worked with Burcu Tuzcu Ersin after having met at an IBA conference and she coordinated a team of employment, data protection and corporate colleagues. She ensured a high quality and timely response from their associates, as you would expect in an ideal situation.’
Balcioglu Selçuk Ardiyok Keki advises a range of multinational clients on day-to-day employment considerations, including contracts, internal policies, and disciplinary matters, alongside complex issues such as executive compensation, restructurings, and mass terminations. The firm has a strong litigation offering which includes newly promoted partner Özge Akman Özmenlikan. Galip M. Selcuk leads the team, and is a specialist in employment agreements, executive contracts, and cross-border employment considerations, particularly relating to transactions. Corporate partners Dr Selim Keki and Doğan Eymirlioğlu are also noted for their employment work, particularly relating to business restructurings and transactions, alongside issues such as severance agreements and incentives.
Galip M. Selçuk
Other key lawyers:
Dr Selim Keki; Doğan Eymirlioğlu; Özge Akman Özmenlikan
‘Provided excellent advice and execution – very safe set of hands in a difficult situation, at very short notice and in an unfamiliar jurisdiction.’
Wyndham Hotel Group
Ocean Network Express
Ersoy Bilgehan Lawyers & Consultants advises a range of domestic and international corporates on a continuous basis, handling day-to-day employment considerations such as contracts, tax and health and safety, alongside more complex and contentious issues such as dismissals, business restructurings, and litigation relating to terminations and workplace injury. Alongside its traditional strength in the shipping and insurance industries, the firm also acts for technology, telecoms, management consulting, and transport industry clients. The team is led by Ergün Ersoy, who has significant disputes experience and handles a wide variety of employment matters.
‘The key point is the team’s trustworthiness. Once I address my query, I know they will revert in a timely fashion, with a concrete and to-the-point analysis. As a client, I feel secure that my issue will be resolved in the best possible way or that I will receive the correct information to proceed. Also, I feel secure that they have my company’s best interest at heart, and it is worth noting that they are the ones to update us on upcoming changes in the law.’
‘The team works very closely with us, understanding our requests, making investigations where necessary and providing relevant, comprehensive and satisfactory comments for our queries in a timely manner and making recommendations where applicable. They mostly act like in-house lawyers, which is very useful for us.’
CD Media Turkey
The Standard Club UK
West of England Insurance Services
Genel Denizcilik Nakliyatı
- Advised one of the world’s leading research organisations on financial subsidies available for employers due to Covid-19 as well as Covid-19-related measures that involved reduction of working hours, reduction of salaries, and mandating unpaid leave.
- Advised a worldwide management consultancy firm on various employment law matters including the review of its draft separation agreement, overtime work practices, and enforceability of post-termination non-compete and non-solicit agreements.
- Advised and represented a worldwide transport company in a litigation process initiated by its employees for compensation of material and moral damages due to a work accident.
Esin Attorney Partnership, a Member of Baker McKenzie International supports a variety of international and multinational businesses on Turkish employment issues, including day-to-day employment law compliance, restructurings and mass terminations. The firm’s international connections also enable it to act on immigration-related employment issues. The team has a specialist employment litigation capability, representing clients in mediation, litigation, and settlement proceedings. Sertaç Kökenek leads the team, and specialises in employment advisory matters including redundancies, employee stock options, restructurings and the termination of senior executives, in addition to employment litigation, immigration, social-security-related issues and compliance matters. Senior associate Elif Nur Çakır Vurgun also advises both on employment advisory matters and employment litigation as well as immigration and social security-related issues.
Other key lawyers:
Elif Nur Çakır Vurgun
- Advised Peak on its $1.8bn acquisition by Zynga, including employment aspects of the transaction.
Kolcuoglu Demirkan Koçakli has a dedicated employment offering, with practice co-head and counsel Maral Minasyan working exclusively on high-level employment issues for employers, employees, and trade unions, covering both advisory and litigation work. The team advises major international corporates on Turkish employment issues, including executive and mass terminations, day-to-day employment advice, complex stock option negotiations, and litigation. Other practice leaders are Okan Demirkan, a specialist litigator handling a wide range of disputes, and Serhan Kocaklı, who advises on executive compensation and contractual matters.
Okan Demirkan; Serhan Koçaklı; Maral Minasyan
‘Available, friendly, and above all efficient’
‘We started to use this firm for employment law advice during 2020. They are responsive and respond quickly to urgent requests. They provide good quality advice which sets out the key issues, they identify the options, and they give a recommendation for what to do next. Their advice is clear and easy to understand.’
