Baker McKenzie's strong, highly specialised team remains at the top of German public procurement practices and has advised bidders on some of the most important Covid-19-related procurement procedures at federal and EU level. In addition, the team assists clients with pandemic-specific public procurement challenges, ranging from public procurement-related integrations of so-called corona clauses in projects to its website 'Baker McKenzie's Covid-19 Guide on Public Contracting', which was launched in March 2020 and provides weekly updates on latest developments in the international legal landscape; here, public procurement expert Susanne Mertens plays a central role. In addition, the practice continues to act with a focus on advising the public sector as contracting authority on important defence, infrastructure and digitisation projects. Practice head and renowned public procurement lawyer Marc Gabriel is based in Berlin and has 20 years of experience. Stephan Götze joined Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH in April 2021.
Public procurement in Germany
Berufsgenossenschaft für Gesundheit und Wohlfahrtspflege
- Advising and representing international pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers and trading companies in connection with various lighthouse projects of the German Federal Government and the European Commission to deal with the Covid 19 pandemic.
- Advice on procurements for international pharmaceutical companies, medical technology manufacturers, trading companies in connection with the Covid 19 pandemic.
- Advising international pharmaceutical companies and leading pharmaceutical industry associations in connection with security of supply in drug discount agreements and privileging EU production sites.
With a large team of renowned procurement law experts, Bird & Bird LLP's practice serves a wide range of clients, both on the contracting and contractor side, with a focus on the security and defence, healthcare, infrastructure and IT sectors; the latter area is becoming increasingly important due to the digitisation push, while the team also acts at the forefront of new, innovative projects for instance in relation to hydrogen. The practice offers interdisciplinary advice on contractual, regulatory, financial and litigation issues, while plaintiff representation in review proceedings has particular increased. The firm also provides public clients with digital service 'Access', an e-tendering platform for the legally secure provision and management of tender documents. Jan Byok heads the practice from Düsseldorf and is well versed in the planning, management and refurbishment of complex technology and infrastructure projects. Alexander Csaki in Munich has expertise in health sector advice, among others matters.
Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit
- Mandated by a waste disposal company to procure an innovative H2 hydrogen filling station and an electrolyser to fill up waste collection vehicles in particular with self-generated green hydrogen.
- Advising a newly founded federal limited liability company on the conception, planning and implementation of a highly complex negotiation process for the procurement of an innovative IT system.
- Procurement and contract law support for a major municipal IT service provider in three procurement procedures, each in the tens of millions, for the digitization of the public education sector.
As one of the top addresses for in public procurement law, CMS' practice is spread across several locations and can draw on longstanding cooperation with cities and municipalities as well as on sound industry know-how in the infrastructure, construction, utilities, IT and communication, health and defence sectors. The team assists with the expansion of the German electricity and gas transmission network as well as various large infrastructure projects, while the representation of large industrial companies in award and review procedures also represents an important part of the practice. In the healthcare sector, the group focuses on advising large pharmacies that supply clinics and, most recently, on Covid-10-related issues, such as the establishment of vaccination centres. The Cologne-based Christian Scherer jointly heads the practice with Jakob Steiff in Frankfurt. Volkmar Wagner is 'extremely practical and solution-oriented'.
‘Very good accessibility and very quick response, both by telephone and email, the advice is based on very broad and well-founded knowledge of the current legal situation and on excellent knowledge of practice and the industry (energy and infrastructure sector).’
‘Dr. Volkmar Wagner also advises in an extremely practice- and solution-oriented manner, the feedback is given in the required brevity and can be applied immediately in practice.’
- Advising the bidder consortium A3 – Eiffage SA / Johann Bunte as Funders Legal Advisor and the financing financial institutions represented by KfW IPEX-Bank as common agent with regard to the PPP project (V model) on planning, construction, financing, maintenance and operation the A3 in the Biebelried – Fürth/Erlangen section.
- Advising the Baden-Württemberg Ministry of Economics, Labor and Housing on the selection of a project manager for the preparation and participation in the World Exhibition Dubai 2020, including the preparation of all tender documents and the agency agreement, management of the tendering process and activity as an external tendering agency.
- Comprehensive assessment and conception of all legal, in particular regulatory requirements for the hydrogen pilot project of the city of Frankfurt am Main and Mainova AG, taking into account the entire value chain (generation, storage, transport and consumption of hydrogen). In particular, assessment of the BImSchG procedure and planning law requirements for the construction of an electrolysis plant at the MHKW Nordweststadt.
Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek‘s team has ‘high competence and practical knowledge‘ and stands out with a focus on advising the public sector. The client portfolio includes the federal government, federal states, cities, public utilities and transport companies, which the group particularly frequently assists with large infrastructure projects and politically or socially important projects. Most recently, the practice has been increasingly involved in sustainable procurement matters, especially with regards to local transport, while Covid-19 procurement and digitisation matters also played a central role for the team. Ute Jasper in Düsseldorf, who has ‘excellent specialist knowledge in the areas of public procurement and municipal law’, jointly leads the practice with the Hamburg-based Martin Schellenberg, who ‘impresses with deep detailed knowledge of the individual task‘.
‘Dr. Laurence Westen, highly concentrated, high work speed, knowledge is as broad as it is deep, has a whole library in his head. dr Ute Jasper, always thinks along with the customer on the economic level, what the solution means for him materially and not just legally, she is the most commercial lawyer. dr Christopher Marx is immediately extremely “sure-footed” even in exotic subjects (such as rail vehicle tenders). regularly has more knowledge of the legal text of the state ministry than the ministry itself.’
‘The team around Dr. Ute Jasper is characterized by creativity and legality. When it comes to public procurement and contract law, it is highly competent and technically beyond any doubt. We are completely satisfied with the team and recommend them again and again .’
‘Target-oriented advice and preparation of pleadings and documents, very good accessibility and high level of commitment, punctuality in completing the order.’
‘Miss Dr. Jasper has excellent specialist knowledge and an excellent understanding of all procurement law issues and guidelines.’
‘High level of competence and practical knowledge.’
‘Dr. Westen knows how to harmonize the technical/legal aspects with the overall goals of the projects/the company. So far, public procurement law issues and challenges have always found appropriate solutions that fit our company perfectly.’
‘Miss Dr. Jasper: Her excellent specialist knowledge, including in the area of public procurement and municipal law, coupled with a great deal of creativity when it comes to practical solutions, humor and a very pleasant demeanor, makes Dr. Jasper as the best possible contact for the aforementioned topics.’
‘The lawyer advising and supporting us, Dr. Schellenberg, convinces with his deep understanding and knowledge of the matter and convinces with deep detailed knowledge of the individual task. He’s in it with all his heart (and mind, of course).’
Dentons stands out due to its expertise in national and European public procurement law as well as in matters pertaining to public procurement of international organisations. The group assists its considerable client base, which includes prestigious international companies, federal ministries and federal states, with procurement matters as well as with review procedures. Wolfram Krohn in Berlin, for example, advises an international cloud services provider, while Peter Braun in Frankfurt stands out for his expertise in tender exclusions at international financial institutions; the duo jointly lead the practice. In March 2021, antitrust and public procurement lawyer Maria Brakalova made partner, while counsel Lars Hettich, previously at ADVANT Beiten, strengthened the Düsseldorf team. Counsel Christian Miercke is considered an up-and-coming lawyer in public procurement law.
Bundesministerium des Innern, für Bau und Heimat
Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales
Deutsche Bahn AG / DB Regio
Deutsche Post AG und DP Inhouse Services GmbH
Duisburger Hafen AG
EFN eifel-net Internet-Provider GmbH
Fachagentur Nachwachsende Rohstoffe e.V. (FNR)
logport Ruhr GmbH
Optimal Systems Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH Konstanz
Prosoz Herten GmbH
Roche Diagnostics GmbH
Stiftung Zentrale Stelle Verpackungsregister
Wirtschafts- und Infrastrukturbank des Landes Hessen (WIBank)
- Representation of the Federal Chancellery in a procurement law review procedure before the Federal Public Procurement Chamber.
- Preparation of an expert opinion for the Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS) on the possibilities of procuring a uniform IT procedure for the implementation of sovereign tasks in the area of social administration by the federal states.
- Comprehensive support in the concession award procedure for the operation of a container terminal for combined transport on the Cologne North industrial site as well as subsequent procedural support and procedural representation in the review procedure before the Rhineland Public Procurement Chamber due to unlawful cancellation of the award procedure.
Gleiss Lutz‘ team is ‘well coordinated‘ and demonstrates significant strengths in the health sector, where the group particularly advises on statutory health insurance, and the IT industry, although the practice also assists with matters in the security, transport and infrastructure sectors. Advice on public-public partnerships also represent an increasingly important pillar of the practice, as do procurement-related compliance issues. The team has further experience in assisting with various award reviews. Andreas Neun leads the team from Berlin and has expertise in privatisations and public-private partnerships among other matters. Daniel Görlich left the firm in April 2021.
‘Well coordinated, if necessary additional expertise is added, broadly based.’
AOK-Bundesverband und AOKs
Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung
Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung
- Comprehensive support in the negotiation of a framework agreement with the Ministry of the Interior on behalf of Bundesdruckerei GmbH for the production and further development of ID documents (including passports, identity cards and residence cards).
- On behalf of all AOKs under the leadership of the AOK Baden-Württemberg, comprehensive advice and support in the 24th and 25th tranche of the Europe-wide tenders of the AOKs for drug discount agreements in the generics area as well as in the intermediate AOK discount agreement procedure AOK 1 – future location / environment for certain antibiotic active ingredients and representation in the award review procedures of various pharmaceutical companies directed against it.
- Successful representation of PDV GmbH in review proceedings as the (allegedly qualitatively) inferior bidder for the major order from the Berlin ITDZ/ the State of Berlin for the digitization of the state’s administrative files.
