Headed by Marc Gabriel, Baker McKenzie's procurement team is one of the first addresses in this field. Clients, which include both contracting authorities as well as bidders, are advised on procurement matters and litigious proceedings. The team frequently acts in high-profile matters in the healthcare and pharma sectors, thus advising pharmaceutical umbrella organisations and political institutions with regards to sector-specifically highly relevant legislative provisions. The group also focuses on the arms, infrastructure and defence sectors. The practice is continuously increasing its local visibility in Berlin and Northern Germany by advising significant public contracting authorities and also develops own tools in conjunction with its legal tech team to assist clients quicker and cheaper with procurement issues. A key figure of the practice is Susanne Mertens, who particularly advises in the infrastructure, IT and transport systems sectors and in relation to urban development projects.
Public procurement in Germany
- Hexal AG (and other international pharmaceutical companies): Support on questions about drug discount contracts, delivery failures and post-tender litigation; In particular, defense against various lawsuits from statutory health insurers before various courts; the amounts in dispute total several million euros.
- Various state institutions in the state of Berlin (including Berliner Immobilienmanagement GmbH): Procurement law advice and support in the 'Tempohomes' projects, the renovation of the 'House of Statistics' and various conceptual processes for the urban development of state-owned land for alternative and social use.
- Contracting authority: Legal support and advice to all hospitals and hospital pharmacies of the Bundeswehr or the Bundeswehr Medical Service, especially to support the preparation of procurement procedures.
The procurement team at Bird & Bird LLP around the Düsseldorf-based Jan Byok continuous to offer a broad practice and mainly handles contractual, regulatory and finance issues and litigation. The team's deep sector expertise in the IT, healthcare, security, transport and energy industries is of great benefit, as well as the possibility for cross-practice cooperation. Many of the team's instructions are complex, high-profile and paramount to the respective sectors. The practice recently expanded its high-end activity by infrastructure projects and projects with high technological focus as well as by winning a notable arms company as client. In the legal tech app sphere, the firm provides public contracting authorities with an e-procurement platform which enables them to manage their procurement documents in a legally secure way. Alexander Csaki in Munich is an important key contact with expertise in the healthcare, transport, security and defence sectors.
Bedeutender Hersteller von Triebzügen für den SPNV und ÖPNV
Bedeutender IT-Dienstleister im GKV-BereichBedeutender kommunaler IT-Dienstleister
Internationaler Hersteller von Computern und Speichersystemen
Ministerium eines Bundeslandes
Referatsleitung einer süddeutschen Landeshauptstadt
Unternehmen für Computertechnologien
Unternehmen im Geschäftsfeld Anbau und Distribution von medizinischen Cannabis
- Leading software manufacturer: Advice on numerous complex IT tenders with order values in the three-digit million EUR range.
- Statutory health insurance: Support in the implementation of a complex IT procurement project.
- Medical cannabis company: Advice on tendering for the manufacture and distribution services for medical cannabis.
Jakob Steiff in Frankfurt and Christian Scherer-Leydecker in Cologne head the broad procurement practice at CMS that focuses on the IT, telecoms, defence, healthcare and infrastructure sectors among others. Particularly with regards to transport and constructions projects, the group occasionally handles large and high-volume ones. The practice can draw on longstanding cooperation with cities and municipalities, such as with the city of Frankfurt, but also advises large industrial corporations that instruct the team with procurement and review proceedings among other matters. The lawyers of the 21-strong team also exhibit their know-how in various procurement law publications.
The team around renowned expert Ute Jasper at Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek remains one of the leading practices for procurement law and focuses on procurement assistance with large infrastructure projects of the public authorities. These projects are often socially significant and large-scale; for instance, the team has been advising on the largest procurement project for tram train vehicles in Europe by eight different contracting authorities from Germany and Austria as well as on the East-West axis in Cologne which is one of the biggest German intra-urban public transport projects. The practice group also successfully assists with pilot projects and innovative procurement proceedings such as the procurement of buses for Europe's biggest electro bus project in Wiesbaden. The firm is predominantly instructed by contracting authorities, but also occasionally advises single bidders. The cooperation with other practices such as tax, state aid and antitrust is of advantage. Christopher Marx, Kirstin van de Sande and Laurence Westen made equity partner in January 2020; the team also saw several arrivals.
‘ In addition to the excellent expertise in public procurement law, the team around Dr. Isabel Langenbach talks about excellent networking and, associated with that, the almost always correct assessment of the egg in individual cases. ‘
‘ Dr. Isabel Langenbach gives competent, quick and solution-oriented advice. ‘
‘ The HKLW team accompanies us in procurement procedures with a total order value of several billion. It’s absolutely great! You feel completely in good hands. Innovative approaches to solutions are coupled with creative ideas; fast and competent advice, even beyond normal working hours, is a matter of course. Each of the awards that Ute Jasper, Christopher Marx and Laurence Westen receive with their team is highly deserved. If the team hires, you book an all-round carefree package. The team’s know-how is unbeatable and the longstanding cooperation has resulted in a trustworthy client relationship. ‘
‘ None of the proceedings that HKLW accompanied were attacked successfully – we won all review proceedings. Legal issues do not become insoluble problems. Instead, the team quickly suggests legally compliant solutions. The team has a very good feel for the political effects and constraints. Another special feature is the networked thinking between procurement, budget, subsidy and contract law. HKLW can therefore provide us with a complete solution at any time. ‘
‘The leader here is Dr. To name Ute Jasper, who has been one of the best public procurement lawyers in Germany for years. Your strength is to develop creative and at the same time legally secure solutions, even in difficult, complex procedures, which also achieve political goals. She always maintains an overview and perfectly coordinates the legal issues in order to enable further processing. ‘
‘ Dr. Christopher Marx: has the highest technical competence in the areas of public procurement and state aid law. He advises us comprehensively and pragmatically. In addition, he always keeps an eye on the overall strategy and political effects in order to enable an excellent overall result. In doing so, he dovetailed the procurement and state aid requirements with the specific design of the procedure and the contracts. ‘
‘ Dr. Laurence Westen: has excellent expertise in both public procurement law and state aid law. In all matters, he always advises us in a target-oriented manner and with the necessary foresight in order to avoid legal uncertainties as far as possible. In review proceedings, he always represents us confidently and without doubt about the legal conformity of our proceedings. We feel very good, comprehensive and always up-to-date from him. ‘
Dentons' procurement practice was strengthened by the 2019 arrival of Andreas Haak and his team from Taylor Wessing and possesses particular expertise in the healthcare, transport and security sectors as well as in IT procurement. The advice spectrum of the 'very good' and extremely active team includes the structuring and implementation of complex award procedures by the public authorities, bidder support with the participation in award procedures and judicial representation in and advice on infringement procedures before German and European courts. The team also has particular knowledge on matters pertaining to the exclusion from tenders. It further acts at the interface to compliance, for instance in issues related to self-purification. Of particular note is the firm's global outreach which is especially beneficial to clients in frequently occurring cross-border matters. Peter Braun in Frankfurt, Haak in Düsseldorf and Wolfram Krohn in Berlin jointly head the team. Christian Miercke, who has recently gained a foothold as advisor to telecoms companies, made counsel in April 2020.
Bundesministerium des Innern, für Bau und Heimat
D.S.C. Dienstleistungs-Service Center GmbH
Deutsche Bahn AG / DB Regio
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH
Deutsche Post AG, DP E-Post Solutions und DP Inhouse ServicesGmbH
Duisburger Hafen AG
EFN eifel-net Internet-Provider GmbH
Hochschule Ruhr West
IHK GfI mbH
Land Brandenburg (Landwirtschaft, Umwelt und Klimaschutz desLandes Brandenburg)
Land Brandenburg(Landessbetrieb Forst Brandenburg)
Limbach Gruppe SE
LMBV Neinlogport Ruhr GmbH
medical airport service GmbH
Optimal Systems Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH Konstanz
Private Universität Witten/Herdecke gGmbH
Prosoz Herten GmbH
RICOH Deutschland GmbH
Roche Diagnostics GmbH
Stiftung Zentrale Stelle Verpackungsregister
- International cloud service provider: Advice on procurement procedures by the federal and state governments and on fundamental and individual questions of procurement law, including questions of cloud use by the public sector in Germany (the largest European market for cloud services) and questions of protecting data against access by foreign authorities.
- German federal authority: Support in a so-called security award in the IT area with an order volume of more than one billion euros.
- Private University of Witten / Herdecke GmbH: Advice in the context of an innovative "integrated procurement procedure" (total procurement of planning, construction and operational services) with regard to the new campus building, which sets groundbreaking standards in terms of sustainable and environmentally friendly construction (order total: around EUR 22 million).
Gleiss Lutz' procurement practice around Andreas Neun focuses on the IT and healthcare sectors where the firm keeps its finger on the pulse of time and advises on digitalisation issues and new opportunities for healthcare provision, while also advising the defence and security industries on procurement matters. The team is increasingly active in compliance matters, for instance pertaining to self-purification of companies; here, the close cross-practice cooperation, such as with the compliance team, is of great benefit. In relation to the Covid-19 pandemic, the team was particularly instructed with issues related to PPE procurement, both on company side as well as by federal ministries as contracting authorities. Christiane Freytag and Marco König are important key contacts and Daniel Görlich made associated partner in June 2019.