‘The team’s strength is that they are super responsive and meet very tight deadlines. The team is also very client-oriented in a sense that they provide very practical advice. ’
‘Maral Minasyan is amazing. Maral is incredibly responsive and always on top of the projects. ’
‘They know the local market well, which is essential for us as we do not have Turkish law capability. They can provide the legal information in a clear and practical way and are very responsive.’
‘It is of utmost importance as a foreign based company to have a trusted legal partner for employment issues, and with KDK from day one we have been in very good hands. The team is very fast to react to questions and issues for any case, extremely solution-oriented without the need to ask twice, and transparent in their road map to providing advice and steps.’
‘To single out any individual in this team would not be what KDK’s practice stands for; as a client we feel in very trusted hands with every individual partner and associate we have worked with from their side, to achieve the best outcome for us as a collective. In a fast-moving word, simple and fast communication is extremely appreciated and executed to perfection from their entire legal team.’
Philip Morris Turkey
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Walt Disney Company Limited
The Boston Consulting Group
Al Jazeera Media Network
The Washington Post
Peek & Cloppenburg
Abdi Ibrahim Pharmaceuticals
Mediterra Private Equity
Vossloh Rail Technologies
SDL Multilingual Services
Louis Dreyfus Company
C.R. Bard, Inc.
Inchcape Shipping Services
Extreme Networks, Inc.
Wilko Retail Ltd.
GP Strategies Limited
Emergent Bio Solutions
Check Point Software Technologies
- Advising all Turkish subsidiaries of Hugo Boss on employment related matters and disputes, involving both white- and blue-collar employees.
- Advising Vava Cars, a subsidiary of Vitol, covering the full scope of the employee lifecycle which starts with the hiring and onboarding processes.
- Advising Deloitte Turkey on all of its employment law related matters, on a retainer basis.
Moral & Partners has a broad employment offering, encompassing M&A and post-transactional employment concerns, representation in litigation, and continuous advice to corporates on Turkish labour laws, contracts, and terminations. The firm has a number of corporate retainer clients it assists with day-to-day employment matters, including major international businesses, and Turkish conglomerate Borusan. The team is led by Efe Kınıkoglu, who specialises in mass employment matters and white-collar proceedings, particularly in the heavy industrials sector, alongside managing associate Özgür Güner, a specialist employment advisor and litigator.
Efe Kınıkoğlu; Özgür Güner
‘Creative, enthusiastic, customer-oriented lawyers with good technical knowledge and excellent communication skills. Their advice is always clear, concise and provided with a quick turnaround. They try to create solutions to reach the most efficient resolution by either litigation or alternative dispute resolution methods.’
‘Ozgur Guner provides us with high quality legal services in labour and social security law. I would highly recommend his employment practice as he is very dedicated to his work and working as if he were the part of the in-house legal and human resources team.
‘They easily handle the adaptation to the culture of our company and give us recommendations accordingly They can offer different alternatives.’
Japan Tobacco International
Eczacibaşi Consumption Goods
Borusan Is Makinalari
Vansan Water Pumps
Volkan Firefighting Vehicles
- Advising Borusan Conglomerate as sole external outsourced counsel for all employment advisory matters and employment related litigation.
- Outsourced counsel for a well-known American trading company in a white collar crime case.
- Advising Eczacıbaşı Tüketim Ürünleri on its daily operations regarding employment law, employment law risk management and employment law related cases.
The 'experienced' and 'high calibre' team at Paksoy advises international clients on day-to-day employment matters, Turkish labour law issues, and represents in litigation relating to issues such as termination, criminal background checks, and compensation. The practice works closely with the firm's corporate, tax, and litigation teams on complex issues such as collective redundancies and work accidents, as well as working on regulatory compliance issues. The team is led by the 'talented' and 'standout'. Elvan Aziz, an advisor to major corporates on a range of employment issues, supported by senior associate Gülce Saydam Pehlivan.
Other key lawyers:
Gülce Saydam Pehlivan
‘Solid advice from corporate lawyers with employment law expertise. ’
‘The team is very responsive to quick-turn requests and communicates very clearly.’
‘The Paksoy employment team, headed by Elvan Aziz, is very experienced, responsive and commercial in their advice to clients. ’
‘Elvan Aziz is a very talented lawyer and explains complex local employment law aspects commercially and easily for foreign investors to understand. She clearly stands out among other peers.’