Kapellmann und Partner
Kapellmann und Partner's team, which is spread across all of the firm's locations, draws on 'extensive experience with complex procurement procedures' and is particularly often active in planning and construction projects; Alexander Fandrey, who made equity partner at the beginning of 2021, is particularly active here. The practice also handles procurement in the IT and healthcare sectors, which most recently also included various Covid-19-related procurements, and advises on the structuring, conception and sometimes entire operational handling of procurement procedures as well as review and submission procedures. Hendrik Röwekamp in Düsseldorf, with extensive experience in public procurement law, heads the practice together with Mathias Finke in Hamburg, who advises 'comprehensively and, above all, action-oriented'. Julian Linz, associated partner since 2021, is part of the team in Frankfurt.
‘Fast perception, cross-topic independent determination of the content relevant to procurement law, courage to fight for fundamental judgments.’
‘Extensive experience with complex procurement procedures.’
‘Dr. Finke has extensive experience in carrying out such procedures and is in an excellent position to represent the interests of his clients.’
‘Dr. Finke has been our competent contact for years, both for questions relating to procurement that we support as planners and for questions that affect us as bidders in VGV procedures. We always receive short-term feedback and receive comprehensive and, above all, action-oriented advice.’
‘Dr. Martin Jansen: Technically up to date, friendly, fast.’
‘The law firm specializes in public procurement law. She has employed specialist lawyers with expert knowledge. There is a personal assignment of specialist lawyers, but even if they are not available, processing is carried out by another specialist lawyer. The concerns are always dealt with in a timely manner with a result that can be used very well.’
‘They are friendly and approachable, understand the problem and actively ask about all the facts relevant to solving the problem. The assessments made are objective and are weighed against all relevant facts. Attention is drawn to the risks that exist in further progress.’
Leinemann & Partner
Renowned public procurement and construction law expert Ralf Leinemann in Berlin heads Leinemann & Partner's team, which acts 'sensitively and with a keen eye for the overall interests of the client'. The practice assists companies, corporations and classic contracting authorities such as federal states and their ministries with procurement matters related to transport infrastructure, hospitals and construction projects, while the Berlin team is particularly experienced in advising on construction works related to network expansion. Clients are also comprehensively supported through the practice's cooperation with a leading e-tendering provider. Thomas Kirch has 'great experience' in public transport, IT, defense and construction procurement, while Eva-D. Leinemann provides 'high professional competence, but also technical understanding'.
‘In terms of services, clearly superior to other law firms, public procurement law as a central competence.’
‘Above average commitment of the lawyers. Very high level of expertise. Very high adherence to deadlines. Top accessibility. Very high level of expertise.’
‘Working with the team around RA Nonhoff is simply fun, as a client you feel that you are understood professionally and personally and that you are in good hands all round. The cooperation is always at eye level and in real teamwork between the client and the lawyers.’
‘The collaboration with Dr. Kirch has a great deal of experience in the area of public procurement law. The exchange on the individual subject areas is always very cooperative and appreciative. Dr. Kirch always takes into account the individual circumstances of the client and brings them into line with the legal issues. Response times are always very quick and the work results are excellent.’
‘Responsive and practical advice tailored to our needs. Broad specialist knowledge and understanding of the special features of the group result in advice that is always impressive. Especially the conversations at eye level with and the skillful argumentation in discussions with the authorities are convincing again and again. The team has so far found great solutions for all questions and problems without exception. Expertise, also on a technical level, increasingly seems to be a unique selling point of the law firm in general. Also very helpful in discussions with planners, engineers and authorities. Non-lawyers are always picked up precisely and introduced to the legal matter in a comprehensible manner.’
‘The law firm with its branches throughout Germany has been working for us for more than 20 years. Adhering to our own quality management is directly linked to the constant further training and qualification of all members of the law firm. In addition, excellent client care is implemented. Not only through our own further training formats in the event of changes in the law, but also through the publication of our own specialist press. The law firm attaches great importance to the compatibility of family and career (work-life balance), without losing sight of the timely contact and processing of all client processes. Every lawyer who is part of the law firm is characterized by a high level of professional competence. Comprehensive advice, weighing up all opportunities and risks, is the focus of taking on a mandate. The team is practice-oriented and reliable, radiating a calm and friendliness based on well-founded knowledge, even in processes. We have always happily recommended “our” law firm to those seeking help in construction and public procurement law.’
‘We mainly work with Dr. Eva – D. Leinemann together. A cooperation that we would not want to do without in all our tasks for 20 years. Your high professional competence, but also the technical understanding impress again and again. We particularly appreciate the honest, open and friendly cooperation between the lawyer and the client.’
Alexander Dennis Germany GmbH
Badebetriebe Frankfurt GmbH
BIEGE A1 Lohne-Bramsche
Bietergemeinschaft ViA3, ÖPP A 3 Biebelried-Fürth
dechant hoch- und ingenieurbau gmbh
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Kommunale Unfallversicherung Bayern
Landesbetrieb für Immobilienmanagement und Grundvermögen Hamburg – LIG
Sana Kliniken Einkauf GmbH
Staed. Klinikum Brandenburg GmbH
Unfallversicherung Bund und Bahn
- Successful advice and representation of Alexander Dennis Germany GmbH in the negotiation procedure of the Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG) for the award of an eight-year framework contract for the delivery of 430 double-deck low-floor buses.
- Representation of the bidding consortium ViA3, ÖPP A 3 Biebelried-Fürth in an award review procedure, including support for the preparation of the offer and the award review procedure at the VK Nordbayern.
- Framework agreement for the implementation of numerous procedures for the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ) GmbH as an external agency in the field of development aid in all parts of the world.
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH's team always develops 'innovative and quick solutions' and benefits from the ability to draw on cross-practice, industry-specific advice within the firm. In addition to energy, real estate and infrastructure, the group's core competencies also include the healthcare sector, IT and telecommunications as well as mobility and logistics. The practice mostly acts on behalf of contracting authorities , but is also instructed by bidding companies. The team has particular strengths in public transport procurement, as well as at the interface to IT and security. Ulf-Dieter Pape in Hanover heads the team, which was strengthened by the arrivals of Stephan Götze from Baker McKenzie in April 2021 and a team from LUTZ | ABEL RECHTSANWALTS PARTG MBB in January 2022, consisting of Tobias Osseforth, counsel Stephen Lampert and two associates. Stefan Mager is another key contact.
Other key lawyers:
‘From our point of view, the team impresses with excellent coordination, always very quick reactions to our quite frequent inquiries, a very unbureaucratic procedure that, without being too relaxed with formalities, always manages to develop innovative and fast solutions for the customer . We are very enthusiastic about how uncomplicated and smoothly everything always works there without, as I said, having worries that the formal award conditions are not always observed and complied with. ‘
‘Dr. Mager: Uncomplicated, absolutely clear in addressing and explaining, very customer-oriented, always looking for solutions that help the customer and are still within the framework of the formal framework, always very pleasant to deal with, always easy to approach, extremely experienced. ‘
‘The quality of advice goes far beyond purely legal issues. It refers to overall strategic advice on the best possible project realization while maintaining the framework conditions of public procurement law. This begins with the definition of performance profiles for the tender and awarding to the appropriate planning partners and the demarcation of interfaces to other planning partners and consultants as well as the implementation of legally secure awards. A good knowledge of the market in connection with carefully selected strategic procurement recommendations paves the way for client-side decisions towards the smoothest possible project implementation.’
‘The excellent performance of the team is achieved through the well-established contribution of individual core competencies. All team members are characterized by a very high level of competence in connection with an interactive exchange, which leads to real team performance. ‘
‘ dr Stefan Mager, the law firm partner who looks after our company, is characterized by a high level of competence and great commitment!’
‘Competent and pragmatic support in matters of public procurement law and far beyond at all times.’
‘The practice provides the skills of different specialists, also in ancillary areas of public procurement law or outside of it, in order to achieve a result that is secure in all aspects.’
‘The Luther law firm clearly distinguished itself from other law firms in our projects thanks to its very good consulting services. The solutions offered by Luther were always very easy to implement in practice and made a significant contribution to the successful implementation of the project.’
‘Competent, effective, individual and very goal-oriented advice, short processing time, easy to reach.’
BVG Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe AöR
Dortmunder Stadtwerke Aktiengesellschaft
Hallesche Verkehrs AG
- Advice on public procurement law to the Landesnahverkehrsgesellschaft Niedersachsen mbH (LNVG) from conceptual considerations to the award of the contract for the train procurement Expresskreuz Bremen-Niedersachsen.
- Complete advice on procurement law to RAG AG as a public sector client, including EU-wide tenders for shaft conversion measures and construction work for the construction of a mine water canal in Ibbenbüren.
- Tender advice and support for the Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe AöR in the period from 2015 on the procurement of trams and the award of a spare parts supply contract for the service life of the vehicles.
LUTZ | ABEL RECHTSANWALTS PARTG MBB's team, which is instructed by a wide variety of clients and bidders at municipal, state and federal level, continues to grow, most recently with the arrival of Jan Bernd Seeger from GSK Stockmann in May 2021; thus, the firm now provides public procurement advice from its Hamburg, Munich and Berlin offices. The practice focuses on the healthcare sector and the IT, digitisation and innovation fields, while the team's pandemic-related advice spanned emergency procurement and allocations in relation to Covid-19 aid funds at federal state level. Munich-based practice head Mathias Mantler specialises in the procurement of innovative and technology-related services. Daniel Junk made partner in July 2020. In January 2022, Tobias Osseforth joined Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH with a team consisting of counsel Stephen Lampert and two associates.
actori GmbH als Hauptauftragnehmer der Bundesanstalt für Arbeitsschutz und Arbeitsmedizin
Alb Fils Kliniken GmbH
Aloys Baron GmbH
BayernFonds (Freistaat Bayern)
Bombardier Transportation GmbH
Bundesagentur für Arbeit
Bundesgartenschau Mannheim 2023 gGmbH
Bundesstiftung Magnus Hirschfeld
EIT RawMaterials GmbH
Humboldt Forum Service GmbH
Internationaler Bund e.V. (IB)
Kliniken des Landkreis Lörrach gGmbH
Klinikum Coburg GmbH
Klinikum Memmingen AöR
KNAPPSCHAFT KLINIKEN SERVICE GMBH
kpm3 – berlin gmbh
Rücker + Schindele Beratende Ingenieure GmbH
Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung
Stiftung Humboldt Forum im Berliner Schloss
Technische Universität München
TMH Trading GmbH (Steyr, Österreich)
TUM International GmbH
VBB Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH
- Comprehensive project-related advice to the owner of the district of Böblingen on all procurement and contract law issues for the new construction of the Flugfeldklinikum for the Kreiskliniken Böblingen gGmbH.