' Good and broad know-how, well-founded analyzes and statements, practice-oriented, best cooperation and interaction between the law firm's employees, complement each other very well, good information flow. '
' Dr. Marco König: good and broad know-how, extensive experience, in-depth analyzes and statements, practice-oriented, very client-oriented, knows how to convey complex legal issues clearly, gets to the heart of the issues, actively approaches clients. '
'' All concerns are answered in the shortest possible time – depending on the scope, not always conclusively but at least with a preliminary assessment with which work can be continued. Written statements are well-founded and backed up with the latest case law and literature. The team is very practical and works target-oriented on legal solutions – even in difficult legal and political situations. '
' Dr. Andreas Neun convinces with his outstanding professional competence in combination with a very practice-oriented thinking. Due to his calm and convincing manner, he exudes absolute sovereignty even in the most difficult review procedure. '
' Very extensive experience and knowledge of practical processes. Even very short-term, competent advice and extensive orders are easily in safe hands. '
' Dr. König has unique knowledge in the cross-connection to the health care sector and also comes to problem-solving-oriented approaches. In addition to dealing with legal problems, he also knows how to create perspectives and connections that enable new options. '
AOK-Bundesverband und AOKs
Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung
Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF): Advice on procurement law to the Federal Ministry of Education and Research in connection with the cancellation of the tender for the Arctic / Antarctic research ship Polarstern II.
- Daimler AG: Advising Daimler AG on public procurement law on self-cleaning as a result of the decision of the European Commission which, among other things, imposed a record fine on Daimler for the so-called truck cartel.
- AOK Nordost and AOK Sachsen-Anhalt: Successful defense of the supply contracts for vaccines concluded for the 2018/2019 flu season with various pharmacists' associations against attacks by vaccine manufacturers on the procurement and social law channels; Success before the Federal Court of Justice regarding the question of legal recourse to be clarified in the context of a legal complaint.
Kapellmann und Partner
As a leading firm in the construction and real estate sector, Kapellmann und Partner's procurement practice around Matthias Finke and the often recommended Hendrik Röwekamp also exhibits particular expertise in construction procurement. The group supports public and private contracting authorities as well as contractors across all stages of procurement proceedings. Central pillars of its advice offering encompass construction, delivery and service procurement for traditional contracting authorities, award procedures in the utilities sector, publicly funded procurement and award proceedings in the healthcare sector. Other mainstays include assistance with award management, with service concession award proceedings and with the implementation of private-public partnerships or privatisations. Key contacts of the sizeable team are Alexander Kus, Alexander Fandrey and Marc Opitz, who made equity partner in January 2020.
' The procurement law team at Kapellmann Hamburg is characterized by eloquent and well-founded support in complex procurement procedures. Particularly noteworthy is the wealth of experience in tenders and the good practical relevance. '
' Very competent, problem-oriented, usable practically at any time. '
' The team consists of a few individuals who, however, apply their relevant know-how in a targeted and competent manner. The knowledge of all team members is different and very extensive. Due to the clear distribution of tasks within the team, solutions to the client can be worked out very quickly. '
' Mr Schüler: He has extensive specialist knowledge in the field of public procurement law and knows how to use this in a targeted manner in the relevant situations. In doing so, he can fall back on a very good wealth of experience from already completed proceedings. '
'Dr. Röwekamp: He leads the team and coordinates the internal distribution of tasks. Communication with him works very well. He too has a wealth of experience and specialist knowledge. '
'Dr. Finke: He is the specialist in the field of general contractor tenders and can contribute this special knowledge as well as suggestions for process implementation. '
Leinemann & Partner
The sizeable procurement team at Leinemann & Partner around Ralf Leinemann stands out for its expertise in construction projects. Transport infrastructure, IT award proceedings and procurement for hospitals are other important pillars of its practice. Hereby, the team covers the entire spectrum of awarding offices in Germany, ranging from companies and entities to traditional contracting authorities such as federal states and their ministries. The cooperation with one of the leading e-procurement providers is of advantage and enables the firm to advise clients on the entire implementation of award procedures, including the provision of a platform. The practice aims to increasingly appeal to foreign companies via its China desk in Frankfurt and with help of the team member's foreign language skills. Very active procurement lawyer Thomas Kirch made full equity partner in 2020 and Roman Schlagowsky made non-equity partner in 2019.
‘ Very reliable and practical advisory team. Advice always responsive and to the point, dogmatically where necessary and always with an eye on pragmatism. As a legal entity, you feel armed and really relieved with a good partner like Leinemann Partner. You can feel and experience the great experience that the entire team has over and over again. ‘
” Great experience in public procurement law with helpful, practical advice, especially from Dr. Eva Leinemann, Mr. Armin Preussler and Mr. Thomas Maibaum. The quality of the advice and the technical understanding impress again and again. ‘
‘ With Mr. Christoph Conrad, Leinemann Partner has the long-awaited competence in public law for public building law. The many years of experience and professional qualifications of our colleagues are particularly valued when it comes to questions about building planning law. ‘
Alexander Dennis Germany GmbH
Badebetriebe Frankfurt GmbH
BIEGE A1 Lohne-Bramsche
Bietergemeinschaft ViA3, ÖPP A 3 Biebelried-Fürth
dechant hoch- und ingenieurbau gmbh
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Kommunale Unfallversicherung Bayern
Landesbetrieb für Immobilienmanagement und Grundvermögen Hamburg – LIG
Staed. Klinikum Brandenburg GmbH
Unfallversicherung Bund und Bahn
- Alexander Dennis Germany GmbH: Successful advice and representation in the negotiation procedure of the Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG) for the award of a framework contract with an eight-year term for the delivery of 430 double-deck low-floor buses; Volume approx. EUR 240 million
- Bidder consortium ViA3, PPP A 3 Biebelried-Fürth: Procurement review procedures with a project volume of more than 2 billion euros; it is the largest motorway project in Germany to date.
- German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ) GmbH: Framework agreement for the implementation of numerous procedures (around 40 / year) as an “external awarding authority” in the field of development aid in all parts of the world; These are orders of more than EUR 50 million per year, and multi-layered services: engineering services, management consulting, IT contracts, general consulting.
LUTZ | ABEL RECHTSANWALTS PARTG MBB
Lutz Abel Rechtsanwalts PartG mbB's already ten specialised lawyer-strong procurement practice was further substantially strengthened by the arrival of experienced procurement lawyers Marc Röbke and Stephen Lampert from BEITEN BURKHARDT in September 2020. Röbke played a significant part in establishing the newly opened Berlin office at the beginning of 2020 while Lampert contributes to the further expansion of the procurement practice in Munich. The firm's strategic focus includes advice to the healthcare sector, particularly hospitals and hospital associations, on large-scale construction projects or delivery and services award proceedings. The team also exhibits strengths in the infrastructure and project development sphere as well as in IT, digitalisation, innovation and high-tech. The firm was also able to accumulate specific expertise in personnel leasing to the public authorities. Renowned procurement expert Mathias Mantler heads the team in a 'very pragmatic and solution-oriented' manner; Tobias Osseforth is another key contact.
' We work with Dr. Mathias Mantler, whom I perceive to be very pragmatic and solution-oriented and who convinces with great legal quality. '
' A very well-established law firm which, due to its size, can also process complex transactions quickly and effectively. Inquiries are also processed at short notice and to the greatest satisfaction. '
' Tobias Osseforth – tremendous perception (no division thinking), in principle always available, quick and more than satisfactory results; also offers solutions that go beyond measure! Enormous knowledge of public procurement law; excellent procedural support. '
' Dr. Christian Kokew – enormous knowledge of public procurement law; Very pleasant cooperation, excellent knowledge transfer, supervision of public procurement procedures at a very high level. '
' Hendrik Stamm – very pleasant collaboration, excellent knowledge transfer, support of public procurement procedures at a very high level. '
' The size of the team is unique in southern Germany, especially with complex large-scale projects in the construction sector, but also very experienced in awarding services. '
' Matthias Mantler as a practice group leader is particularly reactive and committed.Christian Kokew perceived as very solution-oriented and implementation-oriented. '
'' Dynamic and compact team with a special focus on IT procurement. '
' Attorney Tobias Osseforth is a highly respected expert in public procurement law with a special focus on IT procurement. '
' Really know exactly. Also know the smallest peculiarities and discussions in their field. Have good answers to complicated problems. '
' Mr. Osseforth in particular is an authority in his field. '
' The team around Dr. Mantler has become an indispensable partner for us and manages to process even short-term inquiries always with full commitment in our sense of legal certainty and also works very efficiently from a cost perspective. In the case of complex processes that begin with a question under public procurement law but then expand to other areas of law, the right experts from other areas are called in precisely in terms of content and timing. A profound knowledge of the current jurisprudence, also from peripheral areas, rounds off the picture. '
'Through Dr. Mantler we have learned that public procurement law does not always represent an obstacle to solving practical problems, but also opens up a lot of creative leeway with the necessary creativity when facts are precisely prepared and documented. '
' We have dealt with a lot of team members, some of whom are sure to have great careers in this area of law. Our loyal and always ready adviser of trust is and will remain Dr. Mantler himself, who is always on board as a partner in all important projects – his advice is indispensable for us in all public procurement law and many related issues. Even in the most complex projects, he is characterized by his fast and yet very precise factual analysis and always has a spontaneous – but legally secured – suggestion as to how we can continue. '
Bundesgartenschau Mannheim 2023 gGmbH
Freistaat Bayern (Konzerthaus München)
Kliniken Landkreis Heidenheim gGmbH und Stadt Heidenheim a.d. Brenz
Klinikum Memmingen AöR
Knappschaft Klinken, mit 15 angeschlossenen Kliniken u.a. Universitätsklinikum Bochum
Landeshauptstadt München – Baureferat
Landeshauptstadt München Referat für Stadtplanung und Bauordnung
Medgas Technik GmbH
Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung
Technische Universität München
TMH Trading GmbH (Steyr, Österreich)
- Technical University of Munich: Support in the conclusion of a research cooperation with SAP at the Garching location, complicated procurement law construction with ex-ante transparency announcement.