‘We frequently work with this team in international projects, as they are very responsive and provide excellent, but usable advice. ’
‘Very approachable, friendly folks, that are very responsive and always push the envelope to get things done. ’
‘Very responsive, quite high-calibre, and good, clear command of English.’
The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels
- Advising Media Saturn Holding on various employment law matters, including employee relations of the senior management, their relocation and amending employment and bonus agreements as well as settlement agreements at termination.
- Advised Goldman Sachs regarding criminal record/background recruitment checks carried out in the context of the Covid-19 situation and legal risks deriving from the conduct of these checks.
- Advised BBVA with respect to high-level executives’ terminations and replacement appointment at its Turkish subsidiary Garanti Bank.
Pelister Atayilmaz Enkur Law Office advises well-known international clients such as Ralph Lauren on a range of Turkish legal issues, including contracts, outsourcing agreements, restructurings, and termination proceedings. With a client base consisting mainly of foreign-domiciled companies active in Turkey, the firm is also active in work permit applications and residency issues for international employees. The team is led by corporate and employment specialist Emre Atayılmaz.
‘Very knowledgeable and thorough. Good business understanding.‘
‘Highly responsive team.‘
‘Speed of response, precision, clarity and nice to deal with.‘
‘High level of availability.’
United Textiles Company
- Advising Ralph Lauren on various employment law related issues concerning their personnel in Turkey.
- Advising UTG on a variety of Turkish employment law related matters such as employee rights, health and safety, and the measures introduced by the Turkish Government against the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Advising Almodo on various Turkish employment law issues.
Öncel, Aydin & Uygun Attorney Partnership advises clients, including domestic corporates and major multinationals, on day-to-day Turkish employment considerations, large-scale restructurings and termination proceedings, and represents in litigation, including representing GlaxoSmithKline before the employment courts. The team is led by Buğra Aydın, an 'attentive' adviser on employment and trade union-related issues, and the vastly experienced Erman Öncel.
Buğra Aydın; Erman Öncel
‘Very capable and always attentive; it is easy to reach the partners.’
Al Jazeera Media Network
Page Group (Michael Page)
Červa Group a.s.
GÜBRETAŞ (Gübre Fabrikaları Türk A.Ş.)
The Ascott Limited
- Representing GlaxoSmithKline before the employment courts.
- Provided on-site assistance and secondment services to Vertiv for emergency employment law matters during the Covid-19 pandemic such as short-time working, unpaid leave, compensatory work and health precautions to be taken by the employers.
- Advised Geberit Group on HR restructuring, employment practices, and documents.
Özdirekcan Dündar Senocak Attorney Partnership
Bolstered by its partnership with top French firm Gide Loyrette Nouel, Özdirekcan Dündar Senocak Attorney Partnership advises a range of domestic and international clients on labour and employment issues, including day-to-day and retainer advice on contracts and Turkish operations, contentious termination and re-employment proceedings, and litigation. The firm is particularly capable in handling matters involving overseas or transient employees of multinational companies. The team is overseen by Ali Osman Ak.
Ali Osman Ak
Akdeniz Turistik Tesisler
Volvo Group Otomotiv
MDS AP Tech
- Advising Ak Gida on all aspects of employment law.
- Advising Club Med on labour and social security law.
- Advising Volvo Trucks on a range of labour and employment law issues.
Bener Law Office provides continuous advice to a number of major international companies, including Mastercard and Marks & Spencer, on employment issues relating to their Turkish operations. Matters include employment contracts, termination proceedings, benefits, and internal policies. The practice is led by Erim Bener and Batuhan Şahmay.
Erim Bener; Batuhan Şahmay
Marks & Spencer
With a consistent pipeline of referrals from its international network, BTS & Partners advises a number of international businesses on their Turkish employment issues, often on a continuous basis. Matters include contracts, termination proceedings, outsourcing, benefits, and internal policy reviews. The firm is also active in supporting domestic and international tech clients. The team is lead by corporate employment specialist Selin Beceni, alongside IT and IP-focused senior associate Zeynep Ünlü.
Selin Beceni; Zeynep Unlu
‘They are quick at responding and good at problem solving. Their knowledge of the law is very comprehensive.’
‘The team is always up-to-date in regards to the recent changes in local regulations. Additionally, they have always been responsive when we required feedback and recommendations on short notice.’
