Hegymegi-Barakonyi and Partner Baker & McKenzie Attorneys-at-Law's top-tier practice assists multinational companies with drafting employment contracts, benefits plans and post-M&A transfers. In addition, it is sought after to advise on mass redundancies, executive terminations and litigation. It has also been actively advising employers and agencies on the challenges and legislative amendments arising from Covid-19. Practice head Ákos Fehérváry assists Chinese companies with employment issues locally and regionally.
Employment in Hungary
Hegymegi-Barakonyi and Partner Baker & McKenzie Attorneys-at-Law
British Petroleum (BP)
Oxford University Press
- Advised the Hungarian subsidiaries of several client on the complex process of applying for various state subsidies for introduced by the Hungarian government in response to the economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, including subsidies for research & development employees.
- Advised a chemicals company on its mass redundancy process due to the contemplated closure of its site in Hungary.
- Assist a leading automotive manufacturer with employment law advice on day-to-day issues, such as implementing global regulations, carrying out reorganizations, as well as termination matters and resolving individual labour law issues.
Szecskay Attorneys at Law's employment practice, which is led by Hédi Bozsonyik, is lauded as 'very responsive and always pushes the envelope to get things done'. The practice is instructed in the drafting of general and executive employee contracts, corporate restructurings and contentious work (including matters arising from the termination of agreements). Bozsonyik is noted for her handling of terminations and executive dismissals. Zoltán Balázs Kovács and Adrienn Tar are recommended for their expertise in data protection, internal policies and litigation.
Other key lawyers:
Zoltan Kovács; Adrienn Tar
‘They are far the best law firm what I’ve seen in my life. Extremely professional organisation where each employee is confident in their field and has a customer-focused mindset. I can always rely on their advice and they are my first contact before make any long or short term business decisions.’
‘We frequently work with this team in international projects, as they are very responsive and provide excellent, but usable advice.’
‘Very approachable, friendly folks, that are very responsive and always push the envelope to get things done.’
- Advising Valeo on all measures available in order to mitigate negative impact of the Covid pandemic and recession of the automotive manufacturing sector, including redundancies, salary and working time reductions, reorganizing working order and applications for all available state subsidies.
- Advised Swiss Post on wage negotiations with a union and the communication of the outcome of the negotiations.
- Representing NNG in three litigations against the former managing director (i) a civil law suit relating to the consequences of the breach of their business secrets and (ii) a labour- law litigation for damages resulting from the fact that the managing director had misled client by the signature of the mutual consent after having secretly taken possession of our client’s business secrets and (iii) in the litigation the managing director commenced for unlawful termination of his employment and for damages.
VJT & Partners fields an experienced team, which is led by Zoltán Csernus, who provides a 'practical and down-to-earth approach to the problem' and can handle each case 'thoroughly and very efficiently'. The practice advises on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment matters. It is noted for its strengths in the employment aspects of M&A and outsourcing transactions, and also represents employers and employees in contract negotiations and litigation (often arising from dismissals). János Tamás Varga is the other leading partner.
Other key lawyers:
János Tamás Varga
‘The partner responsible for HR matters is very highly skilled and experienced. Based on his advice we had to realize the complexity of our HR problem particularly from cross border taxation point of view.’
‘Zoltan Csernus delivers excellent quality and is always ready to assist.’
‘Zoltan Csernus, very pleasant and nice attorney to work with!’
‘The team members have a wide range of theoretical and practical knowledge. Not only do they know the rules, but they can also apply them. They are also familiar with European practice. They express their legal position in an understandable, concise manner, supported by examples.’
‘VJT & Partners – Employment is a team of experienced practitioners who have been providing assistance in the field of labour law for many years. Their great advantage is a practical and down-to-earth approach to the problems of their clients. Individual cases are processed thoroughly and at the same time very efficiently, which significantly affects the decision-making and accuracy of actions taken by the clients of the law firm.’
‘The lawyers which I worked, are trustworthy, communicative, substantive and professional in each case. They are distinguished by an individual approach to the client and professional legal assistance to the full extent.’