- State capital Munich: Advice on the big ideas competition for the north-east of Munich with an area of 600 hectares, which corresponds to 840 soccer fields.
- BayernFonds (Fund of the Free State of Bavaria): Advising the BayernFonds on the procurement of services for stabilization measures on the occasion of the Corona crisis.
Allen & Overy LLP
Allen & Overy LLP's procurement practice, which originally focused on the transport, energy and healthcare sectors as well as urban developments, is reorienting itself after the former head of its public law practice Olaf Otting left in November 2020. Otting founded his own firm in conjunction with former senior associate and now partner Christoph Zinger, leaving the remaining team with counsel Udo Herbert Olgemöller as practice head in a new constellation. The practice traditionally advises both public contracting authorities as well as bidders and acts in advisory as well as largely also forensic capacity in review proceedings as well as in injunction procedures before ordinary courts. Olgemöller leads advice on several matters in the public sector, such as on urban construction projects, while his expertise mirrors the practice's traditional strengths.
Deutsche Bahn AG
- A German city: Advice on procurement and contract law for a German city with regard to the expansion of the municipal leisure pool to include a thermal bath and its renovation / modernization.
- City cleaning Hamburg (SRH): Advising Stadtreinigung Hamburg (SRH) on the takeover of all shares in the Rugenberger Damm waste recycling plant (MVR). Preparation of a comprehensive expert opinion under public procurement law on the admissibility of the interim award of waste disposal services that come into play in the context of the takeover of MVR by SRH
- A German city: Procurement and contract law advice in relation to the conversion of a former barracks building, this is currently the largest conversion project in the state (currently dormant).
BEITEN BURKHARDT's procurement practice is part of the Government & Public Sector group around Frank Obermann, which advises clients across practices and offices. The team primarily assists public contracting authorities on federal and federal state level with procurement matters with a focus on advising on complex technical projects in the infrastructure, transport and particularly IT sectors. In addition, a matter concerning a large procurement project in the arms and defence sector is also of significant importance to the firm. Contracting authorities are able to use the firm as an external awarding office to handle entire award proceedings predominantly over e-platforms. Michael Brückner and Stephan Rechten are active in procurement matters.
Bombardier Transportation GmbH
Bundesministerium für Verkehr und Digitale Infrastruktur
Landesbetrieb IT Des Landes NRW (IT.NRW)
MWIDE Ministerium für Wirtschaft, Innovation, Digitalisierung und Energie des Landes NRW
TransnetBW GmbH / Amprion GmbH
Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
Industrie- und Handelskammer für München und Oberbayern
Bundesanstalt für den Digitalfunk der Behörden und Organisationen mit Sicherheitsaufgaben (BDBOS)
- Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior, for Sport and Integration: Comprehensive procurement and contract law advice to the State Ministry of the Interior in the preparation and implementation of a Europe-wide procurement procedure for the procurement of a migrant management system (project volume 5.9 million EUR) including contract law advice since the contract was signed.
- Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure: Advising the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI) on various public procurement issues (e.g. on in-house awards, sub-threshold awards, etc.). Comprehensive procurement and contract law advice to the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure and ‘Die Autobahn GmbH des Bundes’ on the procurement of an enterprise resource planning system, plus the award of a framework contract for the establishment and operation of the test and productive system.
- BKK umbrella organization: Comprehensive advice on procurement law and support in several EU-wide and national procurement procedures in the IT sector (including in a competitive dialogue).
BLOMSTEIN Rechtsanwälte’s procurement team advises on award and review procedures, but also supports clients forensically in proceedings before higher regional courts, award chambers and administrative courts. The practice is instructed by both bidders as well as contracting authorities which stem from the private and public sector and also span federal ministries. Sector focuses include services, defence and security, IT as well as healthcare. Renowned procurement lawyers Pascal Friton and Roland Stein are the key contacts.
' Very strong and responsive team, which is one of the best, especially in the defense sector. The procedural appearance is always impressive. '
' Roland Stein stands out for his pragmatic and problem-oriented solutions. Pascal Friton has great expertise in public procurement law, with the help of which he finds tailor-made solutions. Florian Wolf (Associate) has already impressed in several mandates. '
Bundesrepublik Deutschland (BMWi)
German Naval Yards
Kapsch TrafficCom / CTS Eventim
- DiaMed Diagnostika: Advice and representation with regard to various tenders in the health sector.
- German Naval Yards: Advice on the MKS 180 (frigate) award procedure, including representation in review procedures and advice on other award procedures.
- Kapsch TrafficCom / CTS Eventim: Advice on procurement law and representation of clients in the procurement procedure. Development, construction and operation of a system for collecting the infrastructure charge for the use of federal highways.
Stefan Hertwig heads CBH Rechtsanwälte's procurement team which has deep expertise in assisting contracting authorities with construction and infrastructure projects, but also advises bidders on complex tender procedures. Other mainstays include award proceedings related to IT issues, advice in sectors such as public transport and assistance with planning services. Furthermore, the group is exhibiting a certain focus on publicly funded projects at the interface to funding legislation and procurement law; here, Andreas Haupt is an important key figure. The team can draw on its closely-knit, internal cross-practice network particularly with regards to contractual law, construction agreements and IT law; clients appreciate 'the precious combination of fields of law such as procurement law as well as funding legislation and state aid law'.
Other key lawyers:
Bietergemeinschaft A3 Nordbayern GbR
Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung
Landesbetrieb Straßenbau NRW
Landschaftsverband Rheinland (LVR)
Stadtwerke Bonn Verkehrs GmbH
Wieprecht Gebäude-Management und Reinigungs-Service GmbH & Co.KG
- Bidder consortium A3 Nordbayern (construction company Bunte and Eiffage PPP. GmbH): Accompaniment of a total of 3 review procedures regarding the tender for the currently largest private public partnership project in Germany – volume around. 3 billion euros. The clientele could be led to the award.
- CRRC Tangshan: Advising a Chinese state-owned company on entering the German tram market, very comprehensive advice on several tenders in Germany.
- Stadtwerke Bonn Verkehrs-GmbH: Conceptual design and support of the tender for the procurement of high-floor trams (volume in the upper two-digit million range).
GvW Graf von Westphalen
Alongside its assistance with infrastructure projects, GvW Graf von Westphalen's procurement practice is mainly known for its advice to the healthcare sector where the team supports medical product manufacturers, institutes of the Federal Health Ministry as well as an increasing number of university hospitals. Other strengths include advice to contracting authorities on award procedures for IT projects and to IT companies on tenders for public contracts. The team stands out for both its interdisciplinary and cross-office cooperation as well as for the specialised expertise of its three partners. As head of the firm's internal focus group healthcare, practice head Bettina Meyer-Hofmann is particularly adept in assisting with procurement matters in the healthcare sector, while Ingrid Reichling is a renowned key contact for the defence and IT industries; Dietrich Drömann predominantly assists infrastructure clients with complex and high-profile matters.
'' Good ideas for a difficult award that is not an everyday occurrence, networking with colleagues in the office for questions from other departments, team well networked and informed. '
'' Ms. Sürmann, Ms. Dr. Meyer-Hofmann: easy accessibility, goal-oriented ideas, pragmatism, open and friendly. '
Agentour25 Dienstleistungs GmbH
DRK-Rettungs- und Transportdienste Hildesheim/Hannover gGmbH
Max-Planck-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Wissenschaften e.V.
Caritasverband der Erzdiözese München und Freising e. V.
