The 'highly professional' team at Cobalt leverages the size and scale of the practice to handle the full range of contentious and non-contentious matters for clients. Dalia Foigt-Norvaišienė, who chairs the employment practice, is notably strong in international arbitration cases. She is also skilled in handling day-to-day issues, as well as the employment aspects of corporate transactions. Corporate lawyer Žilvinas Kvietkus has a strong focus on employment and labour law, and has advised on TUPE transfers, immigration and whistleblowing issues. Elsewhere in the team, clients have highlighted 'amazing' senior associate Jovita Valatkaitė for praise.
Employment in Lithuania
Other key lawyers:
Žilvinas Kvietkus; Jovita Valatkaitė
‘Highly professional team, with great attention to detail. Compared to other teams, Cobalt stands out for its high ethical standards, politeness, attention to nuances, diplomacy. Complicated cases are led (supervised) by highly experienced partners.’
‘Lawyers and partners are not only knowledgeable in their particular areas, but also well informed about developments in other areas, and politics, and life in general.’
‘Jovita Valatkaitė is amazing. Client-oriented, truly practical and always on point. She has an ability to understand the needs of her clients to a very deep level in which you feel always being served with the best possible commitment level of service. She is my go-to-person, definitely’
Wolt Enterprises Oy
R1 RCM (Intermedix)
Ministry of Health of the Republic of Lithuania
Arxan Technologies, Inc
Amilina (Roquette group)
- Advised AT&T on complex employment law issues, such as transfer of business and of the employees, confidentiality, non–compete undertakings etc.
- Provided advice to R1 RCM on the winding down of its activities in Lithuania and the dismissal of over 400 employees in total.
- Assisted STADA Arzneimittel with employment-related matters in the acquisition of Walmark.
Ellex's employment team is a port of call for major employers such as Sanofi, AbbVie and Uber. Practice head Ramūnas Petravičius focuses on contentious issues, and his recent work included matters involving illegal strike actions and mass terminations. He is also very active in assisting clients with the employment aspects of corporate transactions. Rimantas Stanevicius has recently advised on employees being solicited by a competitor.
Other key lawyers:
‘I find the speed of how fast Ellex replies and provides solutions or recommendations to be very impressive. I can be sure that, after my email is sent, I will receive the reply within the same day, which is crucial in some cases. The information is always provided in a simple yet professional matter, so everyone could understand. ’
‘On-time consultations and all-inclusive top-level services in the employment arena. Each team member brings the best practice to the specific aspect of the issue. All lawyers are involved in a specific case and provide the best insights.’
‘Ellex Valiunas is by far the most well known legal partnership in Lithuania and could be considered a sign of quality in many fields.’
‘Ellex’s employment team finds the best business-oriented solutions and are also our valuable partner in business personnel management.’
‘Ramūnas is for sure the most recognized and leading individual in the market. Without his broad approach and excellent negotiation skills, he also tries and finds the way to go to agreements which saves our money and time and we can devote them to business development.’
UAB “IBM LIETUVA”
H & M Hennes & Mauritz UAB
Uber Technologies, Inc.
Veho Oy Ab
- Assisting AbbVie with the local implementation of the global transaction whereby the client has acquired Allergan Plc.
- Advised Uber on lay-off of part of its employees in Lithuania as part of its global job cuts plan.
- Advised Biogen on the employment aspects of the establishment and commencement of operations in Lithuania.
ILAW LEXTAL has an excellent labour law offering, and its team often advises on complex disputes before the Supreme and regional courts. Managing partner Tomas Bagdanskis has been active in disputes concerning unfair dismissals and collective bargaining agreements. He works with Vilius Mačiulaitis, who has also been advising clients on unfair dismissal disputes, as well as accidents at work. Mantas Mikalopas is a key name for trade union work.
Tomas Bagdanskis; Vilius Mačiulaitis; Mantas Mikalopas
AQ Wiring Systems
Bureau Veritas Lit
- Advised the Lithuanian Confederation of Industrialists on amendment projects of their labour code.
- Represented a trade union in the District Court of Vilnius City regarding possible discrimination of trade union members in relation to other employees of the institution.