NN Insurance (formerly ING Insurance)
- Advised and successfully represented an insurance client in a reorganization case where senior employees were terminated.
- Advised a manufacturing group on the reorganization of its Hungarian subsidiary.
Andrékó Kinstellar assists clients with a wide range of internal HR issues and labour disputes, as well as employee transfers, terminations and collective agreements with trade unions. The firm acts for companies in sectors such as automotive, industrial, retail and life sciences. Ákos Nagy is knowledgeable about the outsourcing of services, restructuring schemes and complex senior management employment contracts. Associate Dániel Péter is also highly recommended.
Other key lawyers:
‘Responsiveness and very capable in providing clear client instructions.’
‘Daniel Peter (Associate): responsive and very capable in providing clear client instructions. Proactive in follow-up.’
SK Innovation / SK Battery Hungary Kft.
GLP Pte. Ltd.
- Advising Ibiden Europe B.V. on day-to-day employment matters, including the establishment and termination of employment relationships; work safety, occupational health issues; disciplinary measures, and advice in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Conducting an employment due diligence in respect of a 40-person team of Goodman Group working in the region and advice in relation to the transfer of employees to GLP, as part of GLP’s agreement to acquire Goodman Group’s Central and Eastern Europe logistics portfolio.
- Advising Inter Cars SA on internal HR issues, including sensitive employment law issues such as the termination of the employment contract of the managing director of the Inter Cars’ Hungarian subsidiary.
CLV Partners - Csabai & Partners Law Firm
CLV Partners - Csabai & Partners Law Firm is widely praised for its 'immediate availability, professional support' and 'wide scope of experience'. It acts for clients in the pharmaceutical, retail, consumer goods, technology and entertainment sectors. The team's varied workload includes cross-border TUPE, contracts, data protection and trade union disputes. It also advises employers and individuals on termination and disciplinary procedures. The firm is the only Hungarian member of Ius Laboris, an alliance of law firms offering employers cross-border employment and pension law advice in over 50 countries. Marianna Csabai and Henrietta Hanyu both have 'hands-on experience' and offer solutions 'tailor-made to the industry and specific to the company'.
Other key lawyers:
‘They respond faster than the majority of law firms I am working with. They work with a lot of dedication and empathy. I felt that we are working mutually on accomplishing difficult cases and that they actually care.’
‘They have experts in all areas of the law, I can find the right person to answer all my question.’
‘They are always available, they also prefer phone calls/personal discussion which makes difference. If I have any question they answer it very fast, and they are open in case of any question further explanation.’’
‘Henrietta Hanyu merits special highlight as very professional and competent in HR contracting.
‘They have a wide scope of experience regarding HR and organizational issues and matters. There are no situations in which they cannot comment and give their theoretical and practical advice. They can combine labour and civil law implications, and not work in silos’
‘Dr. Marianna Csabai and Hanyu Henrietta. All of them very professional, prepared in HR matters. They have actual hands-on experience and solutions. They are very quick and precise, and there is always business knowledge behind their solution. They do not provide off the shelf solutions but focus on industry and company-specific solutions.’
‘I work with Henrietta Hanyu mainly, she provides me with accurate legal advice. I really appreciate her availability. ’
‘Trusted partnership, immediate availability, professional support.’
Viacom International Hungary Llc.
Futureal Management Llc.
Bat Pécsi Dohánygyár Llc.
Mölnlycke Health Care Llc.
Computacenter Services Llc.
NSC Global Ltd.
ABB Industrial C&S Hungary Llc.
ACCRETECH – Tosei Hungary Llc.
Quehenberger Logistics HU Llc.
Roger & Roger – Sugo Food Ltd.
- Supported a Hungarian affiliate of a multinational telecommunication and entertainment company group investigation procedures in more alleged harassment cases, which were very unique matters, almost without any precedents in the Hungarian legal practice.
- Advised a Hungarian affiliate of a multinational technology company group on mass redundancies, as part of a global restructuring and closure of its Hungarian plant.
- Supported a Hungarian affiliate of a multinational food production company in the closure of TUPE affecting more than 150 employees.