- Advising the Federal Employment Agency on the preparation and implementation of an innovation partnership in the field of labor market services as a full service.
- Advising the Foundation for University Admissions on IT procurement law on the digital future project for the admission of students to universities in Germany.
Renowned for 'fast, pragmatic solutions', the team at ADVANT Beiten, renamed after an international merger, stands out for its procurement expertise in high-tech projects, while IT, health and energy sector procurements also form part of the practice. The team primarily advises public contracting authorities, but occasionally also acts for bidders. Stephan Rechten in Berlin and Hans Georg Neumeier in Munich took over the team management after a number of departures: Stephen Lampert and Marc Röbke joined LUTZ |ABEL LAWYERS PARTG MBB in September 2020; Werner Stirnweiß left for THORWART in October 2020, Hans von Gehlen joined KNH Rechtsanwälte in January 2021, Lars Hettich went to Dentons in March 2021 and Jan Christian Eggers joined Esche Schümann Commichau in December 2021. Max Stanko made salary partner in January 2021.
‘Reliable, very competent, on schedule, friendly, practical.’
‘Stephan Rechten: Very good overview as a project manager. Michael Brückner: Very good at contracts, can highlight key areas very well.’
‘Very competent, experienced. Very good and friendly atmosphere within the team. You can tell that you enjoy the work and the topics. Quick transfer of topics, quick coordination among each other.’
‘ Very experienced, friendly and obliging. Very quick feedback. The legal assessments go straight to the point and are not formulated in the subjunctive, as is the case with other law firms. Questions and comments are answered immediately. To be highlighted: RA Neumeier.’
‘Overarching economic relationships are recognized and kept in view, and quick, pragmatic solutions are found. I find it very positive that, despite the fact that a mandate has several focal points, you have a fixed contact person who, if necessary, will seek the expertise of the respective colleagues and present an overall solution.’
Bayerisches Staatsministerium der Finanzen und für Heimat (StMF)
Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF)
Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
Krankenhaus GmbH Landkreis Weilheim-Schongau
Medline International Germany GmbH und Medline International B.V.
Ministerium für Wirtschaft, Innovation, Digitalisierung und Energie des Landes NRW
Olympiastadion Berlin GmbH
Stiftung Humboldt Forum im Berliner Schloss
Zentrale Stelle für Informationstechnik im Sicherheitsbereich (ZITiS)
- Advising the space agency of the German Aerospace Center (DLR) on several major satellite projects on procurement, contract and pricing issues.
- Comprehensive advice on procurement and contract law to the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) on the procurement of a new research ship (Meteor IV) for the Federal Republic of Germany.
- Comprehensive advice to the Central Office for Information Technology in the Security Sector (ZITiS) on procurement, contract and price law issues.
BLOMSTEIN Rechtsanwälte's team offers 'sound and first-class advice' and predominantly acts on the bidding side, but has recently also been able to attract instructions by various contracting authorities. The group particularly often assists with large projects in the defence and security spheres, as well as in the services, healthcare and infrastructure sectors, while the representation in sometimes politically explosive and high-volume review proceedings before procurement chambers, higher regional courts and civil and administrative courts is another mainstay for the practice. Particularly notable is also the practice's international orientation. Key contact Pascal Friton has longstanding experience in procurement law compliance and is 'pragmatic and strong in negotiations'. Key contact Roland Stein is a specialist lawyer for public procurement law and an expert in foreign trade law, as well as a World Bank-approved compliance monitor.
‘Strong marketing, good networking, personable appearance.’
‘Young and dynamic team. Well-founded and first-class advice.’
‘Pascal Friton is a top-notch public procurement lawyer. Pragmatic and strong negotiator.’
‘Excellent combination of regulatory know-how across the entire spectrum with a focus on public procurement law. Efficient resources, high caliber mandates, very visible in the market. First class processing quality.’
‘Well networked and professionally at a high level.’
‘ Roland Stein understood how to interweave the topics of foreign trade law with those of public procurement law .’
‘Roland Stein: Very client-oriented. Pascal Friton: Impressive expertise. Florian Wolf: takes clients along very well.’
Bundesrepublik Deutschland (BMWi)
Bundesverband der Pharmazeutischen Industrie
FSG (Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft)
German Naval Yards
KfW Capital (Tochter der KfW Bankengruppe)
OMR Ramp 106
Stiftung Allianz für Klima und Entwicklung (gegründet durch KfW und BMZ)
- Advice on public procurement law to Amprion in connection with the procurement of modern power plants.
- Advising FASTNED on public procurement law and competition law on the development and operation of charging infrastructure for electric vehicles in Germany.
- Advising FSG in connection with the BAAINBw tender for two Type 707 fleet tankers.
The team at CBH Rechtsanwälte is jointly led by Stefan Hertwig in Berlin and Cologne partners Andreas Haupt and Jan Deuster. The client portfolio includes federal offices, municipal utilities, research institutes, armaments companies as well as construction and real estate companies, which the practice advises comprehensively on national and Europe-wide tenders, in the context of bidder strategies on the preparation of offers as well as in review procedures. The team can also draw on expertise and experience in public-private partnerships as well as in the participation of public companies in procurement procedures, while the practice, particularly Deuster, has also been increasingly active in the public transport sector.
Amand Landesentwicklung GmbH & Co. KG
Berliner Immobilienmanagement GmbH
BEWA Security GmbH
Bietergemeinschaft A3 Nordbayern GbR
Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung (BzgA)
Dirk Müller Gebäudedienste GmbH
Heckler & Koch
Industrieterrains Düsseldorf-Reisholz AG
Innung des Gebäudereiniger-Handwerks in Nordrhein-Westfalen
Institut der deutschen Wirtschaft sowie Tochtergesellschaften
Landesbetrieb Straßenbau NRW
Landschaftsverband Rheinland (LVR)
Nada (Nationale Anti-Doping-Agentur)
Oertel & Prümm
RVK Regionalverkehr Köln GmbH
Stadtwerke Bonn Verkehrs-GmbH
Wolf & Müller Hoch- und Industriebau GmbH & Co. KG
- Successful support of the bidding consortium A3 Nordbayern GbR (Bauunternehmung Bunte and Eiffage PPP GmbH) in the currently largest PPP project in Germany for the tender with a total of three review procedures.
- Procurement law support for Heckler & Koch.
- Accompanying the Stadtwerke Bonn in the tender for the procurement of high-floor trams.
GÖRG Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten mbB
GÖRG Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten mbB's public procurement practice predominantly advises on construction and infrastructure projects, concession awards, IT procurement, waste management and sector contracts in the energy and transport industries. The team also authors expert opinions, draws up and reviews procurement contracts and assists with public procurement project management and can also draw on expertise in remunicipalisation, privatisation and PPP projects. The Hamburg-based Jan Scharf heads the practice and has experience in assisting with public procurement aspects of complex procurement and privatisation processes. Kai-Uwe Schneevogl is well versed in advising public clients on information and communication technology projects, while Heiko Hofmann has experience in procurement projects in the construction, supply and service sectors.
Carl-Thiem-Klinikum Cottbus gGmbH
European XFEL GmbH
Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg
Futurium gGmbH – Zukunftsmuseum des Bundes
Gaskraftwerk Leipheim GmbH & Co. KG
Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher Forschungszentren
Mehler Law Enforcement GmbH
Stadt Bad Homburg v.d.H.
Stadt Frankfurt am Main
SWB Energie- und Wasserversorgung Bonn/Rhein-Sieg GmbH
- Comprehensive advice on public procurement law and state aid law, together with related real estate law and strategic contract law advice to the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg and its authorities.
- Advice on public procurement and municipal law to the city of Bad Homburg in connection with the modernization of the Kurhaus.
- Comprehensive advice on public procurement law, energy law and contract law to Fraport AG in connection with the conversion to green electricity procurement to reduce CO2 emissions at Frankfurt Airport.
Acting at a 'high professional level', GSK Stockmann's team focuses on procurement law advice in the context of project developments and complex construction and real estate projects, while the team is particularly expanding its advice on partnering models in construction contracts. IT and healthcare awards are other central components of the advice offering. With the arrival of Friedrich Ludwig Hausmann and his team in 2020, the team's profile has tangibly sharpened with regards to traffic and infrastructure issues. Jenny Mehlitz has 'excellent expertise' and jointly heads the practice with Hausmann in Berlin.
‘The law firm GSK Stockmann worked for us in the implementation of procurement procedures for construction and engineering services and the drafting of the associated construction and engineering contracts. The technical qualifications and many years of experience in the individual specialist areas are convincing.’
‘The internal coordination and clarification of our inquiries/enquiries between the individual legal areas, i.e. public procurement law and contract law, are a prime example of effective cooperation, from which the clients benefit in a special way.’
‘Thanks to the high level of expertise, clear structures, clear division of tasks, strict monitoring and thus compliance with award schedules, the time-critical award procedures were successfully completed .’
‘Dr. Arne Gniechwitz was in charge of supporting us in the implementation of the award procedure and was particularly convincing with his great professional knowledge and very good knowledge transfer, with his many years of experience and special commitment.’
‘Especially in the review procedure, which was decided for us, Dr. Gniechwitz and his team have worked extremely successfully with the highest level of professional expertise and particular personal commitment.’
‘Mr. Sören Wolkenhauer, in a team with Dr. Gniechwitz oversaw the award procedure and made a significant contribution to the success of the review procedure with his technical expertise and special personal commitment .’
‘Arne Gniechwitz: Excellent in the preparation and processing of complex issues. The pleasant and approachable way is to be emphasized. The communication and professional quality in combination with the close cooperation is unique.’