Dr. Pascal Sieber & Partners AG
DRK Ambulanzdienst Hamburg gGmbH
Freistaat Bayern vertreten durch die Bayerische Landeszentrale für politische Bildungsarbeit
Industrieanlagen-Betriebsgesellschaft mbH (IABG mbH)
ORGABRAIN GmbH & Co. KG
Universitätsklinikum Regensburg (UKR)
LocLab Consulting GmbH
- Agentour25 service GmbH: Advice on procurement law and legal representation in connection with catering services in refugee accommodation.
- Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science eV: Ongoing advice on procurement law on all procurement projects of the MPG in the field of deliveries and services, especially IT procurement.
- DRK ambulance service Hamburg gGmbH: Accompaniment of a non-profit aid organization in the preparation of offers for the award of rescue services by the Hamburg fire department.
The procurement practice at GÖRG Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten mbB predominantly acts for the public authorities on contracting side. Clients include cities and federal states as well as research facilities and various municipal utilities. The group advises on projects in the energy, construction, IT and services sectors, but also exhibits strengths in relation to private-public partnerships. The practice is headed by Jan Peter-Scharf in Hamburg, who has particular experience in advising on complex procurements and privatisations as well as procurement review and complaint proceedings. He is supported by key contacts Lutz Horn and Kai-Uwe Schneevogl in Frankfurt. Heiko Hofmann, who made partner in January 2020, is another central figure. Jan Peter Müller and Ulla Reuter made associated partner in January 2020.
Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher Forschungszentren – Laufende vergaberechtliche Beratung verschiedener Forschungszentren
Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg
Futurium gGmbH Berlin
Gaskraftwerk Leipheim GmbH & Co. KG
Mehler Law Enforcement GmbH
SWB Energie- und Wasserversorgung Bonn/Rhein-Sieg GmbH (Stadtwerke)
Städtische Werke Energie + Wärme GmbH Kassel (Stadtwerke)
Kur- und Kongreß GmbH Bad Homburg vdH
Stadt Bad Homburg vdH
- Futurium gGmbH Berlin: Comprehensive procurement law advice including the complete procurement management for the commissioning, initial equipment and operation of the Futurium, a museum and future laboratory supported by the federal government, science organizations and technology companies, which deals with all questions of future coexistence and future work.
- Mehler Law Enforcement GmbH: Constant advice to bidders in connection with the support of award procedures and review procedures – successful representation in connection with various framework contracts for protective equipment (protective vests, protective gloves) in Saxony, Berlin and Hesse in the reporting period; Recently successful representation before the Higher Regional Court Dresden in connection with a framework contract for the delivery of protective vests.
- SWB Energy and Water Supply Bonn / Rhein-Sieg GmbH (municipal utilities) / Städtische Werke Energie + Wärme GmbH Kassel (municipal utilities): Comprehensive strategic and legal advice to two public utility companies in connection with the modernization of gas-fired power plants and with the tendering / procurement of gas turbines and steam turbines.
Heussen Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH's procurement team is instructed by both bidders as well as contracting authorities. The practice encompasses advice on award and review procedures as well as on other matters including public pricing law. The team further possesses experience and expertise in assisting bidders with EU award procedures. The group focuses on the IT, construction as well as the services sectors and also managed to gain a foothold in the defence industry. Large-scale construction tender proceedings are particularly often handled in the Munich office. Uwe-Carsten Völlink, who has longstanding experience in this field, heads the team which also includes Norbert Huber and Mark Münch.
'' Very personal and competent client support. '
' Uwe Völlink, highly competent and at the same time practice-oriented client support. '
' The legal areas relevant to us are covered in practice. Where even more in-depth specialization is required, this can be used within the network of law firms. Thanks to the international network multilaw, it is also possible to get support in exotic areas. '
' RA Völlink, public procurement law: very flexible and practice-oriented. '
' We are supported by Dr. Iris Meeßen and Dr. Norbert Huber advise. Both lawyers not only have outstanding specialist knowledge (also in secondary legal areas), but also always keep an eye on practical developments. This allows you, even in very atypical constellations, which are not yet familiar with general practice, on the one hand to develop legally secure, but on the other hand – which is very important for us – also to develop practical and economically feasible solutions. Dr. Iris Meeßen and Dr. Norbert Huber respond intensively to our special interests and suggestions and are always available for an exchange of views, even at short notice. '
ESG Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH
Freistaat Bayern -Wirtschaftsministerium
Rohde & Schwarz GmbH &Co. KG
MBDA Deutschland GmbH
Helmholtz Zentrum München
Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften München
Gasteig München GmbH
Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Kärcher Futuretech GmbH
MAN Truck & Bus Deutschland GmbH
U-Bahn Martinsried Projektmanagement GmbH
- Kärcher Futuretech GmbH: Allocation, price and contract law support in the application for the tender for 'Mobile Field Kitchens' of the Bundeswehr up to the award in March 2020.
- Free State of Bavaria, represented by the Munich University of Applied Sciences: Procurement and IT contract law advice and representation in the Union-wide tender for an IT financial management system by the Free State of Bavaria for its five universities in Augsburg, Munich, Coburg, Ingolstadt, Landshut, including successful representation in the review procedure (award in May 2020).
- Gasteig Munich GmbH: Allocation and contractual support for all tenders in the middle of the process (planning, project management, room acoustics, interim locations, construction, catering, etc.) for one of the largest cultural centers in Europe; The building is to be completely refurbished for an investment of approx. 400 million euros, and interim quarters for the Philharmonic, University and administration will be created at an alternative location for the duration of the refurbishment.
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH's procurement practice, which stands out for its cross-practice advice on complex construction projects, on award procedures in the transport and energy sectors as well as broadband supply among other matters, was considerably strengthened by the arrival of Stefan Mager and his team from Aulinger Rechtsanwälte in January 2020. He solidified the already existing mainstays in the infrastructure and IT areas and also adds another sector focus in the defence and security industries. The cooperation with the real estate, construction and energy practices and private-public partnerships as well as the procurement lawyers' integration within the firm's industry groups continue to be beneficial. The often recommended Ulf-Dieter Pape in Hanover heads the team and is supported by Henner-Matthias Puppel in Essen, Rut Herten-Koch in Berlin and Karsten Köhler in Leipzig among others. Martin Steuber and Steffen Häberer made partner in July 2019.
‘ Flexible, technically very well positioned, use digital media (video conference, …), the project is the focus of the work. ‘
‘ Karsten Köhler – Procurement Law – very good specialist knowledge, negotiating skills, flexibility, focus on the project goal. Andreas Mally – contract law – very good specialist knowledge, negotiating skills, solution-oriented. Daniel Naumann – Procurement Law – good specialist knowledge, flexibility, availability, solution-oriented. ‘
‘ A very competent and powerful team that has so far provided us with excellent support with all questions relating to public procurement law and also with our customers’ proceedings before the procurement chamber. We have had the tender documents prepared by us, for our customers, regularly checked and revised by Luther for about 10 years and, thanks to the qualified support from the Luther team, we have not yet lost any proceedings before the procurement chamber (for our customers). ‘
‘In the area of public procurement law, we work exclusively with Mr. Pape, Dr. Holz and Dr. Klass-Dingelday together. We also have sporadic contact with Dr. Sehy. We can hereby confirm that the aforementioned people in the team do an excellent job and, if necessary, are also available on weekends or public holidays and – if required – also on vacation for urgent issues. We only commission other law firms sporadically, if Luther is unable to handle individual cases due to mandate reasons. In this regard, however, we can say that we would then like to fall back on the support of Luther and currently do not want to do without it. ‘
” Consistent – valid for all employees contacted so far – very pleasant handling, friendly, open and accessible, customer-oriented. ‘
‘ Dr. Stefan Mager, whom we gladly followed as a client from his former law firm to Luther Law. The above applies, and also purposefully and clearly in the matter. ‘
BVG Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe AöR
- Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG): Advice and representation in the legal dispute over the billion dollar order for vehicle procurement before the Berlin Court of Appeal, which has now rejected the complaint against the award of the contract in the last instance.
- Klinikverbund Südwest GmbH: Advice on procurement law for the new building of the Flugfeldklinikum to merge the previous locations of the Sindelfingen – Böblingen Clinic.
- Stadtwerke Leipzig GmbH: Advising Stadtwerke Leipzig GmbH on their major investment in connection with the phase-out of coal in the new HKW Süd gas turbine thermal power station.
Müller-Wrede & Partner Rechtsanwälte
The legal advice provided by Malte Müller-Wrede, who heads boutique offering Müller-Wrede & Partner Rechtsanwälte, focuses on procurement law among other areas. The practice is instructed by both public contracting authorities as well as by bidders. These include federal and federal state authorities as well as federal ministries where the firm's longstanding experience in the political sphere is of particular advantage. The team possesses special expertise in procurement advice to the public transport and rail transport sectors as well as the infrastructure, IT, construction and healthcare industries; here, clients are frequently advised by interdisciplinary expert teams. Another strength lays in representing clients in review procedures.