CMS advises on all aspects of employment law, including internal policies and day-to-day HR issues, contracts, disciplinary measures and high-profile litigation arising from allegedly unfair dismissals. The practice distinguishes itself handling the HR aspects of outsourcing, corporate restructuring and cross-border employment M&A. Clients include multinational companies operating in the TMT, manufacturing and pharmaceutical sectors. Gabriella Ormai, Tamás Tercsák and senior associate György Bálint are the key contacts.
Other key lawyers:
Tamás Tercsák; György Bálint
- Continue to advise Budapest Marriott Hotels / The Ritz-Carlton Budapest on various employment issues, including HR support and more recently, COVID-related advice on requesting state subsidy.
- Advising Johnson & Johnson on a wide range of employment law matters.
- Supporting Roche Services Europe on implementing various internal policies, local execution of global restructuring measures, in the resolution of daily HR problems and in the establishment, modification and termination of employment relationships.
DLA Piper is highly regarded for its advice on the employment aspects of acquisitions and corporate restructurings, as well as assisting with day-to-day HR internal policies, contract drafting and litigation. The firm also utilises its GENIE newsfeed application, providing clients with updated employment, pensions and Covid related information in over 55 countries. Helga Fehér regularly advises clients in the aviation, IT, retail, energy and manufacturing sectors. Associate Dóra Bocskov-Szabó provides 'applicable business-oriented, compliant legal advice'.
Other key lawyers:
‘The DLA employment team is outstanding in the Hungarian market. In addition to the traditional values of a law firm I would point out their project management skills, the firm is assisting us with numerous multi-jurisdictional assessments and projects. ’
‘DLA Piper Hungary is a very competent law firm with a thorough knowledge of Hungarian labour law. They are quick to respond and provide business-oriented advice. It is valuable that I – as a client – can receive legal advice that is doable in practice. ’
‘Senior Associate Dora Bocskov-Szabo is competent, service-minded and provides applicable business-oriented, compliant legal advice. Dora focus on solutions instead of – as a general lawyer weakness – focusing more on restrictions in the legislation instead of finding solutions.’
British International School Budapest
Zara / Inditex Group
- Advising Wizz Air in relation to wide range of employment matters, including preparing and amending sample employment documents in different locations, termination of employments and redundancy procedures, working time and benefit related issues and labour litigation cases.
- Represented Beckman-Coulter in an employment litigation case commenced by a former employee whose employment was terminated due to operational reason.
- Advising AmRest Holdings SE, the largest independent chain restaurant operator in CEE on day-to-day employment issues, including drafting of termination documents, working time scheduling or immigration related questions.
Forgó, Damjanovic & Partners Law Firm's practice is led by Gábor Damjanovic, who is 'highly responsive, practical and commercial'. Under his leadership, the 'responsive' employment team is noted for its 'strong practical advice'. The group's experience includes litigation arising from executive dismissals, as well as the employment aspects of M&A deals and corporate restructurings, and issues presented by the Covid-19 pandemic. Business immigration specialist Ákos Balázs assists foreign clients with obtaining special entry permissions and waivers during the different phases of the COVID-19 lockdowns.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team communicates, thinks and acts as a client-based unit. They identify and act on real risks and manoeuvre around theoretical ones.’
‘Excellent communication style in English, solution oriented’
‘An excellent full-service law firm. It is unique for strong practical advice on what happens in reality at local level, in particular advice on the local custom and practice. ’
‘Gabor Damjanovic is highly responsive, practical and commercial.’
‘I worked with Gábor Damjanovic and Ákos Balázs.They were both very responsive, even during strange hours, weekends and holidays. I received immediate answers to everything I needed.’
‘Very responsive team. Very professional service. Got me the results I needed. Billing was accurate and fair.’
- Advising Big Bus Tours on mass dismissal action due to the COVID-19 pandemic and its effect on the tourism sector.
- Advising American Express Global Business Travel on all of its employment law related matters, including in relation to work time schedule, overtime work, maternity leave, severance payments, bonus schemes and various other employment-related issues.
- Assisted China Telecom in hiring an executive for its newly established Hungarian representative office.