Erickson Immigration Group
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe
Russell Reynolds Associates
- Advising British Telecom on a retainer basis.
- Advising a number of international businesses on their Turkish employment considerations in partnership with Orrick.
- Advised Genpact and RTB House, conducting an extensive review on the legal framework surrounding the employment law practices in Turkey in pursuit of customising their workplace policies for Turkey.
Güner Law Office provides continuous advice to its corporate clients on a wide range of employment and labour law issues, including benefits and compensation agreements, internal guidelines, termination proceedings, settlement agreements, and changes in contracts or working conditions. The team also represents clients in challenges to employee terminations, and in mediation proceedings. The team is overseen by Ece Güner Toprak and employment specialist Burçak Kurt Biçer.
Ece Güner Toprak; Burçak Kurt Biçer
‘Excellent English, approachable, sensible and sharp.’
‘Burcak Kurt Bicer is an strong player. Clear advice, pragmatic and knows her stuff well.’
‘The Guner Law team is very efficient, responsive, and dependable.’
Discovery Corporate Services
Ferro Corporation and Ferro Turkey
Endemol Shine Group
Avient and Avient Turkey
C&J Clark International
Forcepoint Turkey Siber Güvenlik
- Advising Discovery Corporate Services on various labour law matters including but not limited to termination of employees, changes to working conditions, preparation, revision and negotiation of settlement agreements.
- Continuous advice to Ferro Turkey on a wide range of employment and labour law issues.
- Advising Avient on a number of employment issues, including termination of employment agreements, preparation of employment agreements and mutual termination agreements, and representation of the client in mediation proceedings with former employees.
Boutique firm Gunbay Kural Abbasoglu Law Firm advises a number of corporate entities, insurance companies, and international organisations on their employment issues within Turkey, including post-M&A considerations. redundancies, and transfers of registration. The team also acts in contentious matters, including a number of sexual harrassment cases. The team is led by specialist employment practitioners Ahu Pamukkale Gunbay, Duygu Abbasoğlu, and Basar Kural.
Ahu Pamukkale Gunbay; Duygu Abbasoglu; Basar Kural
‘They are extremely quick responders and all the team members are always available, provide their inputs as per their expertise promptly.’
‘They are smart and approachable. They also interpret very technical legal terminologies/cases into the way that we understand as customer in a very simplified and practical way.’
‘The team at Gunbay Law is very knowledgeable, experienced and with commercial sense.’
‘The team is very responsive and helpful. They go the extra mile each and every time, if required. It has always been a pleasure working with them’
‘Ahu Pamukkale Gunbay is a superb leader at Gunbay, and we are lucky that she is very much on our side in our various matters in Turkey.’
‘The team have been excellent throughout in providing great advice and clearly want to make their clients feel happy about the service they are getting.’
‘All of the partners are great to work with and all are knowledgeable in their respective fields and deliver advice in a clear manner and as per instructions. They even follow-up separately when there are developments in the areas of law that are relevant for our business, and this is a clear plus.’
Acelity – KCI
Atlas Ship Supply
Danish Refugee Council
Doğsan/Doğpa Medical Devices
I Global Law
International Rescue Committee
International Sustainability and Development
Kar Automative Group
- Advised Röhm on the transfer of Evonik’s methacrylate business.
- Assisted Acelity on closure of business in Turkey and collective redundancy within Acelity.
- Advised Kythera Capital on the $2bn acquisition of a company and associated employment issues.
Çakmak Attorney Partnership supports corporate clients with a range of employment issues, including advising on employment strategy, and on employee terminations as a result of COVID-19 restructuring. Additionally, the firm represents employers in employment disputes, and is also involved on behalf of labour unions in large-scale proceedings. The practice is overseen by Zeynep Çakmak and Mesut Çakmak, while senior associate Gülşen Engin focuses exclusively on employment matters.
Mesut Çakmak; Zeynep Çakmak
AP Wireless Infrastructure Partners
China Railway Rolling Stock Corp
Akenerji Elektrik Üretim
Uni-Mar Enerji Yatırımları
New Zealand Embassy
Yasam Kordon Kanı Bankası
- Representing AP Wireless Infrastructure Partners in four employment lawsuits.
- Representing Akenerji regarding work permit applications.
- Representing Uni-Mar in eight labour law related lawsuits.