Redeker Sellner Dahs
With its active and broad procurement practice, Redeker Sellner Dahs assists various players from the private and public sector that are active in the IT, transport, infrastructure and medical industries among others. The team advises on review and award procedures, prepares expert opinions and assists with award audit procedures. Particular strengths lay in its advice to public authorities on construction award procedures and digitalisation or IT projects. Here, the team is involved in high-profile matters such as a large project by a federal ministry concerning the digitalisation of its entire administrative structure. The cross-practice cooperation, for instance at the interface to construction, state aid or data protection law, is an important part of the practice. Matthias Ganske and Heike Glahs are the key contacts. Julian Ley made counsel in January 2020.
avocado rechtsanwälte's procurement practice is headed by the trio Markus Figgen, Klaus Greb and Rebecca Schäffer and was able to expand its advice focus to the defence sector as well as to electricity and gas concessions/rights of way. Traditional matters for the practice include advice to the waste disposal industry, a particular strength of the firm, IT award procedures as well as planning and construction award procedures. The team has grown and also gained clout on higher seniority level with the equity partner promotion of Nils-Alexander Weng in July 2020.
Other key lawyers:
' Dr. Klaus Greb is an excellent public procurement lawyer who works incredibly quickly and precisely. '
' The procurement law team is consistently competent and practice-oriented. '
' Dr. Rebecca Schäffer is characterized by an extremely high level of expertise and absolute reliability. '
' Attorney Dr. Schäffer and RA Weng: each a very pleasant cooperation, high level of expertise, always available, quick response, clear recommendations, successful completion of the mandate. '
Auftraggeber aus dem Bereich Verteidigung und Sicherheit
AVG Abfallentsorgungs- und verwertungsgesellschaft Köln mbH
AWB Köln GmbH
BDE Bundesverband der deutschen Entsorgungswirtschaft e.V.
BLUES Bay. Logistik Umwelt & Entsorgungs Systeme GmbH
Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels Landesverband Berlin-Brandenburg e.V.
Deutsche Film- und Fernsehakademie Berlin GmbH (DFFB)
Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik (DIBT)
DEvAL – Deutsches Evaluierungsinstitut der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
ECOSOIL Süd GmbH
EW Medien & Kongresse GmbH
familie redlich AG
Gas- und Wärmeinstitut Essen e. V. (Fördermit-telempfänger des NRW-Wissenschaftsministeriums)
GMVA Gemeinschafts-Müll-Verbrennungsan-lage Niederrhein GmbH
Hessenwasser GmbH & Co. KG
Hochschule für Musik und darstellende Kunst Frankfurt am Main
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- VBL - Federal and State Pension Fund (as leader of a consortium of various pension players from various EU member states): Procurement, grant and IT contract law advice in connection with the development of an information platform on an open source basis – the so-called European Tracker on Pensions (ETS).
- Schönmackers Umweltdienste GmbH & Co. KG: Representation before the Cologne Public Procurement Chamber and the Düsseldorf Higher Regional Court in a principle procedure that is observed throughout Germany regarding the topics of in-house procurement and public-public cooperation (specifically: permissibility of the tender-free amendment of existing contracts between several municipal institutions on the disposal of waste and the utilization of a waste incineration plant).
- Federal Bar Association: Comprehensive procurement, contract and IT law advice regarding the system of special electronic lawyers' mailboxes (beA).
As one of the five central pillars of Bonn firm Boesen Rechtsanwälte, its procurement practice is instructed by contracting authorities and bidders alike. The firm's activity ranges from national tenders to pan-European award procedures and highly complex private-public partnership projects. The team is headed by name partner Arnold Boesen and focuses on the IT, construction and services sectors. The group further represents contracting authorities and bidders in award review proceedings.
Counsel Steffen Amelung heads the procurement practice at Clifford Chance. Advice to infrastructure clients is a mainstay for the practice while its cooperation with the project finance team in large-scale private-public partnership projects particularly stands out. The second advice focus lays on the healthcare sector where its close cooperation with the firm's pharmaceutical practice is of great benefit. The group also assists clients with the implementation of award procedures and represents them in review proceedings.
Dolde Mayen & Partner
The two-strong procurement team at Dolde Mayen & Partner with Andrea Vetter and Tina Bergmann in Stuttgart predominantly advises public contracting authorities, but also acts on bidder site. Vetter can draw on sector-specific expertise in award procedures related to waste disposal services, while Bergmann possesses plenty of experience in assisting award offices with the awarding of construction and IT services. Other sector focuses include the transport sector, particularly public transport.
' Extraordinary commitment, flexible appointment arrangements. '
' Very competent, our contact person always goes the extra mile. '
Diverse Kommunen und Landkreise
- Stuttgart Exhibition Center: Accompaniment of the Europe-wide procurement procedure for the planning and construction of the exhibition extension (service building, Hall 11, West Congress Center, West Entrance and parking).
- Zweckverband Bodensee water supply: Accompaniment of the Europe-wide award procedure for the award of planning services for the project 'Source of the future – drinking water supply for future generations'.
The procurement team at FPS is led by Annette Rosenkötter and predominantly specialises in advising public contracting authorities on complex procurement matters via its sector-specific project groups. The team focuses on assisting with construction, IT, delivery and services awards, including versatile procurement matters for high-profile clients such as Frankfurt Airport and the German Olympic Sports Federation. Another mainstay is the assistance with projects related to the transport revolution. The firm's strong commitment to legal tech is also notable.
Deutscher Olympischer Sportbund
FIZ Frankfurter Innovationszentrum Biotechnologie GmbH
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management GmbH
Fraport Ausbau Süd GmbH
HEAG mobilo GmbH
Karlsruher Messe- und Kongress GmbH
Regionalverband Frankfurt am Main
Sportpark Stadion Frankfurt am Main GmbH
- German Olympic Sports Confederation: Procurement law advice in the context of the tender "Transport handling of the entire cargo of Team Germany to the Olympic Games in Tokyo 2020" for the transfer of all special baggage of the German athletes for the Olympic Games in Tokyo; Creation of the complete procurement and contract documents, procurement management, evaluation of the documents submitted by the bidders, as well as creation of the information and award letters.
- Fraport AG : Successful representation in the review procedure regarding the procurement of runway de-icers and support in various procurement procedures in connection with the construction of Terminal 3 at Frankfurt Airport.
- HEAG mobilo GmbH: Accompanying the Darmstadt tram operator in the tendering process for a delivery of 14 trams with an option for up to 30 additional vehicles.
Interdisciplinary advice to the real estate sector as well as its assistance to the healthcare industry, for instance with regards to hospital equipment procurement or construction services, remains the motor of GSK Stockmann's procurement practice which is headed by Jenny Mehlitz in Berlin. Another focus exists in the transport infrastructure area, particularly with regards to public port infrastructure companies, where the expertise and network of Arne Gniechwitz in Hamburg plays an important role. The team also stands out for its exploration of innovative, future-oriented niche areas such as new types of proceedings for innovation partnerships and competitive dialogue. Further expertise exists in in-house awarding procedures, private-public partnerships, land transactions and partnering agreements. The practice was strengthened by the arrival of Friedrich Hausmann and his team from PwC Legal (PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal AG Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft) in July 2020. The procurement lawyer has valuable knowledge in PPP projects and the transport sector.
BIM Berliner Immobilienmanagement GmbH
Chabad Lubawitsch Berlin e.V.
Friedrich-Naumann-Stiftung für die Freiheit
Duisburger Hafen AG
Bundesrepublik Deutschland Generaldirektion Wasserstraßen und Schifffahrt
Groupe Pierre & Vacances Center Parcs, Groupe Pierre & Vacances Center Parcs, Center Parcs Entwicklungsgesellschaft Germany GmbH
Hansestadt Lübeck, Lübeck Port Authority
Land Berlin, HOWOGE Unternehmensgruppe, HOWOGE Wohnungsbaugesellschaft mbH
Land Berlin, vertreten durch Tegel Projekt GmbH
Niedersachsen Ports GmbH & Co. KG
Lübeck Port Authority
Pro Potsdam GmbH, Niederlassung Potsdam
Stiftung Denkmal für die ermordeten Juden Europas
Stiftung Topographie des Terrors
Vivantes Gruppe, Vivantes Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH
- State of Berlin, HOWOGE group of companies, HOWOGE Wohnungsbaugesellschaft mbH: Pilot award procedure for new school building by way of partnering.
- State of Berlin, Tegel Project GmbH: Award management for Berlin’s state-owned company for the subsequent use of Berlin-Tegel Airport, award of architectural contracts.
- Duisburger Hafen AG: Advice on state aid and public procurement law on the conclusion of a leasehold contract and the establishment of a joint venture in connection with the construction and operation of a new trimodal container terminal as part of the Belt and Road Initiative / New Silk Road (currently the largest inland port project in Germany).
At Hogan Lovells International LLP, the procurement practice frequently acts as an integrated part of the firm's cross-practice advice offering to clients. Thus, the group advises at the interface to antitrust, life sciences, corporate and IP and focuses on regulated industries such as the gambling, energy, arms and banking sectors. The team further focuses on the assistance with complex proceedings of high strategic importance for its clients, for instance with regards to market access, and also advises in relation to privatisations. The 'very well-versed' Marc Schweda heads the practice and has particular expertise in the energy and life sciences sectors. The team impresses with 'considerable legal expertise and a commercial orientation' and also includes Thomas Dünchheim and Falk Schöning.