The employment team at KCG Partners Law Firm has 'a very good reputation on the market' and is experienced in assisting multinational clients from various sectors with TUPE issues, employee share schemes and data protection. Contentious work includes matters arising from dismissals and alleged harassment. The practice is also frequently sought after to handle issues arising from Covid-19, such as the preparation of home office policies, pandemic strategy, employment contracts and company restructurings. Levente Csengery co-heads the team with Rita Párkányi, who is the main contact for French-speaking clients.
Levente Csengery; Rita Párkányi
‘The employment team of KCG Partners has a very good reputation on the market. Its co-partners, Levente and Rita, regularly attend employment conferences and publish legal articles. During the pandemic, they published several articles with the aim of helping employers and employees to better understand the fast-changing new tax and employment regulations.’
‘KCG Partners are excellent in partnering with business and promoting business sustainability even as organizations are trying to cope with everything from shutdown orders to labour shortages.’
‘Very responsive and client-oriented, good English skills’
BNP Paribas Cardif
- Advising Sberbank on employment-related matters, including the position of Data Protection Officer according to the GDPR.
- Assisting Lego with its Hungarian employment operations.
- Providing assistance on a pro bono basis for the Szimbiózis Foundation, whose main objective is to promote the employment of people living with disabilities. Advised the Foundation on compliance of its employment structure from employment, corporate and tax law perspectives.
Lakatos, Köves and Partners' sizeable client base includes companies in the financial services, consumer goods, automotive and logistics sectors. The team provides day-to-day employment support and its recent work has included advice on challenges presented by Covid-19, such as workforce restructurings and wage subsidies. It has also taken an active role in reforming Hungary’s Labour Code to align itself with increased workforce digitisation and effects of Covid. Practice head Éva Bognár is 'very responsive and knowledgeable' and undertakes the full scope of labour law issues.
‘Excellent response time, attention to detail is outstanding. Breadth of specialists available is a huge strength.’
‘Very quick response time. Practical and accurate advice. Feels like a business partner rather than a service provider, which is important.’
‘It is a full-service law firm, but for me, particular interest is in employment and employment-related tax counselling. The team, which is led by Eva Bognar, is exceptional in its responsiveness and business-oriented advice to clients.’
‘Eva Bognar – very responsive and knowledgeable of the market and current market practices, to the point and reliable advice on Hungarian employment laws.’
MARS Multisales and Manufacturing entities
American International School of Budapest (AISB)
O-I (Owens Illinois)
- Advising South Korean based firm, Soulbrain (to be located in the Tatabánya Industrial Park) on the establishment of its Hungarian entry and development project, and on all employment aspects of its Hungarian operation.
- Advising the Mars Group on labour law aspects of an internal restructuring affecting the entire company, new employment contracts, litigation mandates, rewriting disciplinary procedures, elaboration of new framework working time schemes and COVID related issues.
- Advising US based international HR consultant Spencer Stuart in relation to acquisition Hungarian assets of consulting business from AON Hewitt.
Oppenheim Ugyvedi Iroda‘s Budapest team, which is led by Zsolt Cselédi, is highly regarded by banking, construction, retail and telecoms sector clients. Its core areas of activity include assisting clients with the employment aspects of M&A, collective redundancies, terminations and employment audits. It is also active in litigation. Senior counsel Lívia Mihovics is another key contact.
Other key lawyers:
‘Strong employment team delivering on expectations’
‘Good negotiation skills’
Vodafone Hungary Telecommunications
Vodafone Shared Services Budapest
Continental Automotive and Powertrain
HELL Energy Beverages Ltd.
British American Tobacco
TIGÁZ Gas Producer
UniCredit Bank Hungary
CIB Bank Hungary
Avalon Hotels Ltd.
- Acting for EGIS Pharmaceutical Ltd in litigation regarding workplace safety and an individual claim for damages.