- Represented an employee in a case, where the Supreme Court set a new case law regarding Article 59 of the Labour Code .
Sorainen's varied workload ranges from day-to-day advice to court litigation before the Supreme Court. Practice head Algirdas Pekšys is an expert in handling employment contracts, as well as advising on HR policies and procedures. Of counsel Agnietė Venckienė, who regularly assists the firm's international client base, is notably adept in handling dismissals and disciplinary issues. Nasdaq and RB Rail are among the key clients.
Algirdas Pekšys; Agnietė Venckienė
PKC Group Lithuania UAB
Wizz Air Hungary Ltd.
Genus Technologies Ltd
EUROMONITOR INTERNATIONAL – EASTERN EUROPE UAB
GetJet Airlines UAB
KAYAK Software Corporation
Nasdaq Vilnius Services UAB
Pepco Poland Sp. z o.o.
RB Rail AS
Vienna Insurance Group AG Wiener Versicherung Group
- Advised Vienna Insurance Group on the employment aspects of consolidating the business of its non-life insurance companies in the Baltics.
- Represented an energy company in the Supreme Court, forming new court precedent on information and consultation with employee representatives.
- Advised Wizz Air Hungary Ltd. in all employment aspects related to Covid-19 crisis.
Deloitte Legal, Professional Partnership of Advocates
Deloitte Legal, Professional Partnership of Advocates advises on all aspects of employment, with stand out strengths in immigration matters. Managing partner Tomas Davidonis, who leads the team, has been advising major employers in Lithuania such as its airports and its national broadcaster LRT. Managing associate Gintare Stoniene is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
Peek & Cloppenburg
Lithuanian National Radio and Television
Aurora Cannabis Inc.
Roche Lietuva UAB
Lithuanian Agriculture Advisory Services
- Represented Lithuanian Airports in a labour dispute at the Labour Dispute Settlement Body in respect to employee’s claims.
- Represented Lithuanian National Radio and Television in a labour dispute at the Labour Dispute Settlement Body and court in respect of an employee’s claim.
- Provided a full scope of migration law services to Oracle, including specialised advice on employees’ relocation models in Lithuania.
Fielding 'a dedicated employment team', ECOVIS ProventusLaw undertakes contentious and non-contentious matters involving issues such as employee contracts, tax, data protection, incentive schemes and immigration, among others. Practice head Loreta Andziulytė has the added advantage of being a certified data protection specialist. Senior associate Brigida Bacienė is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
‘ECOVIS ProventusLaw has a dedicated employment team. Their team consists of professional, responsive, and responsible specialists. Knowledge and availability. They understand business needs and provide legal advice on how things can be implemented, as well as they are following the newest changes in the labour law and providing updates as soon as new requirements or courts.’
‘Loreta Andziulytė exhibits professionalism and has deep knowledge of labour laws.’
‘Firstly, they tend to provide us with answers and information promptly in a very clear and detailed way. This law firm is the law firm that you want to have as your partner for any employment issues, since they give strong attention to detail, always try to drive the process forward. Secondly, a combination of the firm’
‘Loreta Andziulytė is a very business-minded person, who definitely provides us with the necessary legal services while always thinking about the aspects that would be best for us as a company. Also, not only the legal experience of Loreta Andziulytė stands out, but the quick response times for answering our queries are in our opinion uncommonly fast and always appreciated from our side. ’
‘ECOVIS ProventusLaw is an exceptional service provider for all employment law matters. They have great experience of employment disputes, in preparation of employment contracts, internal company’
‘The team of ECOVIS ProventusLaw satisfies our needs because of its tailored solutions, each time referring not just to the applicable laws but also to look at the situation in practical way. Their team is always prompt and they are moving forward together. From my first sight, I understood that team is not only professional but also fair and devoted to each client.’
UAB “CGI Lithuania”
UAB “Nium EU”
UAB “DeVere E-Money”
UAB “VIA Payments”
Draudimo brokerių rūmai
UAB “TBF FINANCE”
Husko Vermogensverwaltung GmbH
UADBB “Rizikos Cesija”
Association of insurance broker companies in the Republic of Lithuania
UAB PYRROS LITHUANIA
UAB “Arctic Adventures”
Majestic Financial, UAB
UAB “Rebellion Fintech Services”
- Advised Skanėja on the employment aspects of COVID-19.