ADMD/Mavioglu & Alkan Law Office advises corporate clients on Turkish employment issues, including contracts, bonuses and remuneration, termination of employment, and employee personal data matters. The 'reliable, fast, and cost-efficient' team also handles litigation and arbitration relating to employment disputes and labour union issues. The litigation-focused Dilara Tamtürk and Gökçe Şanlıerli head up the practice.
Dilara Tamturk; Gokce Sanlierli
‘ADMD is very easy to work with and very dependable. Very fast with answers – the solutions they offer are easy to understand and implement.’
‘Dilara Tamturk and her team have a very sensitive and balanced approach. ’
‘First class firm, solution and service focused, high quality work and excellent price-performance ratio.’
‘ADMD is reliable, fast and cost efficient. ’
‘Dilara Tamturk is our main contact for employment issues. She is highly experienced, get backs to us fast and offers the swiftest and most cost-efficient solution to our issues. ’
‘Brilliant team, easy to work with’
‘Dilara Tamturk is excellent in employment management and litigation.’
Telecom Italia Sparkle
- Advising Telecom Italia on all Turkish employment issues.
- Advising IFS on all Turkish employment issues.
- Advising Jato Dynamics on all Turkish employment issues.
Aksan Law Firm advises a wide range of clients, including domestic and international corporates, on Turkish labour laws, social security rules, and on occupational health and safety matters. The team also regularly acts for employee organisations and labour advocacy groups. The team is led by Muhammet Aksan, Mehmet Taş, and Fatma Gamze Telli.
Muhammet Aksan; Mehmet Taş; Fatma Gamze Telli
Metro Group Companies
Metro Turizm Seyahat Organizasyon
Metro Rent A Bus
Sew Eurodrive Hareket
Cevahir Özel Güvenlik
Cevahir İnşaat Taahhüt
Kullar Proje Geliştirme Danışmanlık
- Advising Derichebourg on the termination, review, revision and transfer of all employment contracts.
- Advising Securitas on Turkish labour law, social security law and occupational health and safety regulations.
- Advising the Metro Group companies on Turkish labour law, social security law and occupational health and safety regulations.
CETINKAYA has attracted a number of notable clients since its recent formation, already advising a number of major international brands and businesses on Turkish employment issues. The team provides continuous advice on issues such as contracts and internal policies, as well as representing in termination proceedings and other contentious matters, including a recent focus on COVID-19 measures. Altug Ozgun heads up the practice.
Egemenoglu Law Firm supports domestic clients in a range of employment matters, including continuous advice on issues such as contracts, terminations, and employee benefits. The firm also represents clients in litigation, and has strong capabilities in negotiating collective bargaining agreements with trade unions. The team is led by litigator Dilek Gürsan alongside senior associate and labour law specialist Fazilet Karabacaklar.
Dilek Gürsan; Fazilet Karabacaklar
- Representing Saydam Tekstil in negotiations with its employees’ trade union, the Teksif Union, over a collective bargaining agreement.
- Advising Panasonic Life Solutions on all aspects of Turkish employment and social security law.
- Day-to-day employment and social security law-related advice and assistance for Maysan Mando Automotive Parts,
TUNCA ATTORNEY PARTNERSHIP handles a mix of contentious and non-contentious employment work, supporting clients ranging from corporates to government entities, notably the Turkish Ministry of National Education. Matters include employee contracts and recruitment, termination agreements and litigation, and cross-border issues such as employee transfers. The team is led by Sidar Tunca and Sefa Demirci.
Sidar Tunca; Sefa Demirci
‘We have been working with Tunca Attorney Partnership for years because of the high quality of work. Since we serve a wide variety of sectors, such as constructıon, transportatıon, energy, tourism and agrıculture, we need a professional legal team to represent us in litigation and corporate matters. Tunca Attorney Partnership provides excellent legal services.‘
‘Tunca Attorney Partnershıp is a new generation law office with broad vision. Their approach to each case is multidimensional. They have expertise in many fields so they comprehend the problems very skilfully. They are very flexible and easily adjust to their clients.’