‘Jenny Mehlitz: Excellent professional competence far beyond the industry. The pleasant and approachable way is to be emphasized.‘
Bundesminsisterium für Verkehr und Digitale Infrastruktur (BMVI)
HOWOGE Wohnungsbaugesellschaft mbH
Land Berlin, vertreten durch Tegel Projekt GmbH
Land Brandenburg/PD Berater der öffentlichen Hand GmbH
Neue Seidenstraßen – Duisburg Gateway Terminal
Stadtwerke Jena GmbH; Jenaer Nahverkehr GmbH
Stiftung Denkmal für die ermordeten Juden Europas
Vivantes Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH
Lübeck Port Authority
Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge/PD Berater der Öffentlichen Hand GmbH
OHB System AG
PD – Berater der öffentlichen Hand GmbH
Chabad Lubawitsch e.V.
Toll Collect GmbH
- Advice to the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI) on all questions relating to the German truck toll; including procurement law issues and topics relating to the European Uniform Toll Service (EETS). In addition, advising Toll Collect GmbH (100% subsidiary of the federal government) on public procurement, contract and corporate law issues.
- Advice on public procurement law to the Lübeck Port Authority on the award of the contract for the conversion of the 5 Plus pier at Skandinavienkai in Travemünde in an innovation partnership/partnering.
- Advising OHB System AG in the European Commission’s procurement procedure for the delivery of satellites for the European Galileo system, representation in a lawsuit before the European Court of Justice against the award decision.
GvW Graf von Westphalen
GvW Graf von Westphalen's 'technically very strong team' around Bettina Meyer-Hofmann is increasingly active for contracting authorities and has expertise in the health sector, among others; the group assists hospitals with procurement issues related to the Hospital Future Act and with matters pertaining to digitisation in the healthcare sector. Award procedures in the IT and transport sectors represent further mainstays. The expertise in public-private partnerships and its cross-office and cross-practice cooperation is also particularly noteworthy. Ingrid Reichling has 'excellent practical experience' and advises on IT, research, defence and aviation procurement.
‘Well coordinated, the partner is always easy to reach and everyone is informed, very good know-how in public procurement law, even in ‘off-the-beaten-track’ projects.’
‘Ms. Meyer-Hofmann and Ms. Sürmann. Easily accessible, top advice, friendly and open to input, finding solutions together, good ideas even for more remote projects.’
‘A technically very strong team that can handle complex issues in full and communicate them easily.’
‘Miss Dr. Reichling works very conscientiously and has excellent practical experience from which customers can benefit.’
‘Dr Reichling: Perfect support in procurement procedures and very high technical expertise.’
‘Motivated and always prompt.’
Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Unterricht und Kultus
Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wissenschaft und Kunst
Caritasverband der Erzdiözese München und Freising e. V.
Das Deutsche Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e. V. (DLR)
DRK-Rettungs- und Transportdienste Hildesheim/Hannover gGmbH
Institut für Qualität und Wirtschaftlichkeit im Gesundheitswesen (IQWiG)
Max-Planck-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Wissenschaften e.V.
Land Nordrhein-Westfalen (Polizeipräsidium Münster, Polizeipräsidium Dortmund, Polizeipräsidium Siegen, Ministerium für Wirtschaft MWIDE, Umweltministerium)
ZTG Zentrum für Telematik und Telemedizin GmbH
Uwe-Carsten Völlink has extensive experience in national and EU-wide procurement proceedings and heads Heussen Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH's procurement law practice from Munich. The team assists both bidders and contracting authorities with a focus on the defence industry, but also advises on service procurement, high-volume construction tenders and IT procurement; here, the group's cross-practice cooperation on matters touching on antitrust, energy as well as IT contract law is particularly notable. Due to their excellent network in Munich, the team is also often involved in large projects that shape the cityscape. Norbert Huber primarily advises on construction contracts and assists numerous municipalities and communities with public tenders.
ESG Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH
Freistaat Bayern – Wirtschaftsministerium
Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co. KG
MBDA Deutschland GmbH
Helmholtz Zentrum München
Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften München
Gasteig München GmbH
Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Kärcher Futuretech GmbH
MAN Truck & Bus Deutschland GmbH
U-Bahn Martinsried Projektmanagement GmbH
AKDB Anstalt für Kommunale Datenverarbeitung AöR
DLR Gesellschaft für Raumfahrtanwendungen mbH
Erste Abwicklungsanstalt AöR
- Advice on public procurement law and representation of Airbus Defense and Space GmbH in the Galileo satellite project.
- Advice and representation of Gasteig GmbH in the overall project for the general renovation of the Munich Gasteig and the interim quarter of the Munich Philharmonic.
- Advising the Goethe-Institut eV on the Europe-wide tender for an online proctering solution (tool for conducting online exams).
Oppenländer Rechtsanwälte's public procurement team 'acts with foresight and always pays attention to respectful, open communication'. The practice is particularly renowned for its advice in the healthcare sector and also frequently assists with complex procedural procurement law matters as well as with regional and public transport awards; further expertise exists with regards to broadband cable tenders. Practice head Matthias Ulshöfer, who is based in Stuttgart, successfully achieved numerous fundamental decisions in health procurement proceedings and impresses with his 'expertise and appearance'.
‘We have been working with the Oppenländer law firm for many years. We experience the Oppenländer law firm as exceptionally competent in all legal issues relating to local public transport in the bus, tram, light rail and railway sectors. We have received excellent advice on all relevant national and European legal provisions, in particular on public procurement law and mobility law.’
‘The Oppenländer law firm always works in a solution-oriented manner and provides its clients with outstanding and permanently sustainable work. ‘
‘The team at the Oppenländer law firm is always extremely professional, acts with foresight and always pays attention to respectful, open communication, in which all relevant aspects of a process are examined. In addition, accessibility is exemplary.’
‘Our lawyer Dr. Ulshöfer is a reliable point of reference that you can always fully rely on. In difficult negotiations, he can ‘get hands on’ and build up the necessary pressure that certain rounds of negotiations require. In addition to his always exemplary preparation of an appointment, we always feel well and honestly advised.’
‘Matthias Ulshöfer can also face considerations and thought constructs with the necessary foresight. We value his expertise and demeanor very much. Miss Dr. With her calm demeanor and clear manner of expression, Jürschik knows how to set the necessary impulses in the right place to further deepen and sharpen topics. We also value her understanding communication and expertise.’
‘Equally perfect expertise in national and European public procurement law.’
‘Miss Dr. Jürschik prepares excellent evaluations that result in solutions that can be used in the best possible way.’
‘The law firm Oppenländer advised us on complex issues of public procurement/antitrust law. The report provided for this is well-founded and has answered all the questions raised in detail and in a comprehensible manner. Afterwards, further questions were answered, concrete solutions were shown, support was provided in the creation of a strategy and we were accompanied in negotiations with our cooperation partner.’
‘The first contact person at Oppenländer, Dr. Ulshöfer gave us competent support at all times. His first verbal assessment already partially anticipated the result of the subsequent expert examination. Dr. Ulshöfer has important practical experience in this area of law, both in the legally secure design of selection procedures and in the forensic area.’
Accord Healthcare Ltd. (UK)
Accord Healthcare GmbH
Bremer Straßenbahn AG
Connect Com GmbH, Connect Com AG (Schweiz)
DZR Deutsches Zahnärztliches Rechenzentrum GmbH
Geistdörfer GmbH& Co. KG
Hirschburger Frischdienst GmbH
Jenapharm (Konzerngesellschaft Bayer)
La Cantina (Caterer), Eningen
Max Jenne Arzneimittel-Großhandlung KG
Ministerium für Wirtschaft, Arbeit und Wohnungsbau BW
Müller Omnibusverkehr GmbH& Co. KG
Optica Abrechnungszentrum Dr. Güldener GmbH
Safetec IT Systeme Vertriebs mbH
Stadt Leipzig und ihr Verkehrsunternehmen LVB unter Federführung der bbvl
Th. Geyer GmbH& Co. KG (führendes Handelsunternehmen für Laborbedarf und Ingredients, Aromen und Duftstoffe)
traffiQ Lokale Nahverkehrsgesellschaft Frankfurt am Main mbH
Urgo GmbH (Verbandsmittelhersteller, französicher Urgo Konzern)
- Successful representation of Connect Com AG in the EU Commission’s anti-dumping and anti-subsidy proceedings against the import of fiber optic cables from China, initiated by the association of European cable manufacturers, who no longer get a chance in tenders. Comprehensive advice on the consequences of current and future broadband cable tenders.
- Successful legal representation of Müller Reisen GmbH & Co. KG before the Baden-Württemberg Public Procurement Chamber and the Higher Regional Court of Karlsuhe with fundamental questions on urgent public procurement.
- Advice on public procurement law to Optica (Dr. Güldener Group) on the tender for Gematik to set up the e-prescription structure in Germany.
Redeker Sellner Dahs
Redeker Sellner Dahs' wide-ranging practice advises the public sector at federal, state and municipal level as well as numerous companies on procurement in the IT, construction, service and health sectors, among others; as part of the firm's internal administrative digitisation group, the team is increasingly active in the latter area. The cooperation with colleagues from other practices such as state aid, IT and corporate law is also noteworthy. Heike Glahs is a renowned public procurement lawyer and is based in Bonn, just like Matthias Ganske. Thomas Stickler is a key contact n Leipzig, as is Olaf Reidt in Berlin.
Allen & Overy LLP
‘High professional competence, solution-oriented, constructively critical.’
‘Dr Udo Olgemöller: High professional competence, creative and solution-oriented, modesty, constructively critical. Always available, even at inopportune times.’
‘The A&O team is characterized by a wide range of specialist knowledge, but also comprehensive competence in detailed questions. Clients are not simply looked after, but actively supported and represented with great commitment. Well-founded results with short reaction times at all times.’
‘Dr. Udo Olgemöller convinces with excellent professional competence and high customer orientation. He is always ‘on topic’ and thinks strategically in the interests of the client. He is characterized by a high level of solution orientation and thinking outside the box.’
avocado Rechtsanwälte's 'client-oriented way of working' is particularly evident in procurement matters related to disposal, IT, planning and construction, while the team recently also increasingly assisted with defence, electricity and gas procurement as well as matters in the health sector. The Cologne-based Markus Figgen and Rebecca Schäffer, who both increasingly advise on the expiration and continuation of existing public-private partnerships, jointly head the practice. The team also assists with award review procedures in the waste disposal sector. Klaus Greb left the firm in January 2022 to co-found a procurement law boutique.