- Advised the Association of insurance broker companies in the Republic of Lithuania on employment policies and procedures.
- Represented a group of scientists in a case concerning the right of scientists to receive a state pension corresponding to the length of service of scientists.
Eversheds Saladžius (a member of Eversheds Sutherland)'s employment team is ‘really passionate about the work' and advises on HR policies, redundancies, tax, immigration and data protection. The firm has been able to attract global clients such as Samsung, Turkish Airlines and Nestlé. Senior associate Neringa Bubnaitytė leads the practice.
‘Really good knowledge of the business area and problems, the type of the employees we are dealing with, accordingly the consultations are adopted to our needs, not just a simple quotation of the legal acts.’
‘Really passionate about their work and really attentive to detail by solving our issues.’
‘The team is of the highest quality’
Berlin Chamie Menarini Baltic
Samsung Electronics Baltics
- Advised Sofa Brands on the employment aspects of Covid 19.
- Advised Turkish Airlines on employee migration and termination issues.
- Advised CGI Lithuania on general employment matters.
GLIMSTEDT Bernotas & Partners
GLIMSTEDT Bernotas & Partners advises major employers such as Continental and Schneider Electric, with expertise in general advisory issues as well as high scale recruitments, dismissals, and health and safety violations. Aušra Maliauskaitė-Embrektė has strong capabilities in employment and labour law matters.
‘ Their lawyers are experienced enough to not only report on the applicable law but also provide business solutions in various new and difficult situations. Being an outsourced legal service (not in-house lawyers), they are quick in their service and not too fancy in their advice. On the other hand, being practical and easy, they are still very reliable in their advice ’
‘As we work with some of Glimstedt people since 1995, we have absolute trust in them. They are always always professional.’
‘Polite, professional communication, sense of humour which helps us to calm down even if it is hard case for us.’
Continental Automotive Lithuania UAB
Embassy of Sweden
American International School in Vilnius (AISV)
Genius Sports Group
Kaunas Aircraft Maintenance Services (KAMS)
DOVISTA, Velux, Vitral
Schneider Electric Group
Paroc / Owens Corning
- Advised the Vocational Training (Apprenticeship) program on Lithuanian labour law.
- Represented Grigeo Klaipėda in a dispute regarding termination of the employment contracts with a C-suite employee.
- Advised numerous companies on navigating the employment aspects of the Covid 19 crisis.
Primus Derling delivers ‘business-oriented, practical solutions to very complex issues’ with particular credentials in the areas of unfair dismissal, benefits and taxation issues. Giedrė Dailidėnaitė focuses on immigration and reorganisation issues. She works with managing partner Robert Juodka, who handles general advisory issues as well as labour disputes, dismissal and employee benefits matters. Also recommended is senior associate Greta Bagdanavičiūtė who assists international clients with regulatory compliance matters.
Other key lawyers:
Robert Juodka; Greta Bagdanavičiūtė
‘The Primus Derling team consistently sought and implemented business-oriented, practical solutions to very complex issues. They learned our company’s products and services quickly, enabling them to identify relevant issues and present options under applicable local laws. They also were extremely responsive to our needs, including many communications late at night and on weekends.’
‘Primus Derling are really good professionals who can easily translate many legal issues into understandable “language” for our company.’
‘Looking for solutions, trying to compromise for both employer and employees, excellent guiding during implementation of new salary system, great support with negotiations with union/work council.’
‘Giedre Dailidenaite – very committed partner. ’
‘The team responds to questions quickly. They have knowledge of the general practice in Lithuania and have been very helpful in suggesting alternative solutions to a problem.’
Trelleborg Sealing Profiles AB
Elements Global Services
Marketing Investment Group
NBC Security Inc.
Blue Bridge group
GrECo JLT Lietuva, UADBB
Vilma AB No
TILTS, SIA and its branch MO-24
SuperDry (UK, Estonia)
Solid Real, UAB
Korporacija Tjanši, UAB
- Assisted Sakret with the issuance of corporate bonds.