- Assisted Avalon Hotels in employment law audit including implementation of changes at one of the hotel companies in Hungary
- Assisting Continental Automotive and Powertrain Group in a major reorganisation in Hungary, namely the carve-out of the Powertrain Business, involving several hundred employees and, besides the setting up of a new factory in the country (brown field project with newly hired staff).
bnt | attorneys-at-law
bnt | attorneys-at-law's German-qualified lawyers (Rechtsanwalt) specialise in general HR advice for German-speaking clients and employers across the CEE and SEE region. The team comprises of multilingual partners Éva Ratatics and Jan Burmeister, who act for clients in the manufacturing, life sciences, automotive and IT sectors, and are praised for their 'straightforward and quick delivery in any legal matters'.
Éva Ratatics; Jan Burmeister
‘I have worked with a partner and an associate. We had several meetings together – personally and online as well. Both of them were always well prepared and gave us good advice. They had a lot of practical knowledge about our sector. They were very flexible, worked quickly and precisely and always delivered good quality. ’
‘Highly skilled multilingual staff with dedicated specialists in employment law and practice. The fact that we have had no issues with employment contracts and condition (neither with employees or authorities) is a good indicator of quality.’
‘Focus on protecting our interests. Very clear advice (even if it is not what we wanted to hear). Constructive and pragmatic approach to finding solutions.’
‘Éva Ratatics and Jan Burmeister are of note. Their accuracy, professional awareness, being up-to-date in all matters. What we appreciate the most is their straightforward and quick delivery in any legal matters. Their availability is outstanding.’
‘international legal knowledge, flexibility, speed, customer focus’
‘Helpfulness and flexibility. Dr. Eva Ratatics always had a quick look at our situation, she took care of us together. There was no need to tell lessons about our problem. We also understood each other from half-words.’
- Comprehensive legal management of SONA-BLW’s green field automotive investment in Eastern-Hungary. Currently, we assist the company in its international reorganization of their workforce.
- Advising Robert Bürkle GmbH on set up the employment structure at its new manufacturing facility in Debrecen, now we assist the client with daily employment matters, set up working time schedules and prepare the relevant policies.
- Advising TNT in post M&A matters regarding the integration of FedEx’s and TNT Express’ Hungarian businesses and operations.
Noerr's multilingual team is sought after by German-speaking and CEE based companies on their business operations in Hungary. It focuses on advising manufacturing and automotive clients on their day-to-day HR needs, negotiations with trade unions and litigation. Viktor Füzi has a strong track record representing employers in termination cases, among others. Edina Czeglédy is also recommended.
Viktor Füzi; Edina Czeglédy
thyssenkrupp Components Technology Hungary Kft.
Schwarzmüller Hungary / vehicles and parts company
Peek & Cloppenburg Kft.
KUKA Hungária Kft.
RUAG Ammotec Magyarországi Zrt.
Krones Hungary Kft.
- Advised Thyssenkrupp Components Technology Hungary on negotiation with its trade union.
- Advised Schwarzmüller Kft. on employment of employees in reduced working time.
- Advised Peek & Cloppenburg Kft. on the posting of employees to Hungary and from Hungary to other EU-States
Sándor Szegedi Szent-Ivány Komáromi Eversheds Sutherland's Budapest team comprises of 'well-trained lawyers' who are knowledgeable about Hungarian and EU employment law. The practice advises on the full scope of employment issues, including business immigration, data protection and disputes involving discrimination issues, redundancies and dismissals. Katalin Varga was appointed as the head of practice in January 2020. She leads the 'adaptable and flexible' team, which includes Ágnes Szent-Ivány and associate Kinga Mekler.
Katalin Varga; Ágnes Szent-Ivány
Other key lawyers:
‘Great customer service and practical advice.’
‘The law firm consists of well-trained lawyers, who in each case answer or remedy our legal issues with the involvement of a partner who is familiar with the given topic. We never face any legal issue for which they do not recommend solution or proposal.’
‘After several years of experience with her, we can declare that Dr. Varga is a well prepared, professional, thoughtful and thorough, rational lawyer. I would recommend her for general cases related to a multinational company’s daily topics.’
‘The team is reliable, flexible, always available. They were professionally prepared, they gave a lot of help to us. I would recommend them.’