Other key lawyers:
‘Open and humorous manner. In particular, understandable and comprehensive evaluation and advice. Relationship at eye level – very respectful with simultaneous “relaxed” partnership. In comparison, other law firms appear overloaded, rather cumbersome and less open.’
‘All individuals are characterized by a very fast response time. That goes right into the holidays. Outstanding!!! In addition, clear answers – even going beyond the horizon. In other words, beyond the legal assessment. This is only possible because of the extensive background knowledge – here: long-term cooperation.’
‘Mrs. dr Schäffer: High commitment and availability, very quick results. Procurement law team in Cologne very pleasant.’
‘Very good accessibility and availability, always found extremely good solutions, acts at eye level.’
‘Advice at eye level, with good knowledge of obstacles to success in projects and problem-solving skills for these, very good skills in “picking up and catching” the internal project group in the context of the project and the preparation and implementation of the award procedure.’
‘Very customer-oriented way of working, quick understanding of special problems, results are suitable for implementation.’
‘Markus Figgen has extremely deep specialist knowledge and industry knowledge, speaks a clear language that is easy to understand even for non-lawyers .’
‘Dr. Rebecca Schäffer works quickly and effectively, the solutions developed correspond to practical needs.’
AVG Abfallentsorgungs- und verwertungsgesellschaft Köln mbH
AWB Köln GmbH
BDE Bundesverband der deutschen Entsorgungswirtschaft e.V.
BLUES Bay. Logistik Umwelt & Entsorgungs Systeme GmbH
Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels Landesverband Berlin-Brandenburg e.V.
Deutsche Film- und Fernsehakademie Berlin GmbH (DFFB)
Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik (DIBT)
DEvAL – Deutsches Evaluierungsinstitut der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
EW Medien & Kongresse GmbH
familie redlich AG
Gas- und Wärmeinstitut Essen e. V.
GMVA Gemeinschafts-Müll-Verbrennungsan-lage Niederrhein GmbH
Health Care Systems GmbH
Hessenwasser GmbH & Co. KG
Hochschule für Musik und darstellende Kunst Frankfurt am Main
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Innotec Abfallmanagement GmbH
Institut für Qualität und Wirtschaftlichkeit im Gesundheitswesen (IQWiG)
Kliniken im Naturpark Altmühltal
Kulturstiftung des Bundes
Kurverwaltung der Insel Poel
REMONDIS GmbH & Co. KG, Region Nord
REMONDIS GmbH & Co. KG Rheinland
S+P Engineering GmbH
Schönmackers Umweltdienste GmbH & Co. KG sowie deren Tochterunternehmen
Stadtbetrieb Frechen GmbH
Stiftung Deutsche Kinemathek
World Health Summit Foundation GmbH
- Advising REMONDIS GmbH & Co. KG, North Region, on public procurement, corporate, municipal constitution, waste, commercial rental space, IT, data protection and employment law on its participation in a complex negotiation process for the establishment of a PPP company.
- Advising several cities, PPPs and private shareholders of such PPPs on public procurement, contract, municipal, fee, price and waste law in connection with the possible end of existing PPP models for the areas of waste disposal and (partial) street cleaning; Advice in connection with the continuation of the cooperation or reorganization in this area.
- Comprehensive public procurement, contract and IT law advice to the Federal Bar Association regarding the system of special electronic lawyer mailboxes (beA).
Clifford Chance focuses its procurement practice on the healthcare sector, where its advises drug manufacturers as well as on matters pertaining to medical devices and medtech. The group further focuses on infrastructure PPP procurement, in which context it often cooperates with the firm's project financing team, and also increasingly assisted with procurement aspects of transactions in the public sector. Frankfurt-based counsel Steffen Amelung primarily acts in the healthcare sector, but is also singled out for his expertise 'in awarding electricity concessions' and for his 'excellent knowledge of municipal law'.
‘High competence in procurement law issues, always available by phone or e-mail with prompt replies, convincing and generally understandable presentation of complex legal issues for city councillors, magistrates and the employees of the municipal procurement office, who have little or no knowledge of procurement procedures, especially electricity concessions. In addition, excellent litigation with competent representation of the city in oral negotiations.’
‘Attorney Steffen Amelung, who is responsible for the city at the law firm Clifford Chance, is characterized by a high level of competence in public procurement law, particularly in the awarding of electricity concessions. He also shows a lot of understanding for the needs of his clientele from the city for comprehensible representations of complex legal issues. He also showed excellent knowledge of municipal law – HGO – in cooperation with the municipal committees and the awarding authority.’
The FPS team has a 'deep understanding of EU subsidy conditions' and is increasingly active for contracting authorities, with Frankfurt Airport as well as the Federal Republic of Germany's finance agency as a recent arrival being among its clients. The practice's extensive procurement expertise includes relevant issues in connection with IT, construction, creative and marketing services as well as the smooth application of various legal tech tools. Annette Rosenkötter heads the practice from Frankfurt and advises clients across the entire procurement cycle, during which she always finds 'compromises and convincing solutions'.
‘The personal contact. The very fast response time. The precise research on current topics of public procurement law.’
‘I would like to mention Ms. Aline Fritz and Ms. Doctor Annette Rosenköter. Both have been supporting us in public procurement law issues for years and have carried out various procedures for us before public procurement chambers. All proceedings have ended in our favour.’
‘Strong customer orientation and deep understanding of the EU funding framework. Reliability year after year.’
‘Accessible, nice, reliable, competent, open. We thank RA Aline Fritz for the excellent work delivered.’
‘FPS has been successfully at our side in almost all of our procurement projects in the area of public bodies for almost 10 years. The competence and reliability of the specialist lawyers has more than proven itself in lawsuits. So far, we have not had to consider a single – the anyway rare – connection procedure including accompanying legal disputes from procurement procedures as lost. The commitment of the partners can be classified as very high in every respect.’
‘The team around Dr. Rosenkötter works quickly, reliably, extremely competently and uncomplicatedly. Appointments are made possible quickly and communication within the procurement law team and with customers is smooth. In technical terms, as well as in the other social, personal or methodological areas of competence, the team works excellently, is always up to date with the latest case law and also convinces with the public procurement law seminars for customers.’
‘My first contact is always the team leader, Dr. Rosenkötter, who also summarizes complex legal issues verbally and in writing in a way that is understandable and comprehensible for non-lawyers, analyzes and always finds a legally appropriate, often innovative solution for procurement law issues. In contrast to other law firms, Dr. After sufficient research in your analysis, Rosenkötter then also firmly and convinces customers as well as contracting authorities. She has a high level of social skills, can listen, finds compromises and convincing solutions.’
Accenture Dienstleistungen GmbH
Arsenal – Institut für Film und Videokunst e. V.
Bundesrepublik Deutschland Finanzagentur GmbH
Bundesrepublik Deutschland Finanzagentur GmbH
Bürgerhospital und Kinderhospítal
Darmstädter Stadtentwicklungs- GmbH & Co. KG
DOSB Deutscher Olympischer Sportbund
ESWE Versorgungs AG
FIZ Frankfurter Innovationszentrum Biotechnologie GmbH
Fraport Ausbau Süd GmbH
HA Hessen Agentur GmbH
HEAG mobiBus GmbH & Co. KG
HEAG mobilo GmbH
Interreg Rhin Supérieur – Oberrhein
KASIG Karlsruher Schieneninfrastruktur-Gesellschaft mbH
Mainzer Stadtwerke AG
MEDSTAT (Europe) S.A. Luxemburg
MEDSTAT (Europe) S.A. Luxemburg
Pro Arbeit – Kreis Offenbach
saaris saarland.innovation&standort e.V.
Stadtwerke Gießen AG
SV Darmstadt 1989 e.V.
Wietmarscher Ambulanz- und Sonderfahrzeug GmbH
Wirtschafts- und Infrastrukturbank des Landes Hessen (WI – Bank)
- Advising saarland.innovation&standort eV (saaris eV) on the award of creative and marketing services.
- Advising the Federal Republic of Germany Finanzagentur GmbH on the tender for the pool of consultants for the implementation of the stabilization measures of the Economic Stabilization Fund (WSF).
- Advising the city-owned Sport Stadion Frankfurt am Main Gesellschaft für Projektentwicklungen mbH (SSF) on the long-term letting of the Frankfurt football stadium on all real estate and public procurement law issues.
Haver & Mailänder Rechtsanwälte Partnerschaft mbB's practice advises on a variety of procurement issues, particularly in the health, public transport and cultural sectors; the group further acts at the interface between funding, especially EU funds, and public procurement law. Recently, the team saw an increase in instructions related to innovation-driven infrastructure such as broadband expansion and IT procurements, which partially resulted from pandemic challenges. Practice head Alexander Hübner draws on 'unique legal expertise and excellent industry knowledge'.
‘Dr. Hübner has unique legal knowledge and excellent knowledge of the industry in procurement law, so that he can always familiarize himself with new issues very well. He provides very practical and implementable proposals at a very high legal level. He has both client and contractor experience.’
- Representing a federal state in all claims for damages against manufacturers of Covid-19 PPE (personal protective equipment), in particular FFP2 masks, disinfection devices, protective suits, as well as advice on public procurement law for urgent contracts.
- Advice on public procurement law to a federal state on the tender for an innovation cluster agency.
- Representing a city in southern Germany in a claim by the DB Group for damages against the city in the amount of more than €170 million due to track and station renovation.
Hogan Lovells International LLP
Hogan Lovells International LLP impresses with comprehensive advice on complex proceedings in the regulated industries, life sciences, energy and defence sectors and 'broad and deep knowledge of municipal law'. Hamburg-based practice head Marc Schweda assists with complex procurement issues, especially in the energy and life sciences sectors, and Thomas Dünchheim stands out for his 'great experience and strong commitment'. Public law expert Carsten Bringmann joined Noerr in January 2022 as a salary partner.