‘Sidar Tunca is very devoted to his clients and a professional person. He also manages to transfer that discipline and devotion to his team of lawyers.‘
‘The TUNCA team consists of young and successful lawyers who are very energetic and careful with our cases in courts. Their most distinctive strength and capability are to identify and detect the potential risks in our businesses. So we always find a chance to avoid unnecessary risks and save our firm from damages.‘
‘Sidar Tunca always makes us feel secure in terms of legal areas and results. He knows the importance of the topics and gives high importance to work on them. He always give attention to our business and follow up the legal matters.‘
‘Sidar Tunca is in the heart of all the work, the team, the discipline, and the professional approach.‘
Turkish Ministry of National Education
Abdi İbrahim İlaç
Atasay Otel Restoran Turizm
Icc Grup İnş
Tefirom İnşaat Enerji
- Ongoing employment advice to The Ministry of National Education in relation to its project to promote the integration of Syrian children into the Turkish education system.
- Advising Abdi Ibrahim on cross-border employment issues, including employee transfers, employee remuneration, and termination issues.
- Providing contentious and non-contentious advice to WYG International on issues including recruitment, termination, and employee mediation.
Yavuz & Uyanik has a full-service employment offering, encompassing day-to-day advice on labour law, regulations, and operations, alongside representation in litigation, and advice on complex issues such as restructurings. The client base has a strong focus on insurance companies and their employees, with the firm acting for both employers and workers in disputes. The team is led by Murat Uyanık and Çağlar Korkmaz, who both handle advisory work and litigation.
Murat Uyanık; Çağlar Korkmaz
‘Yavuz & Uyanik distinguishes itself from other law offices with producing practical and results-oriented solutions.’
‘Murat Uyanik is a lawyer who understands companies very well.’
‘Murat Uyanik is a lawyer who evaluates the matters coming to his attention not only legally, but also in terms of operational benefit according to the company.’
‘Partners keep their hands on our job and follow up until the end.’
‘They are proactive – especially with Covid-19, they shared possible legal implications from labour law perspective. The team is very strong and experienced in the areas in which they provide service.’
‘Their main areas of expertise are labour law, civil law and criminal law. They have a crowded and accessible team at those areas; they are qualified, hardworking and accomplished.’
Türk Ekonomi Bankası
L’Oreal Türkiye Kozmetik
Ontex Tüketim Ürünleri
Sirena Marine Denizcilik
Ashfield Sağlık Hizmetleri
Ciner Group of Companies
A Raymond Bağlantı Elemanları
BGC Partners Menkul Değerler
Rhea Girişim Sermayesi Yatırım Ortaklığı
Yazici Attorney Partnership advises a combination of international clients operating in Turkey and domestic businesses on Turkish labour law issues and day-to-day employment considerations such as contracts, internal policies, dismissals, and disputes, as well as advising Turkish clients on overseas employment issues. The team is led by Elif Karagözoğlu, İnci Akın, and Şener Özkan.
Elif Karagözoğlu; İnci Akın; Şener Özkan
Leonardo Turkey Havacılık
Aviagen Anadolu Ana Damızlık Tavukçuluk
Nüve Sanayi Malzemeleri İmalat
Transatlantic Exploration Mediterranean International
Sicim-Yüksel-Akkord Joint Venture
Taq Taq Operating Company
Turner International Proje Yonetimi
Bosphorus Gaz Corporation
- Advising Bosphorus Gaz Corporation on various labour law issues, including settlement agreements, internal directives, and performance bonuses.
- Advising Turner International on employment contracts, termination documents, and internal staff handbooks.
- Prepared the employment contracts of Genetec’s employees in Turkey and subsequently advised Genetec throughout the negotiation of the contracts with the employees.
The 'hands-on' and 'pragmatic' team at YBK Law Firm in Cooperation with CMS advises domestic and international corporates on standard employment issues such as contracts and employee compensation, as well as employment elements of transactions, collective redundancies and corporate restructurings, and risk management, such as mediating to avoid litigation. The team is led by Döne Yalcin.
‘Strong communication skills. Very practical in their advice. Dedicated and supportive, any time.’
‘Extremely diligent – always available to support. Provides solutions and practical advice to complex scenarios. ’
‘In my experience on of the key features of YBK’s employment practice is that it is more than employment. You have access to a data privacy and commercial law specialist as well, which can be crucial in labour law issues that rarely are just labour law.’
‘Very hands-on pragmatic and business oriented approach. The team provides solutions which can be implemented. ’
‘Done Yalcin is always responsive and on top of things.’
Howden Broking Group
- Advising Ak-taş Dış on day-to-day employment matters.
- Advised a European steel producer on the removal of its CEO due to non-compliant behaviour.
- Advising a global food manufacturer on a retainer basis, handling termination issues and COVID-19 support.