‘English language skills were important to us, which is definitely a huge positive compared to other competitors.’
‘This team is adaptable and flexible to our needs. As our projects typically ebb and flow with many changing dynamics, Eversheds attorneys changed course seamlessly as part of our team. ’
‘They are unique because they are up to date, they know the best practice and are business-oriented which means that they focus on the main things and advises and try to avoid legal procedures.’
Charles River Laboratories
- Represented a major diversified industries company in a lawsuit against a former employee, referring to her discriminated position because of her gender, upon which she has allegedly received lower salary and less benefits than the male colleagues being in similar position, and while her male colleagues were entitled to use company cars, she was not.
- Assisted a manufacturing company during the process of plant closure in Hungary. Work included advising on a step plan for the collective redundancy procedure, notification to the works council and employer’s resolution.
- Assisted a pharmaceutical company with terminating the employment relationship of all employees employed in Hungary as the company intend to suspend its business activity in Hungary.
Schoenherr Hetényi Ügyvédi Iroda has a strong non-contentious labour practice. It mainly assists clients with HR issues, transfers of employees, restructurings and benefits and compensation packages. It also demonstrates strong capabilities in litigation. Dániel Gera is the main point of contact.
‘Schoenherr are a trusted adviser for most of our legal needs. As our organization spreads in lots of countries, their ability to connect and give us a complete assistance is a great value. They are also able to work both as an external General Counsel and as an ad hoc Advisor on certain matters. Furthermore, their presence in the Eastern Europe is an additional value. Finally, all our partners at Schoenherr showed accountability, even when assignments extend for a longer time, losing no grip on the issues.’
‘In few words – accountability – strong legal knowledge – the ability to team work when matters cover multiple areas – the ability to operate timely’
‘Schoenherr Attorneys At Law is a reliable company in every respect: accurate, up-to-date, rapid and flexible as much as possible.’
‘The direct partners are assisting in the whole process from the beginning to the end. In case of extremely important issues, they are always checking the results, and give feedback from time to time. It is really comforting for us as a customer that they are thorough and caring, and always up-to-date.’
Fressnapf Holding SE / Fressnapf Hungária Kft.
Arylux Hungary Kft. (Member of the ITW group)
Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles, SA (CAF) and its Hungarian subsidiary CAF Hungary Kft.
GTC Hungary Real Estate Development Zrt.
Uniper Hungary Kft.
Essentra Filter Products Kft.
UNIQA IT Services GmbH / Uniqa Raiffeisen Software Service Kft.
Heidelberger Druckmaschinen – Heidelberg Magyarország Kft.
Greiner Bio One Kft.
Benteler Autótechnika Kft.
- Advises Fressnapf on employment matters, such as management contracts, terminations, a labour audit and the development of internal regulations on work-time registration.
- Advised Arylux Hungary Kft. (ITW group) related to the termination of its business operations and the related collective redundancy.
- Successfully represented Uniqa Raiffeisen software Service Kft in a high profile employment litigation which was decided at the Supreme Court.
Pál Szabó is the main figure at Siegler Bird & Bird Ügyvédi Iroda, where he advises multinational companies on collective redundancies, benefits and incentive programmes, as well as matters involving domestic and cross-border labour law (such as company reorganisations and outsourcings). He also negotiates and acts on behalf of employers on matters relating to senior executives and their compensation packages.
Szécsényi és Társai Ügyvédi Társulás
At Szécsényi és Társai Ügyvédi Társulás, Miklós Molnár provides wide-ranging HR support to international companies from a variety of sectors on their operations in Hungary. Molnár assists with contract drafting, due diligence and dismissals. He also advises clients on Covid-19-related restructuring procedures and applications for state aid.
Hotel Yasmin Budapest Kft (Hilton Garden Inn)
Special Textile Hungary Kft
Sauter Hungaria Kft
Karl Wörwag Lack- und Farbenfabrik
BWT Hungária Kft
CBRE Global Investors
Baker Tilly Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Fitness Vision Hungary Korlátolt Felelősségű Társaság (Life 1 Fitness)
Gymbeam Hungary Korlátolt Felelősségű Társaság
- Advised Deloitte on a matter involving Hungarian employees and an intended equity incentive plan of a Germany based multinational employer. Assessed the basics of the plan, how far the rules and the restrictions of the plan comply with Hungarian employment law.