Other key lawyers:
‘Broad and deep knowledge of municipal law.’
‘Professor Dr. As a former mayor, Thomas Dünchheim is an excellent expert on municipal law at the interfaces to municipal commercial law and other public law.’
‘Quality a rounded picture. Fast, accessible and solution-oriented.’
‘Prof. Dünchheim: Great experience and great commitment.’
‘Prof. dr Thomas Dünchheim has a very high level of responsiveness and availability, and in a very short time he puts out the essential procurement law issues of a matter in a practice-oriented manner, so that the results are consistently implementable and target-oriented.’
Autobahn Tank & Rast GmbH
Ministerium für Inneres, ländliche Räume, Integration und Gleichstellung des Landes Schleswig-Holstein
Westdeutsche Spielbanken GmbH & Co. KG
Hessisches Ministerium des Innern und für Sport
aov IT Services GmbH
Hamburger Verkehrsanlagen GmbH
Stadtwerke Velbert GmBH
Enwor – Energie & Wasser VOR ORT GmbH
- Advising NRW.BANK on public procurement law, budget law and state economic law, including contentious ones, in the Europe-wide tender for the shares in WestSpiel GmbH, which is to be privatized.
- Comprehensive advice to Autobahn Tank & Rast GmbH on the development of fast charging infrastructure for electric vehicles on German autobahns, including negotiations with the BMVI, NOW GmbH and Autobahn GmbH.
- Advising Lürssen on the tender for several major orders from the Ministry of Defense in the naval shipping sector and the resulting merger of the naval division with the Kiel shipyard German Naval Yards on all legal issues relating to public procurement law, antitrust law, corporate law and M&A.
K&L Gates LLP's practice comprehensively advises bidders, contractors and public contracting authorities on procurement issues. The team has particular strengths in regional and public transport projects, including the procurement of innovative energy supply infrastructure for a public transport operator. The team also assists with infrastructure projects, which are occasionally structured via public-private partnerships, as well as with procurement in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors. Practice head Annette Mutschler-Siebert is a renowned public procurement lawyer and is supported by counsel Marion Baumann.
Other key lawyers:
Telio Communications GmbH
Alliander Stadtlicht GmbH
ALIUD PHARMA GmbH / Stada
Rock Rail Holdings Ltd
Berliner Wasserbetriebe AöR
- Advice on public procurement, grant and tax law to a group of central federal cultural institutions on the possibility and framework of a public-public partnership and the public-private partnership agreement.
- Advising Rock Rail Ltd. in connection with various public tenders, including for the railway network North-East Brandenburg and Heidekrautbahn and the proposed financing of new battery and hydrogen trains.
- Advice on public procurement law and support for In-der-City-Bus GmbH Frankfurt in procurement projects, in particular with regard to the structuring of competitive procurements of innovative and sustainable solutions.
KPMG Law in Germany increasingly advises federal offices and authorities, transport companies, airports, housing associations, cities and state ministries on procurement issues, particularly in the IT, construction and real estate sectors. The Berlin-based Moritz Püstow heads the public commercial law practice and has longstanding experience in procurement issues related to infrastructure projects. Henrik-Christian Baumann assists with IT and construction contracts and often acts on behalf of contracting authorities.
‘Expert knowledge, wealth of experience, knowledge of sector procurement law, ability to understand the legal framework, opportunities, etc. also for the non-legal clients of the in-house colleagues.’
‘Solution-oriented and not problem-oriented, very pleasant to deal with (no arrogance or aloofness) – also with non-legal clients of the in-house colleagues, availability and flexibility in terms of time and place, understanding of the client’s operational processes (e.g. ‘coordination rounds ‘ and requirement for internal decisions).’
‘The questions to be solved were analyzed together as a team and marginal issues were also included in the solution.’
‘Very committed, quickly familiarized with the issues and the complexity of a political group, very understandable in the formulations and communication even for non-legal colleagues.’
- Advice on IT procurement law and IT contract law to the Berlin-Brandenburg Statistical Office in the preparation and implementation of a negotiation procedure for the award of IT services, including agile software development services in preparation for the relaunch of the client’s website.
- Advising Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG) AöR on public procurement and construction contract law for the construction of the Adlershof tram depot. This includes advice on the preparation and implementation of various award procedures as well as on the implementation of the contract for the realization of the project in a partnership model with early integration of the building into the planning.
- Ongoing legal advice and representation of Deutsche Bahn AG (and group companies) in the area of public procurement law.
Lexton Rechtsanwälte's team primarily represents and advises contracting authorities but also companies on the entire range of procurement matters and impresses with 'high commitment, high competence and market knowledge'. In addition to the preparation and implementation of award procedures, the group's expertise also includes representation in review proceedings. The practice's industry focus primarily lies on the health and hospital sectors, but it is also active in procurement matters in the transport and construction industries. The 'very experienced, pragmatic and solution-oriented' Peter Michael Probst leads the practice and Fabian Winters is considered a 'great strategist'.
Other key lawyers:
‘Great cooperation, smooth processes, adherence to deadlines, great availability.’
‘Mr. Winters is very technically versed, super structured and a great strategist. In addition, he has a very determined and pleasant demeanor. Both for the customer and for the opponent. His discussions are extremely well-founded. Mr. Winters is available almost around the clock. You couldn’t ask for a better cooperation.’
‘The law firm is always very easy to reach and the price is reasonable despite the best specialist and practical knowledge. No unnecessary checks are carried out, instead legal advice is provided competently. When it comes to procurement law issues, there is no way around this law firm.’
‘The procurement law duo RA Probst/RA Winters not only shines with their specialist and practical knowledge, but also with their speed and friendliness. Both gentlemen can see through the facts quickly and always work in a goal-oriented manner. In comparison to other economically oriented law firms, only the costs that are actually necessary are charged here. In addition, both gentlemen have a good sense of humor, which makes working together very pleasant.’
‘Professional excellence combined with strong – even regionally distinctive – industry knowledge, quick response and a very practice-oriented consulting approach, it doesn’t get any better!’
‘The team works extremely promptly and competently. The recommendations are catchy and practical, precise and to the point.’
‘With the individual contact persons, you always have the feeling that you are in good hands and that you are understood. So I don’t want to single out anyone in particular, just praise Mr. Probst because he is well informed about all the issues that concern his team.’
‘Peter Probst: Outstanding specialist knowledge, very experienced, pragmatic, solution-oriented, very good advice.’
Stadler Deutschland GmbH
Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Vivantes – Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH
KRH Klinikum Region Hannover
- Representation of the Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin (health) in a review procedure regarding the cooperation with the State Criminal Police Office (LKA) in the context of criminal prosecution in connection with the implementation of DNA analyzes to convict criminals.
- Successful representation of a company from the construction and planning sector in a review procedure in relation to a large urban development project.
- Successful advice to Stadler Deutschland GmbH in the award procedure/review procedure for 1500 subway trains of the Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG) and securing the order for the client against the competitor Alstom.
Müller-Wrede & Partner Rechtsanwälte
Malte Müller-Wrede, who draws on a wide range of experience in advising decision-makers as well as on forensic level, and Verena Poschmann, who focuses on the design of complex procurement procedures, jointly head the procurement law practice of Berlin boutique Müller-Wrede & Partner Rechtsanwälte. The practice focuses on assisting the public sector and advises federal ministries, public transport companies and municipal administrative bodies, with particular strengths in review proceedings. Melanie Plauth made a partner in 2021, while Gunnar Conrad left the firm in March 2021 for an in-house position at Gematik.
Bundesministerium für Gesundheit
Bundesministerium für Finanzen
Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales
Bundesministerium des Innern
Verkehrsverbund in Baden Württemberg
- The Federal Ministry of Health continues to be advised on the implementation of numerous procurement procedures or used as an outsourced procurement office. This related, for example, to the tender for an operational management contract regarding the procurement of medical protective equipment and several EU-wide tenders for storage and logistics services as well as for an information hotline. In addition, an IT contract was prepared for the client.
- Comprehensive supervision of the major construction project for the renovation and modernization of the Komische Oper for the Senate Department for Urban Development and Housing.
The Berlin-based Bettina Tugendreich heads Raue's procurement team, which offers 'optimal support throughout the procurement process right up until the award' and represents and advises both contracting authorities and bidders. The group focuses on the energy sector, where the team advises on issues and procedures relating to gas or electricity concessions among other matters, as well as on planning services and procurement in the health and cultural sectors. Particularly notable is also its representation of the state of Berlin in connection with the awarding of contracts related to the redesign of defunct Berlin-Tegel airport. Wolfram Hertel enables 'very pleasant cooperation'.
‘Very well coordinated team. Precise analyzes and very quick answers, even to complex questions. Excellent contract analysis and risk assessment. Optimum support throughout the awarding process right up to the award. Professional handling of interactions with the contracting authorities (Q&A, transmission of documents).’
‘Bettina Tugendreich’s team advises us on the tenders as part of our large construction project. The experienced practice is broadly positioned and has accompanied us very well – especially in a very complicated legal dispute. We are very satisfied.’
‘Dr. Bettina Tugendreich: She is an experienced public procurement lawyer with a high level of expertise and clear recommendations. Always keeps a cool head, even in difficult process situations. Maxim Horvath: Very pleasant lawyer, responds quickly to our inquiries .’
‘The Raue law firm always convinces with excellent work results, at the highest level. Interdisciplinary and cross-legal cooperation within the law firm, very broad, in-depth specialist knowledge in various legal areas ensure that advice is always of the highest quality, even on highly complex matters, and – if appropriate – also contains new and very innovative solutions.’
‘Miss Dr. Bettina Tugendreich (partner) has outstanding expertise in the field of public law, particularly in the area of public procurement law and related areas of law. An ideal consultant who works out the best possible solution even for highly complex and particularly difficult matters. The cooperation with Mrs. Dr. Virtuous is always very pleasant.’
‘Mr. Maxim Horvath (Associate) convinces with very well-founded knowledge in the areas of public law and public procurement law. Highest precision, astute conclusions and diplomatic negotiation skills characterize Mr. Horvath. Very pleasant cooperation.’