Bundesrepublik Deutschland – Finanzagentur GmbH (Deutsche Finanzagentur)
FlixBus / FlixMobility
smartlab Innovationsgesellschaft mbH
Stadtwerke Velbert GmbH
Westdeutsche Spielbanken GmbH & Co. KG
Autobahn Tank & Rast GmbH
- NRW.BANK: Comprehensive legal advice on strategic planning, preparation and implementation of the sale of all shares in the WestSpiel Group to a private purchaser, including advice on public law, regulatory, gaming law, public procurement law, subsidy law, corporate law, tax law and employment law advice.
- Lockheed Martin: Advice on procurement law, export control law and regulatory issues in the area of application of defense companies as well as tax law issues.
K&L Gates LLP
The German procurement team is part of K&L Gates LLP's firm-wide practice group Government Contracts and Procurement Policy and advises both public contracting authorities and franchisors as well as contractors on the whole array of procurement issues. Procurement advice on infrastructure projects and PPPs is an important mainstay for the practice. The pharma and healthcare sectors as well as the rail and public transport sectors, where the group assists with future-oriented tenders related to alternative energy supply in the transport sector, are other focal points. Annette Mutschler-Siebert heads the group and is supported by counsel Marion Baumann.
Other key lawyers:
Électricité de France SA
Ströer SE & Co. KGaA.
Telio Communications GmbH
KPMG Law in Germany's procurement law practice is part of the firm's Legal Public Sector group under the leadership of Moritz Püstow. The team primarily advises public contracting authorities and draws on expertise in IT, digitalisation and construction award proceedings. Sector focuses exist in the infrastructure sector, where its advice on the awarding of construction services for the deepening of the river Elbe particularly stands out, as well as the healthcare industry. The team also advises on matters related to privatisations. Henrik-Christian Baumann is a particularly important key contact. The practice was complemented by the arrival of Isa Alexandra Sadoni, previously at Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek, in October 2019. Julia Gielen made non-equity partner.
' Very pragmatic approach, available at short notice and also understandable for non-lawyers. '
' Hendrik Baumann, excellent specialist, pragmatic, with very good didactic skills and always patient and practice-oriented. '
- Hamburg Porth Authority: Procurement and building contract law advice on the 'fairway adjustment / Elbe deepening' project (total project volume Hamburg around EUR 300 million). Advice in various sub-projects; Among other things, successful advice on the award of the 'dredging and moving work' for the project as a large sub-project.
- State capital Potsdam: Multi-year framework agreement on legal advice in procurement and contract law as well as private building law.
- University Medical Center Schleswig-Holstein: Comprehensive procurement law advice in connection with the 'partial privatization of the UKSH Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH and the UKSH Gesellschaft für IT Services mbH to supply the UKSH with information technology services'. The procurement law advisory services include the procurement concept, the preparation of the procurement documents as well as the support of the individual procedural steps including the coordination of all persons involved in the procurement procedure.
The flagship of Oppenländer Rechtsanwälte's procurement practice is its activity in healthcare sector procurement matters for which Matthias Ulshöfer has gained a good reputation. The team advises on statutory health insurance tenders or in relation to internal company restructuring. Other focuses exist at the interface to antitrust law as well as in rail and public transport award procedures and the group also has experience and expertise in judicial proceedings such as award review procedures. Corina Jürschik made partner in January 2020.
‘ Personal address, perfect collaboration at all times. ‘
” A high level of specialist knowledge, uncomplicated communication, very good availability, in-depth research, always well prepared, several approaches / strategies for a problem, always thinking 2-3 steps ahead. ‘
‘Particularly noteworthy are: Dr. Matthias Ulshöfer (partner) and Dr. Joachim Ott (Associate). ‘
” Highly professional lawyers with the right feel for the essentials of a case. By securing a case by two lawyers as well as the perfect accessibility thanks to a secretariat, you as a client always feel well advised and well protected legally even with short-term messages. ‘
‘ Legally, our company is currently being led by Dr. Matthias Ulshöfer advised on a public procurement dispute. In addition to impeccable specialist knowledge and the ability to present complex legal issues in a comprehensible manner, Dr. Ulshöfer has a broad knowledge of the procurement processes in our region and all of Baden-Württemberg. He is therefore not only familiar with ongoing proceedings but can also optimally support the decision-making processes in our company with current examples of comparable cases. In addition, working together is very pleasant on a human level and is characterized by respect and interest in the case. ‘
‘ At Oppenländer there is an expert for every earthly issue who takes on the matter and comes back with excellent solutions in a short time. As a company, you can be absolutely certain that Oppenländer Rechtsanwälte have capacity at all times and that solutions are worked out together. ‘
” In terms of procurement law, Dr. To name Ulshöfer. His empathy for the customer and his requirements characterize him as a person and his work. ‘
‘ Prof. Dr. Lenz regularly develops very good proposals for solutions to highly complex issues where lawyers from other law firms have already exhausted themselves in risk assessment. Prof. Dr. Lenz is always extremely courteous and remarkably polite. In addition, Prof. Lenz thinks multilayered and multidimensional as well as forward-looking. We also experience Dr. Jürschik as absolutely on schedule and precisely geared towards the desired work goal as well as outstandingly competent even in the greatest depth of detail. ‘
‘ The first collaboration with Dr. Ulshöfer was always highly professional. The industry expertise is impressive. Coordination with Dr. Ulshöfer are extremely reliable when dealing with colleagues. The collegial cooperation was extremely trusting. ‘
Accord Healthcare Ltd. (UK)
Andreas Stark GmbH & Co. KG/Leonhard Weiss/Stahlbau Magdeburg
Blickle und Scherer Komunikationstechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Bremer Straßenbahn AG
BVG Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe
Connect Com GmbH, Connect Com AG (Schweiz)
Dexcel Pharma GmbH, Dexcel Ltd.
Dürener Kreisbahn GmbH (DKB, kommunales Verkehrsunternehmen des Kreises Düren)
EnBW Energie Baden-Württemberg AG
GDS Global Display Solutions S.A. (Italien)
ILS Mannheim GmbH
Jenapharm (Konzerngesellschaft Bayer)
KVV Karlsruher Verkehrsverbund GmbH
Müller Omnibusverkehr GmbH & Co. KG
Optica Abrechnungszentrum Dr. Güldener GmbH
Safetec IT Vertriebssysteme
Staatliche Toto-Lotto GmbH Baden-Württemberg
Th. Geyer GmbH & Co. KG (führendes Handelsunternehmen für Laborbedarf und Ingredients, Aromen und Duftstoffe)
traffiQ Lokale Nahverkehrsgesellschaft Frankfurt am Main mbH
Urgo GmbH (Verbandsmitte
- Connect Com AG (Schweiz)/Connect Com GmbH: Successful legal representation before the Lower Saxony Public Procurement Chamber and the Higher Regional Court of Celle against the district of Diepholz to enforce the bid for a contract for the delivery of broadband cables in the double-digit million range.
- Jenapharm GmbH & Co. KG / Bayer Group: Successful award review procedures before the Federal Public Procurement Chamber to enforce a non-discriminatory lot cutting when tendering contraceptives.
- Optica / Dr. Güldener Gruppe: Comprehensive advice on procurement law for tenders from Gematik (society of the Federal Ministry of Health and the leading organizations of the German health care system) of model projects for e-prescriptions and the allocation of the processing of the entire e-prescription volume in the German health care system, including IT and data center infrastructure.
At Raue, the procurement team around Bettina Tugendreich assists both contracting authorities as well as bidders with all aspects of German and European procurement law. This includes procurement advice on proceedings or award procedures for concessions and planning services, but also the representation in review proceedings before award chambers or in award complaint proceedings before the European Commission. The practice focuses on the infrastructure, transport, energy and healthcare sectors.
Taylor Wessing's procurement practice covers a broad spectrum of procurement matters. In the defence and security sphere, the team advises federal ministries, bidders from the arms industry and the Federal Armed Forces among others. In the infrastructure space, the practice managed to strengthen its market position and also counts federal state ministries and ports among its key clients. The team further exhibits strengths in the public finance and healthcare sectors. After Andreas Haak joined Dentons in February 2019, the team and practice have developed dynamically: Michael Brüggemann is now local managing partner in Düsseldorf while continuing to be the key contact for the procurement practice; furthermore, the firm plans to expand its Hamburg office on personnel level.
Other key lawyers:
Bundesministerium der Verteidigung (BMVg) / Bundesamt für Ausrüstung, Informationstechnik und Nutzung der Bundeswehr (BAAINBw)
EMSA – European Maritime Safety Agency
FMS Wertmanagement AöR
Hamburg Port Authority
KfW – Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau
Thüringer Netkom GmbH
- KfW: Procurement and contract law advice to the KfW legal department as a so-called 'extended workbench' (including support for large-volume EU procurement procedures such as IT company panels and IT application panels).