- Advice on issuance of investment units and acquisition of the controlling stake in 2 real estate development companies for DIFF Fund I.
- Advised Enefit on the financing of a street lighting project.
TGS Baltic's team has ‘a sharp and business-minded approach’ to both contentious and non-contentious matters. Its recent work involved advising on remuneration schemes, unfair dismissals, employer’s liability and collective bargaining agreements. Practice head Ieva Povilaitienė is ‘an exceptional team leader’ and counts major employers such as Philip Morris and DS Smith as key clients. Vytautas Šilinskas has left to join Lithuania's Ministry of Social Security and Labour.
‘We value greatly TGS Baltic employment practice team. This team is the best in the market due to its sharp and business-minded approach to every delegated issue. ’
‘ Ieva Povilaitienė is an exceptional team leader and great at strategic and high scale solutions.’
‘Fast and agile solutions, timely communication, super customer-oriented service.’
‘Good communication in English, understanding clients needs, and flexible approach. Willing to assist when and as much as requested.’
‘TGS team aims to find practical solutions. It introduces possible legal risks in order to weight all possible alternatives in each situation.’
‘Excellent and reliable support, very practical and business-friendly.’
‘Well-coordinated and professional team.’
‘High-quality work, quick and useful advice. Professional, responsible, polite and accurate team.’
Bank of Lithuania
National Radio and Television of Lithuania
Stora Enso Packaging
AUGA group, AB
TV Play Baltics
- Advised Philip Morris on the employment aspects of COVID-19.
- Prepared an “umbrella” Remuneration Policy for a number of different companies.
- Represented a group of Ryanair employees on the airline’s breaches of employment rights.
Averus advises on complex employment disputes involving workplace accidents and illnesses, as well as sensitive issues such as discrimination and gender equality. The team also assists employers with everyday issues such as HR policies, contractual matters and disciplinary procedures. Practice head Jurgita Venckutė is particularly active in the transport, IT and manufacturing industries.
ISM University of Management and Economics
- Advised EY on migration and employment matters.
- Advised Scania on issues including remuneration policy, disciplinary procedures and working time management.
- Representing ISM in a dispute over regulation of state pensions provided to academic employees.
LEADELL Balciunas ir Grajauskas
LEADELL Balciunas ir Grajauskas' contentious employment work includes disputes arising from dismissals, as well as allegedly illegal activity undertaken by employees. The team also assists clients with avoiding court litigation through settlements and arbitration. Practice head Gintaras Balčiūnas is a recommended arbiter in the Vilnius Court of Commercial Arbitration.
Concern “ACHEMOS GRUPĖ”, Ltd.
State Enterprice “ORO NAVIGACIJA”
“Roche Lietuva”, Ltd.
JSC “KLAIPĖDOS JŪRŲ KROVINIŲ
- Advised Achemos on a dispute with a former employee over its dismissal.
- Advised Transachema on the dismissal of an employee who is a member of a trade union.
- Advised Achemos on a dispute over the payment of incentive bonuses to a dismissed employee.
Triniti Jurex Law Firm
Triniti Jurex Law Firm assists employers with employee contracts, union agreements and general compliance, as well as the dismissal of senior executives. Practice head Jurgita Judickienė is a highly-skilled litigator. She works with Karolina Laurynaitė, who also focuses on disputes and advises on issues such as immigration and taxation.
Other key lawyers:
‘Triniti Jurex has a professional and very competent team. We have different situations and questions, and there we get all answers. Strengths – professionally prepared documents, detailed comments in each situation, documents are prepared for several possible variants of situations. After receiving the prepared documents, the questions usually do not arise, they are thought through to the smallest details.’
‘Mostly I work with Jurgita and Karolina. They are people I always apply to and always will in the future. Knowledge and experience, quick help and support in difficult situations – words which describe them. ’
‘Professionalism and motivated orientation to the goal.’
BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO LIETUVA
Light Conversion World
Global BOD Group
- Designed the framework of Shared Services Model (SSM) for BOD Global Group.
- Advised Vilniaus Baldai on a collective bargaining with a trade union.
- Advised British American Tobacco on general employment issues.