‘Dr. Wolfram Hertel is a proven specialist in the field of public law. Very pleasant cooperation. ‘
Taylor Wessing's practice around Michael Brüggemann in Düsseldorf covers a wide range of procurement issues, with the group being particularly often instructed by federal ministries and companies in the armaments industry to advise on procurement in the defence and security sector; notably, the team assists with the federal government's IT consolidation. The practice also assists state ministries and transport and telecommunications sector players with infrastructure procurement, and is further present in the health sector where its advises pharmaceutical companies on pandemic-related procurement. Further expertise exists in EU's self-awarding law. Marco Hartmann-Rüppel heads the competition, EU and trade practice from Hamburg.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is characterized by a high level of professional competence, fast response times and practice-oriented solutions.’
‘The collaboration was just great! We felt we were in good hands, advised and looked after at all times. The results were accordingly extremely good! The cooperation was uncomplicated (as far as the topics allowed), reactions were always extremely quick and courteous.’
‘Especially Dr. Brüggemann was always available for us and dealt with our concerns promptly and flawlessly. Everything perfect!’
‘Very competent, very reliable, very flexible, very responsive.’
Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG) AöR
BP Europa SE
Bundesministerium der Verteidigung
Bundesministerium des Inneren (BMI)
Bundesverband Gesundheits-IT (bvitg e. V.)
China Railway Rolling Stock Corporation
Compagnie de Saint-Gobain
Dell GmbH. Main Airport Center
Deutsches Anwaltsinstitut e.V.
Die Developer Projektentwicklung GmbH
DS Produkte GmbH
EMSA – European Maritime Safety Agency
Enterprise Autovermietung Deutschland B.V + Co. KG
Flughafen Düsseldorf GmbH Rechtsabteilung
Hamburg Port Authority
Heidekreis Klinikum (Soltau und Walsrode)
Huber Automotive AG
Israelitisches Krankenhaus Hamburg
KfW – Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau
Klinikum Hann. Münden GmbH
Land Niedersachen (Niedersächsische Landesbehörde für Straßenbau und Verkehr)
Lidl Dienstleistung GmbH & Co. KG
Matachana Deutschland GmbH
Schwarz Gruppe (Kaufland / Lidl)
thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions AG
thyssenkrupp Marine Systems GmbH
Vestas Offshore Wind A/S
Wirtschaftsförderung Land Brandenburg GmbH
- Comprehensive and cross-practice advice to the Federal Ministry of Defense on the federal government’s 25.1% stake in Hensoldt AG. In addition to supporting the transaction with regard to the EU Commission under state aid law, compliance testing under public procurement law as part of a due diligence of Hensoldt AG as an important supplier to various armies and public clients.
- Advising the European Maritime Safety Agency on EU law, including public procurement law when setting up a communication network for national maritime and port authorities.
- Comprehensive and cross-practice advice to Telefónica, including on public procurement law in connection with the expansion of the fiber optic network in around 6,000 communities in Germany.
BBG und Partner
The team at BBG und Partner 'acts with great care, is very structured and committed' and continues to demonstrate a clear strength in advising on transport projects, while also being adept at assisting with procurement matters related to telecommunications and IT services, broadband expansion, healthcare and network concessions. The Bremen-based trio Niels Griem, Malte Linnemeyer and Gerrit Landsberg jointly head the team. Johannes Mosters is well versed in construction procurement law.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is very competent, experienced and responds to the needs of the clients.’
‘Dr. Niels Griem, very quick reaction, precise work and extremely efficient.’
‘The team works with great care, in a very structured and committed manner, in order to implement the client’s goals. The extensive experience in this specialist area is an advantage in order to be able to assess which regulations have proven themselves in practice. This also goes hand in hand with a good understanding of traffic planning and vehicle technology aspects.’
‘Dr. Niels Griem: A wealth of experience, a confident negotiator, a balancing, moderating demeanor, a good broker of procurement concepts, also in the political sphere, profound specialist knowledge.’
‘The approach and attitude of the practice is unique: On the one hand, there is a well-founded representation of interests, but on the other hand, the overall project, the economic context and the situation of opponents or the client’s contractual partners are not lost sight of.’
AfW Wassertechnologie GmbH & Co. KG
BEAN mbH & Co. KG Bremerhavener Entwicklungsgesellschaft Alter/Neuer Hafen
BIS Bremerhavener Gesellschaft für Investitionsförderung und Stadtentwicklung mbH
C.D. Schmidt Aqua-Technik GmbH & Co. KG
EWE NETZ GmbH
FHB Freie Hansestadt Bremen Die Senatorin für Klimaschutz, Umwelt, Mobilität, Stadtentwicklung, Wohnungsbau – Abteilung Bau/Stadtentwicklung
Fruchthaus Hulsberg Bremen
HEAG mobilo GmbH
Landesanstalt für Altlastenfreistellung des Landes Sachsen-Anhalt
Landkreis Neustadt/Aisch-Bad Windsberg
MDSE Mitteldeutsche Sanierungs- und Entsorgungsgesellschaft mbH
Regionalverkehr Köln GmbH
Rhein-Main-Verkehrsverbund GmbH (RMV)
Stadt Euskirchen und Stadtverkehr Euskirchen
Stadtwerke Wismar GmbH
VBB Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH
VMV – Verkehrsgesellschaft Mecklenburg-Vorpommern mbH
Zweckverband ÖPNV im Ammertal
- Various consultations on public procurement law for the Bavarian Railway Company in procedures for awarding contracts for regional rail transport services.
- Implementation of an award procedure for LNVG Landesnahverkehrsgesellschaft Hannover in the SPNV.
- Advice on public procurement law for the Zweckverband Verkehrsverbund Bremen/Niedersachsen (ZVBN) in the tender for the services of a station office.
DLA Piper's procurement law practice around Frank Roth in Cologne is instructed by various national and international companies and focuses on the IT sector; here, it recently also advised on matters relevant to pandemic-related developments such as its advice to SAP on the Corona-Warn-App. The practice also shows strengths in transport sector procurement and can further draw on its dual expertise in procurement law and dispute resolution to represent clients in claim and review proceedings. Ludger Giesberts heads the German litigation and regulatory practice, which also houses the firm's procurement team.
Other key lawyers:
BAM PPP / Kemna Bau
Cancom on line GmbH
- Advising SAP on the assignment together with T-Systems for the development and operation of the German Corona-Warn-App.
- Representation of Atos in a lawsuit against a software company after a previous procurement law review procedure because of a failed IT project of one of the largest federal authorities.
- Advising a leading global company for medical technology and pharmaceutical drugs on the consequences of emergency procurement during the peak phase of the pandemic and the resulting distortion of competition as a result of the free delivery of centrally procured devices to clinics outside of a pandemic-related need and regular procurement procedures.
Dolde Mayen & Partner
Dolde Mayen & Partner's team advises both the public sector and companies and impresses with its 'high level of competence and very stringent and result-oriented advice'. The practice has particular strengths in matters pertaining to waste management services, but also advises on contracts in the IT, construction and transport sectors; particularly notable is its advice to the public sector on an important large-scale drinking water supply project. Andrea Vetter, who draws on her expertise in waste law, jointly heads the practice with Tina Bergmann, who specialises in construction and IT services.
‘High level of competence and very stringent and result-oriented advice.’
‘Very competent, goal-oriented way of working. Very short response times.’
Zweckverband Bodensee Wasserversorgung
- Representation of a waste management association in an award review procedure regarding the award of a service contract for the recycling of organic waste.
- Advice and support for the Zweckverband Bodensee-Wasserversorgung in ten parallel Europe-wide negotiation procedures according to the SektVO for the award of planning services for the large-scale project future source water for generations.
- Advising municipalities on the award procedure for awarding the collection of the common recycling bin for the collection of plastic, metal and composite packaging and non-packaging of the same material with subsequent sorting.
Hengeler Mueller's team advice to and representation of its portfolio of national and international clients is 'always of the highest quality', while also being able to easily access state aid expertise of its adjacent practice. The group focuses on large construction, transport and defence sector projects among others. In the course of the Covid-19 pandemic, the team also assisted with an increasing number of public procurement matters related to digitisation projects. Practice head Jan Bonhage has 'top specialist know-how'.
Other key lawyers:
‘Fast, prompt, competent and friendly advice and processing.’
‘Top specialist know-how, clear statements that support the decision-making process, 100% commitment, fast response times, clear target orientation.’
‘Dr. Jan D. Bonhage: Focus on the result (= connection to the business perspective), top technical know-how, absolutely correct tonality, >100% target achievement .’
‘Fast competent answer. Very solution-oriented and always focused on profitability.’
‘Dr. Bonhage: Very competent and always good for a creative solution. Extremely good economic understanding.’
‘The Hengeler team works extremely precisely, solution-oriented, quickly and reliably, always at the highest level of quality.’
‘In my opinion, Dr. Jan Bonhage (Partner) and Simone Terbrack (Senior Associate), due to the very long and close cooperation, in which the aforementioned qualities have always been shown.’
‘Thorough, clear and practical advice – always.’
Menold Bezler supports procurement procedures from conception to contract conclusion with 'practical advice and interdisciplinary teams', while the practice focuses on assisting contracting authorities and frequently advises on complex large-scale, high-rise construction projects such as new hospitals; in addition, the group also increasingly assists with projects in the public transport and local rail transport sectors. Beatrice Fabry jointly leads the practice with Frank Meininger. In January 2021, Martin Ott, who has expertise in IT procurement, made equity partner, as did Karsten Kayser, who focuses on the infrastructure sector. Alexander Dörr made salary partner.
‘Quick and good perception, very good analytical skills, extremely solution-oriented approaches. Above-average commitment. Timely solutions.’
‘Dr. Alexander Dörr: Very quick learner, extremely solution-oriented with special, pragmatic approaches. Always all-encompassing advice with consideration of all concerns.’
‘Practice-oriented or practical advice with interdisciplinary teams.’
‘Fast, constructive and highly qualified support with many years of practical experience and knowledge of the market.’