- Federal Ministry of the Interior BMI: Procurement law advice on IT consolidation for the federal government (so-called IT service network).
- EMSA – European Maritime Safety Agency: Advice on EU law / procurement law when setting up the communication network for national maritime and port authorities.
BBG und Partner
The motor of BBG und Partner's procurement practice is its advice on matters related to construction and transport projects. Headed by the trio Niels Griem, Malte Linnemeyer and Gerrit Landsberg, the team also assists with award procedures for grid concessions and in the IT sector. The practice is planning to expand its activity in these areas, as well as its procurement advice to the healthcare sector, with regards to ordnance clearance and broadband expansion. Clients predominantly include public contracting authorities. Jan Boris Ingerowski left the firm in 2020 and has now joined Hamburg firm Esche Schümann Commichau.
Other key lawyers:
AfW Wassertechnologie GmbH & Co. KG
BEAN mbH & Co. Bremerhavener Entwicklungsgesellschaft Alter /Neuer Hafen
BIS Bremerhavener Gesellschaft für Investitionsförderung und Stadtentwicklung mbH
C.D. Schmidt Aqua-Technik GmbH & Co. KG
DFKI Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz
Landesanstalt für Altlastenfreistellung des Landes Sachsen-Anhalt
LNVG Landesnahverkehrsgesellschaft Hannover
MDSE Mitteldeutsche Sanierungs- und Entsorgungsgesellschaft mbH
Regionalverkehr Köln GmbH
Stadt Euskirchen und Stadtverkehr Euskirchen
Stadtwerke Wismar GmbH
VMV Verkehrsgesellschaft Mecklenburg-Vorpommern mbH
Zweckverband Verkehrsverbund Bremen/Niedersachsen ZVBN
- AfW Wassertechnologie GmbH & Co. KG: Representing interests in a dispute about deficiencies and responsibilities related to work on a swimming pool.
- Bavarian Railway Company: Various public procurement law advice in procedures for awarding contracts for regional rail services.
- BIS Bremerhaven Society for Investment Promotion and Urban Development mbH: Procurement law review of the tender documents for a construction project in the Bremerhaven fishing port.
Braun & Zwetkow
Leipzig boutique Braun & Zwetkow specialises in commercial administrative and procurement law. The practice's key client base is composed of both bidders as well as contracting authorities which the group advises and represents comprehensively, including in reprimand and review procedures if necessary. One of the firm's strengths is the assistance with award procedures for services and concessions. Sector focuses include the emergency services and broadband expansion. Experienced and renowned procurement lawyer Christian Braun heads the practice; name partner Katrin Zwetkow is another key contact.
Other key lawyers:
' Good accessibility, quick response. '
' The law firm provides convincing and friendly, very excellent legal advice and support in procurement procedures. This for public clients such as local authorities, private businesses, special purpose associations and also GmbHs, AGs and associations. The law firm has a very broad spectrum. In addition, all questions are always answered promptly and to the full satisfaction of the client. All work that arises is always done within the specified deadlines and very punctually and within the specified budget. '
' The law firm can be recommended without any restrictions. Both people distinguish themselves: They adapt very quickly to the client's needs. You quickly grasp the essentials and work out suggestions in a very short time! In addition, the collaboration is human, discreet, and perfect. This has been the case for over 10 years. '
Falck Rettungsdienst GmbH und verbundene Gesellschaften
Landkreis Darmstadt- Dieburg
Zweckverband NGA-Netz Darmstadt-Dieburg
Kommunalunternehmen Markt Bechhofen
DREWAG StadtwerkeDresden GmbH
Björn Steiger StiftungLuftrettung GmbH
FJS Helikopter Lufttransport GmbH
- Falck-Rettungsdienst GmbH & Falck-Gruppe: Conducting various review procedures against the background of the modernization of procurement law (area exception § 107 GWBJ).
- District of Darmstadt-Dieburg and associated organizations (Zweckverband NGA-Netz Darmstadt-Dieburg; LAG in the location marketing Darmstadt-Dieburg eV): Accompaniment of various procurement procedures from the preparation of the procurement documents to the award, especially in the areas of emergency services, broadband and IT, but also in other areas relevant to funding (regional management)
- Offenbach district: Accompanying the district in broadband expansion in various stages for many years; Current: Granting of a service concession for the construction and operation of a needs-based, sustainable and high-performance gigabit infrastructure with the help of a profitability gap subsidy.
Frank Roth in Cologne heads DLA Piper's procurement law practice which focuses on IT, healthcare and infrastructure award procedures. The team advises on large-scale projects such as the billion-euro federal motorway project A3 among other matters. Clients, including both bidders as well as contracting authorities, are advised on award procedures as well as on administrative procurement disputes and review procedures. The close cooperation with the finance and antitrust practice as well as Roth's additional expertise in dispute resolution is of advantage. Counsel Regina Fock left the firm in June 2020 and now works for the City of Cologne.
Atos Information Technology GmbH
BAM PPP / Kemna Bau
Cancom on line GmbH
- Atos Information Technology GmbH: Representing a leading IT service provider in a claim for damages due to additional costs of contract execution following a previous public procurement review procedure against a software company due to a failed IT project of one of the largest federal authorities.
- Ballast Nedam: Advice on procurement procedures in the offshore sector and on two airport projects in Düsseldorf and Munich. In the airport projects, the team also advised for the first time on the consequences of the Covid 19 pandemic in terms of public procurement and building contract law.
- Cologne-Bonn Airport: Advising Flughafen Köln / Bonn GmbH in a competitive process for a new hotel across from Terminal 1.
Gaßner, Groth, Siederer & Coll.
The strengths of Gaßner, Groth, Siederer & Coll.'s procurement team around Frank Wenzel lay in its advice to public contracting authorities on award procedures, ranging from the preparation of concepts and agreements to offer reviews. The practice focuses on tender proceedings for services and plants, as well as construction, procurement and participation projects, including PPP projects or partial privatisations. The firm's sector focus on the waste disposal industry also results in procurement instructions in this field and the group further represents contracting authorities and bidders in review procedures.
Haver & Mailänder Rechtsanwälte Partnerschaft mbB's procurement practice covers a broad spectrum ranging from award procedures in the construction and healthcare sectors to matters in the defence industry and the arts and culture sectors. Additionally, the team assists with procurement disputes against the European Commission or other supranational organisations; here, the practice's expertise at the interface to funding legislation, particularly with regards to EU funds, is of particular significance. The group is also increasingly active in advising contracting authorities and bidders on procurement matters related to innovation-driven infrastructure projects by the public authorities. Alexander Hübner is the key contact and has longstanding experience in German and European procurement law.
The procurement practice at Hengeler Mueller around Jan Bonhage acts on bidding site as well as increasingly for contracting authorities. The team advises and represents clients in award, review and EU finance control procedures, including EU commission proceedings as well as before European and national courts. The practice also supports clients with regards to self-purification. The practice's fortes include the pharma and healthcare, transport, energy and defence sectors and it also assists with large infrastructure projects. The close cooperation with the firm's construction, environmental and planning law practices as well as its activity at the interface to state aid and European law is also of note.
- Ørsted A / S: Advice on procurement law requirements in the sector.
- Wall GmbH: Advice and representation in procurement procedures for outdoor advertising concessions.
- National Express: Advice on major transport contracts in Germany.
The 'competent, solution-oriented, very experienced and committed' Peter Michael Probst heads Lexton Rechtsanwälte's procurement practice which stands out for its strong focus on the healthcare sector. The often longstanding clients include hospitals, healthcare foundations, laboratories and hospital unions. The firm also acts in the transport sector. It prepares and conducts award procedures, reviews offers and represents bidders in review procedures. The 'well-versed, solution-oriented, thorough and likeable' Fabian Winters is a key contact and made partner in January 2021.
Other key lawyers:
' What is often only lip service in other law firms is lived here. The accessibility and availability is unparalleled. It doesn't matter who you are dealing with in each individual case. There is always a competent contact person available by phone who is on the topic and can provide information immediately or provide targeted advice. '
' Mr Probst provides absolutely targeted advice at the highest level. He also does not hide the possible risks of variants and is always up to date. In other law firms, these characteristics are often only goals. Here you will be reached. '
'' Professionally competent lawyers with a goal-oriented and economical way of working. Solutions are generated instead of legal hours. Fast and reliable feedback. '
' Mr Peter Probst and Mr Fabian Winters: Both lawyers are very competent, forward-looking and have an eye for the big picture. Always friendly, humorous with an agile mindset. Uncomplicated and flawless way of working. It's great to work with lawyers who are modern, economical (for the client) thinking and flexible. '
' Very good response times, very experienced and therefore highly efficient, extremely good strategic advice on how to proceed in tendering projects. '
' Peter Probst and Fabian Winters are excellent consultants who understand how to incorporate their experience directly into the mandate and to "exude calm", even when things get hectic. Are extremely well networked in Berlin's healthcare system. '
Stadler Pankow GmbH
Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Vivantes – Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH
KRH Klinikum Region Hannover
- Stadler Pankow GmbH (transport sector): Successful advice to Stadler in the award procedure / review procedure for the 3 billion order for 1,500 underground trains of the Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG). The law firm secured the order for the client against the competitor Alstom.