- Assisted Baker Tilly with employment support related the change of control cases and how far such changes may trigger permissions of negotiations with works councils.
- Advised Fitness Vision Hungary, a gym operator (Life 1) throughout Hungary on employment law matters relating to the the removal of existing employment regime and challenges due to the COVID pandemic.
Szabo Kelemen & Partners Attorneys
Szilvia Fehérvári leads Szabo Kelemen & Partners Attorneys' labour department, where she specialises in collective and individual employment law matters. Fehérvári focuses on contracts work and HR support, GDPR compliance, disciplinary policies and employment litigation.
‘Fast response time. understanding of our internal processes (to the extent possible), deep knowledge.’
‘Szilvia Fehervari is my main contact at the law firm. I am very satisfied with her pragmatic and professional approach.’
‘Well prepared professionals, delivering everyday help/project related assistance proper in content and timing.’
Torsten Braner leads Taylor Wessing Hungary's Budapest employment practice, which is focused on assisting foreign companies and local employers with their Hungarian HR issues, such as cross-border transfers of undertakings, reorganisations, collective bargaining issues, dismissals, redundancies and labour disputes.
‘Very quick response times and perfectly pragmatic answers for in-house lawyers‘
‘Torsten Braner is not only very deep into his fields of practice but also super-quick and highly pragmatic in answering our questions – with a great understanding of companies’ needs.’
‘Rapid availability in case of highly urgent matters.’
‘TW is extremely accurate and complete, always keen to understand the exact needs. TW returns quickly to our e-mails/phones and reacts super fast to our needs rendering their best expert for a task. Even if a profile is not matching their everyday practice, they make the effort to completely deep-dive, carefully prepare and deliver the best advice.’
Werum IT Solutions GmbH
C&A Mode Kft.
Charles Vögele Hungary Kft.
EIPA Hungária Kft.
- Advised Werum IT Solutions GmbH on a transfer of undertaking triggered by an asset deal.
- Advising C&A, a major international fashion chain, on employment contract design, dismissals, and issues in connection with employees returning from maternity leave.
- Advised Mango Hungary on special measures put in place as a result of Covid-19, its effect on the retail market and ongoing regulations. Advised on working time reduction, available job retention schemes and government subsidies, with a special focus on the regulatory aspects of the relevant applications.
Vámosi-Nagy Ernst & Young Law Office
Vámosi-Nagy Ernst & Young Law Office often works with its tax, business advisory and disputes team to advise foreign employers. It handles internal HR issues such as multijurisdictional restructurings, transfers, reorganisations, executive recruitment, dismissals and labour litigation. Gábor Jagicza is the key figure.
DM Ker Nyrt.
AccorInvest Group SA
MASTER GOOD Termelő és Kereskedelmi Korlátolt Felelősségű Társaság
- Advised DM-Ker Nyrt. on the ownership and management in connection with employment of executives (CEO and other executive contracts).
- Advised Accorinvest Group SA on a large-scale multinational transaction.
- Advised MASTER GOOD Termelő és Kereskedelmi Korlátolt Felelősségű Társaság on the acquisition of Sága Foods Zrt.
Wolf Theiss Faludi Erős Ügyvédi Iroda focuses on non-contentious employment work, particularly in relation to the transfer of undertakings, workforce restructurings, business immigration and redundancies. It also works with the tax department to assist clients with negotiating benefits packages, stock options and grant agreements. Barnabás Buzási advises various clients across the CEE/SEE region on cross-border staff assignment, management contracts, data protection and litigation.
‘The company is working admirably,’
‘Strengths: – Communication – Reliability – Knowledge’
L’Oréal Magyarország Kozmetikai Kft.
International Flavors & Fragrances I.F.F. (Hungary) Kft.
- Advising International Flavors & Fragrances, a leading innovator of scent, taste and nutrition, on setting up in Hungary and its employment aspects.