‘The practice area is evenly staffed. Very high professional competence. Questions asked/described facts are reacted to promptly, solutions are shown. Questions of understanding or inquiries are always answered and the why and wherefore explained; ie even “non-lawyers” are treated patiently and very politely.’
‘Menold Bezler’s procurement law team works at the highest level. The team can properly address medium-sized companies and the public, finds the right tone and concentrates on the essentials, which makes the work a lot easier.’
- Legal support for the district of Waldshut on the new construction of the Hochrhein Clinic in the form of a partnering model.
- Advice on public procurement law for the transmission system operator in connection with a second-generation outsourcing (commissioning of IT operating services).
- Support for the district of Sigmaringen in the PPP project for the Bertha-Benz vocational school in Sigmaringen: conception, advice and legal process management for the Europe-wide award of planning, construction and 25-year operation of the school.
Berlin-based of counsel Olav Wagner heads Noerr's interdisciplinary procurement practice, which is known for its expertise in infrastructure and technology projects and acts on the bidder side. Awards in the transport sector have played a particularly central role in recent years, while water concessions also represent an increasingly important topic for the practice. Julian von Lucius has expertise not only in public procurement law but also in telecommunications and media law. Carsten Bringmann, previously senior associate at Hogan Lovells International LLP, joined the Düsseldorf office as salary partner in January 2022.
Oppenhoff's team advises industrial and medium-sized companies, including various foreign providers, on procurement law issues and has particular strengths in the IT and defence industries, where it benefits from its good connection to relevant industry players. The team assists with procurement aspects of complex transactions and also represents clients in negotiations with federal contracting authorities and in disputes. Recently, advice on foreign trade matters and the assistance to clients with foreign government contracts gained importance. Heiko Höfler heads the practice from Hamburg and has longstanding experience, particularly in relation to the public infrastructure, security and defence sectors.
Kühne & Nagel AG & Co. KG
Friedrich Lürssen Werft GmbH & Co. KG
Hamburg Port Authority
QSG Verkehrstechnik GmbH
- Advising QSG Verkehrstechnik GmbH, among other things, on claims for damages against the city of Cologne (OLG Köln).
PwC Legal (PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal AG Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft)
PwC Legal (PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal AG Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft)'s Gerung von Hoff in Berlin has expertise in transport infrastructure procurement and advises, on issues relating to truck tolls among other matters; he jointly heads the practice with Georg Queisner, who focuses on the security and defence sectors. Friedrich Hausmann joined GSK Stockmann in July 2020 and Andreas Ziegler left for Kunz Rechtsanwälte in March 2021.Senior manager Ilya Levin joined from Linklaters in August 2021.
Other key lawyers:
‘For me, what makes the team special is that it is managed by two extremely dedicated and capable local partners (Dr. Gerungen von Hoff and Dr. Georg Queisner), who both already have the necessary experience to manage complex legal consulting projects, but are at the same time still young and aspiring enough to demand the necessary commitment from themselves and their team to successfully accompany complex and laborious projects.’
‘Broad advice to the public sector; Strong focus on defense mandates. The team is made up of an immense range of content and, depending on the question, quickly brings in experts who develop and contribute suggestions in the project context. The problems come from a mixture of subject areas, such as public sector, defense and security, European public procurement law, IT, IPR.’
‘The individuals combine deep theoretical knowledge with practical experience. Developed (innovative) proposals are met with approval even by experienced contract lawyers and buyers.’
‘The approximately ten-strong team has a clear public procurement law characterization, but knows how to dovetail related issues, such as subsidy and state aid law, in a target-oriented manner. In addition, the high level of industry knowledge in the public sector should be emphasized. The consultation shows that the colleagues not only know the peculiarities and working methods of public clients, but always think along with them. Another advantage is that the colleagues at PwC Legal often work in an interdisciplinary manner with the consultants of the business consulting firm and can therefore provide comprehensive support for procurement projects.’
‘In particular, I work with Dr. Queisner together. dr Queisner is clear and friendly in communication and manages to make convincing and balanced suggestions even in difficult or controversial consulting situations. He has impressive specialist knowledge and knows how to use his many years of experience in consulting to increase efficiency. He is calm about external pressure from the other side (e.g. in the form of reprimands or the threat of review proceedings). All in all, a strong and reliable partner that you like to have on your side.’
Bundesministerium für Verkehr und digitale Infrastruktur
Alfred-Wegener-Institut Helmholtz-Zentrum für Polar- und Meeresforschung
Bundesamt für Güterverkehr
Germany Trade and Invest – Gesellschaft für Außenwirtschaft
Ministerium für Finanzen Baden-Württemberg
PD – Berater der öffentlichen Hand GmbH
Digitalstadt Darmstadt GmbH
Deutsche Bahn AG
Stadtwerke Karlsruhe GmbH
European GNSS Agency (GSA)
Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Energie
AWISTA Gesellschaft für Abfallwirtschaft und Stadtreinigung mbH
- Comprehensive legal advice to the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digitization after the conclusion of the award procedure for the re-tendering of the operation of the truck toll system by repeal. Advice on the implementation of the in-house strategy for Toll Collect GmbH and on the implementation of the European legal requirements for the uniform European toll service (EEMD) in Germany.
- Advice on procurement law to the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems Agency on the structuring and conception of procurement and funding procedures for the EGNOS and Galileo programs.
- Ongoing advice on public procurement law and representation of Deutsche Bahn in review proceedings.
SKW Schwarz Rechtsanwälte's 'always very committed and very constructive' procurement law practice has expertise across all procurement matters in relation to emergency services and civil protection. René Kieselmann in Berlin heads the practice and has particularly made a name for himself with two successful ECJ cases. The team often cooperates across practices and also assists with procurement in the healthcare sector, in relation to planning and construction projects and in the IT sector.
Other key lawyers:
‘We have always experienced the law firm as very committed and very constructive. The law firm’s competence and uncomplicated way of working and communication have always helped us.’
‘In Mr. René M. Kieselmann, we got to know a likeable and highly competent lawyer who has helped us on several occasions in the meantime, always in an uncomplicated and committed manner on issues relating to procurement law.’
Landkreis-Sächsische Schweiz Osterzgebirge
IQ MEDWORKS GmbH
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Landesverband Berliner Rotes Kreuz e.V. und Tochtergesellschaft SWB gGmbH
WIRO Wohnen in Rostock Wohngesellschaft mbH
Taboule Cateringservice GmbH
DRK Kreisverband Naumburg/Nebra e.V.
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Rettungs- und Einsatzdienste Düsseldorf gGmbH
Bereichsausschuss für den Rettungsdienst im Ortenaukreis
SAVD Videodolmetschen GmbH
SGB Schutz & Sicherheit GmbH
Bayerisches Rotes Kreuz Landesverband
INFODAS Gesellschaft für Systementwicklung und Informationsverarbeitung mbH
DRK Landesverband Thüringen e.V.
WHG Wohnungsbau- und Hausverwaltungs-GmbH
NEUWOGES Neubrandenburger Wohnungsgesellschaft mbH
Abraxas, die Küche – Ausbildungsbetrieb gGmbH
TAMAJA Berlin GmbH
Luna Restaurant GmbH
DRK Kreisverband Weserbergland e.V.
Zweckverband für Rettungsdienst und Feuerwehralarmierung Saar
DRK Deutsches Rotes Kreuz e.V. Generalsekretariat
- Advising the non-profit German Red Cross (DRK) Society, which set up vaccination centers at six locations in Berlin within a very short period of time and provides extensive medical (including in cooperation with the Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians) and other services there.
- Support for the district of Oberspreewald-Lausitz in the tender for rescue services/civil protection.
- Advice on public procurement law to the Vogtland district on the award of technical consulting services for further broadband expansion.
Watson Farley & Williams LLP's practice extensively advises clients on infrastructure and digitisation projects with a focus on the health, telecommunications and transport sectors. Munich-based practice head Felix Siebler 'is characterized by a high level of expertise and great commitment' and focuses on infrastructure and digitisation. With the addition of senior associate Verena Sauer from PwC Legal (PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal AG Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft) in October 2020, clients can now also access procurement expertise at the firm's Hamburg office.
Other key lawyers:
‘The cooperation is above all uncomplicated and can be practiced at any time, if required, completely independently of normal office hours. Furthermore, the law firm meticulously familiarizes itself with the respective subject-specific details. The personal approach of the law firm is always very customer-oriented and courteous.’
‘Dr. Felix Siebler advises us in particular on tender law and is characterized by a high level of expertise and great commitment. He is also willing to deal with the facts of the case and to check whether it makes sense before issuing a mandate .’
DeRZ Deutsche Rechenzentren GmbH
Elektrizitätswerke Zürich (EWZ)
HJS Emission Technology GmbH & Co. KG
Klinikum Landkreis Erding
Gemeinde Pullach i. Isartal
Krankenhaus St. Josef Schweinfurt
Laber-Naab Infrastruktur GmbH
LANCOM Systems GmbH
München Klinik gGmbH, GRN Gesundheitszentren Rhein-Neckar gGmbH und Kliniken im Naturpark Altmühltal GmbH
Kreisklinik Wörth a.d. Donau
Kliniken Nordoberpfalz AG
Niedersächsische Landesbehörde für Straßenbau und Verkehr bzw. seit 1.1.2021 Die Autobahn GmbH des Bundes
PTC Telecom GmbH
Kliniken der Kreisspitalstiftung Weißenhorn
Jonas Better Place GmbH
Klinikum St. Marien Amberg
- Advising the Lower Saxony state authority for road construction and traffic and, since January 1, 2021, the Autobahn GmbH des Bundes on the Europe-wide tender for a functional construction contract for the A1 federal autobahn in the section from AS Lohne/Dinklage to AS Bramsche.
- Advice to the St. Josef Schweinfurt hospital on the Europe-wide tender for general planning services.
- Advising Laber-Naab Infrastructure GmbH on the establishment of a municipal infrastructure company with 48 public shareholders in the districts of Neumarkt id Oberpfalz and Regensburg for the development and expansion of telecommunications infrastructure with task transfer by way of so-called in-house award and tendering of various framework agreements.