- VIVANTES - Network for Health GmbH (Health): Successful representation of the client in the award review procedure regarding the procurement of computed tomography equipment (CT) in the amount of almost EUR 10 million against the bidder Philips. Siemens Heathcare GmbH was awarded the contract.
- Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin (Health): Representation of the Charité in a review procedure regarding the cooperation with the State Criminal Police Office (LKA) in the context of criminal prosecution in connection with the implementation of DNA analyzes for the transfer of the offender.
The focus of Menold Bezler's procurement team remains the assistance of public contracting authorities with the conception and implementation of complex national and pan-European award procedures or investor competitions. The procurement of planning or construction services for large-scale construction projects is a mainstay of the practice. Other focuses include the healthcare, digitalisation and waste disposal industries. Here, the cooperation with other practice groups and experts, which has been increasingly effective since the firm merger with Stuttgart-based Wirtschaftsprüfung- und Steuerberatungsgesellschaft Prof. Dr. Binder Dr. Dr. Hillebrecht & Partner GmbH (BHP) in January 2020, is particularly important. Beatrice Fabry and Frank Meininger jointly head the practice. Valeska Pfarr made non-equity partner in January 2020.
' Menold und Bezler is a perfect law firm for our companies to support all corporate law, public procurement law and construction contract issues. '
' The long-term support has resulted in an absolute relationship of trust. The very well-functioning interaction within the various “disciplines” ensures perfect support for the client. '
' The strength of the colleagues from MenoldBezler lies in the fact that they are focused on what matters. '
' All colleagues on the team have a very high level of comprehension and great legal expertise. Particularly noteworthy here, however: DR. ALEXANDER DÖRR. You don't get superfluous training literature from him for a legal question, but practical and above all pragmatic solutions. '
- Stuttgart Clinic: Advice on strategic industrial partnership with Philips GmbH Market DACH for device procurement via a new holistic and sustainable overall device concept.
- Südwestrundfunk (SWR): Advice on the Europe-wide award of planning and construction services to a general contractor / general contractor for the new construction of a multimedia news house in Mainz.
- State capital Stuttgart: Advice on the award of planning services as part of the urban planning competition 'Rosensteinquartier'.
Olav Wagner in Berlin leads Noerr's procurement practice. The team continues to predominantly act on bidding site, but also advises and represents contracting authorities. Clients are assisted with award procedures for infrastructure projects or in the telecoms sector among other matters. The interdisciplinary cooperation across practices as well as the integration of commercial, technical and political advisors is particularly useful. The team also contributes to the firm's comprehensive, interdisciplinary advice on large transactions.
Other key lawyers:
- International bidding consortium made up of Kapsch TrafficCom AG and CTS EVENTIM AG & Co. KGaA: Comprehensive advice to the bidding consortium on public procurement law, IT, contract, data protection, administrative, corporate and financing law in connection with the award procedure for the development, establishment and operation of a car toll system in Germany (ISA survey).
- Veolia Germany GmbH: Advising the French Veolia Group on a transaction on the German energy market. Veolia Deutschland will reduce its stake in the Braunschweig energy supplier BS | Energy from 74.9% to 50.1% and transfer corresponding shares to Thüga; the sale of the stake is part of a structured bidding process through which the city of Braunschweig and Veolia sought a new strategic partner for BS |
- Emeram Capital: Advice on the acquisition of a majority stake in] init [Aktiengesellschaft für Digitale Kommunikation.
Oppenhoff's procurement team exhibits expertise in privatisations as well as in the defence technology, energy and healthcare sectors. The team has been advising companies on the preparation of tenders in national and European award procedures for many years. The group's expertise encompasses assistance with award procedures, representation in court and in review procedures, compliance audits and trainings as well as liability and criminal aspects among others matters. Renowned procurement expert Heiko Höfler heads the practice which also includes Holger Hofmann and Robert Glawe.
Kühne & Nagel AG & Co. KG
Friedrich Lürssen Werft GmbH & Co. KG
Hamburg Port Authority
- Kuehne & Nagel (AG & Co.) KG: Advice in several award and review procedures for logistics services in the BMVg and BMI division.
- Friedrich Lürssen Werft GmbH & Co. KG: Advice on the tendering procedure for the MKS 180 series of naval vessels (ongoing) and K130 (2017).
- VDA: Advice on a tendering process for the development and manufacture of small load carriers.
The flagship of SKW Schwarz Rechtsanwälte's procurement practice is its advice to participants in the emergency services and civil protection areas. Here, the network and expertise of practice head René Kieselmann is of great importance. The team's competence in advising on IT issues related to procurement projects of the public authorities is also notable, where the team advises both contracting authorities as well as bidders.
Other key lawyers:
' The law firm embodies a very competent and professional demeanor, which is reflected in very intensive support that meets the requirements. For complex legal issues, the law firm uses both its broadly diverse expertise and in-depth specialist knowledge in special areas. This makes it particularly clear what level of experience the law firm has in the area of procurement law. '
' Mr Kieselmann is particularly capable of classifying specific legal questions for an individual constellation and is therefore able to offer advice that is strongly tailored to the needs of the client. In doing so, he benefits greatly from his own professional experience in the field of rescue services and thereby links the higher-level legal framework components of the rescue service with the effects in practical application. In our experience, he always invests a lot of time in his advice in order to involve us as a client in the decision-making processes and to participate in the strategic direction. '
' What makes the team unique is the efficient, solution-oriented and rapid response to questions of all types of public procurement law.Ambiguities, questions and problems are answered in such a way that even “non-lawyers” understand them. The team is coordinated with each other and even if a team member is not present, you are well informed about the representation. '
' Particularly outstanding are Dr. Matthias Pajunk (Counsel, specialist lawyer for public procurement law) and Mr. Rene Kieselmann (partner, specialist lawyer for public procurement law). Questions and problems are answered in a technically excellent manner, new ideas and perspectives are also introduced when accompanying the award procedure, hints and problems are pointed out, objectivity and calm are conveyed in difficult award procedures. We feel that we are in very, very good hands with this law firm and especially with these two contact persons. One or the other personal word is also often told on the phone, so that a pleasant atmosphere is created during phone calls or personal appointments. '
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz, Kreisverband Solingen e.V.
WHG Wohnungsbau- und Hausverwaltungs-GmbH Eberswalde
Luna Restaurant GmbH
Rettungszweckverband “Südwestsachsen” Körperschaft des öffentlichen Rechts
VDSKC (Verband Deutscher Schul- und Kita Caterer e.V.)
- German Red Cross, District Association Solingen eV and Federal Association: Pioneering representation, which after the success at the European Court of Justice now creates further need for advice in practice (design of the area exception rescue service in practice).
- Luna Restaurant GmbH: Ongoing advice on tenders in the catering sector in the greater Berlin area. Extensive tenders from many Berlin districts with complex questions about contract drafting, calculation, unclear minimum wage requirements, etc.
Felix Siebler in Munich has been building Watson Farley & Williams LLP's procurement practice over the past couple of years and has been leading the Regulatory, Public Law & Competition practice since January 2020. Thematically, the practice focuses on procurement, infrastructure and digitalisation projects alongside sector focuses on the healthcare, transport and energy supply industries. The growing team advises on award procedures, competition proceedings, concessions, investor selection and privatisation. It prepares services agreements and handles negotiations. Siebler also represents clients in review proceedings and other disputes and further assists with the restructuring of public organisations.
' More personal and question-focused advice, not billing-oriented .'
' Clear language, quick processing, comprehensive without being rambling. '
Niedersächsische Landesbehörde für Straßenbau und Verkehr (NLStBV)
Thüga Erneuerbare Energien GmbH & Co. KG
KfW IPEX-Bank GmbH
Kliniken Nordoberpfalz AG
München Klinik gGmbH
HJS Emission Technology GmbH & Co. KG
Jonas Better Place GmbH
Stadt Lindenberg im Allgäu
Gemeinde Pullach i. Isartal
- Passau Clinic: Comprehensive support for the Passau Clinic as a 2nd level hospital and academic teaching hospital of the University of Regensburg in the restructuring of the entire clinical procurement area, drawing up a statement with an analysis of the current situation and recommendations for action as well as the gradual implementation of the work packages by June 2021, advice on ongoing tenders such as planners for New extension, acute dialysis, maintenance contracts for large medical devices and support in cooperation with the city of Passau.
- Lower Saxony State Authority for Road Construction and Transport (NLStBV): Advice on the implementation of the procurement procedure for the PPP project with regard to the functional building contract A1 – AS Lohne / Dinklage to AS Bramsche (project volume> € 600 million).
- KfW IPEX-Bank GmbH: Advice on the restructuring of the service relationships with suppliers and subcontractors with regard to the offshore wind farm 'Trianel Windpark Borkum II' with the participation of several municipal utility consortia after the insolvency of Senvion SE, taking into account the legal framework conditions in the specific market.