Public law in Chile
The eight-member public law department at full-service firm Carey covers the spectrum of administrative law, constitutional law, regulated markets and contentious-administrative dispute resolution. The practice group is highly rated for its prowess in litigation, constitutional rights, public procurement and public concessions, sanctioning procedures and regulatory compliance. It also serves as a strong back-up to the firm's practices in energy, environmental law, telecoms, life sciences, construction and infrastructure, as well as antitrust, mining, IT and IP. Ignacio Gillmore has vast experience in administrative contracts, litigation and public tenders; Gonzalo Fernández heads the litigation group; and Juan Carlos Riesco who made partner back in 2018, belongs to both the litigation and public law groups. At associate level, Camilo Lledó assists with public contracts and concessions, litigation and regulatory issues. Former associate Constanza Hube left to become director of the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile's Foro Constitucional.
‘Great for the speed and security in its answers, with 24/7 availability for clients.‘
‘The team of lawyers that advises us is highly knowledgeable in matters of public law, and they support all questions and requirements that clients have.‘
‘These are very well-prepared lawyers who are focused on the needs of the company.‘
‘Ignacio Gillmore’s experience and personality stands out.‘
‘Associate Camilo Lledó’s experience and complete knowledge of public law stand out.‘
‘Camilo Lledó is rated for his preparation and ability to distinguish situations and provide solutions.‘
Pontificia Universidad Católica
China CAMC Engineering Co
Ministry of Economy
- Represented Compass Group in two lawsuits against JUNAEB (the public service in charge of providing food to public schools), for the infringement of a food provision contract.
- Acted for Track Group in a judicial procedure before the Public Procurement Court, Court of Appeals and Supreme Court, concerning a public tender to provide monitoring services to the Chilean Prison Service.
- Advised China CAMC Engieneering CO on the public hospital infrastructure concessions programme of the Ministry of Public Works.
- Successfully acted for Pontificia Universidad Católica in the Constitutional Court against a claim seeking to have certain legal provisions -related to the restrictions on a legal guarantee- declared inapplicable.
- Represented Plus Kapital before the Santiago Courts of Appeals in a suit against the Comisión de Mercado Financiero decision to cancel the company’s permit to operate as a stockbroker.
Fermandois & Cía has a longstanding reputation in the market for administrative and constitutional disputes before Chile's Supreme and Constitutional Courts, government agencies and special, administrative and arbitral courts. The practice also assists with ongoing advisory issues and fields highly regarded experts in regulatory matters. Founding partner and former Chilean Ambassador to the US, Arturo Fermandois, specialises in public law, regulated sectors and dispute resolution; and Domingo Poblete (a partner since 2013) is also a highly-rated public law expert. Growth in the practice included the 2018 recruitment of partner and public law specialist José Manuel Díaz de Valdés (previously an independent advisor and consultant in public law matters).
Advising clients from both the public and private sector, FerradaNehme's eight-strong department integrates the firm's expertise in administrative law, economic regulation and litigation (before public agencies, the General Comptroller Office and High Courts of Justice). The scope of the practice includes assistance with environmental matters, urban planning, financial markets and public policy issues, among other areas. The public law and government practice is co-led by Luis Cordero and Josefina Court. Cordero advises private entities on matters involving regulated industries as well as dealings with authorities; he also assists governmental agencies with preparing new laws and implementing government policies and institutions. Court's experience includes previously serving in the Legislative Office of the Presidency of Chile under different administrations. Key support is provided by practice director José Tomás Correa.
Universidad de Santiago de Chile
Comisión para el Mercado Financiero
Gobierno Regional Metropolitano
Ministerio de Obras Públicas
- Defended VTR against a constitutional action brought by a television contents programming company (TVI) before the Chilean Constitutional Court.
- Represented Constructor Atacama in a dispute with Chile’s Housing and Urban Planning Authority concerning the legality of the authorisation for a solar power project.
- Represented Socovesa in legal disputes with different public works’ local authorities, which related to the execution of building projects and the legality of building permits.
- Acted for University of Santiago in a trial before the Chilean electoral courts, which concerned the legitimacy of the director’s electoral process.
- Advised the Metropolitan Regional Council on the design, drafting and implementation of internal statutory regulations, which address issues of administrative probity and transparency, environmental pronouncements and other institutional matters.
The seven-strong group at Barros & Errázuriz acts on a wide range of public matters, with a particular focus on constitutional and administrative law and economic regulation matters (public procurement and administrative contracts). It's partners also have expertise in administrative sanctioning procedures, marine concessions and government real estate. In addition, the firm has extensive experience in contentious work involving government agencies. The team is led by name partner and arbitration expert José Tomás Errázuriz, and includes David Cademártori, who is highly rated for matters involving the water and wastewater services, gas, energy and telecoms sectors. Litigation and arbitration specialist Andrea Batarce , who focuses on engineering and construction matters, provides support at senior associate level.
Empresa de Servicios Sanitarios Esval
Antin Infrastructure Partners
Compañía Minera Arbiodo
Independencia Administradora General de Fondos
Inmobiliaria El Plomo
Inmobiliaria Coloso Con Con
Sembcorp Aguas Chacabuco
Sembcorp Aguas Santiago
Sembcorp Aguas Lampa
- Represented hemical industry company Oxiquim in an administrative sanctioning procedure concerning the death of two divers who worked for a contractor at one of Oxiquim’s maritime terminals.
- Acted for a Chilean well-boat company in a series of legal claims initiated by a competitor before various tribunals and administrative agencies.
- Acted for Empresa de Servicios Sanitarios Esval (Esval) in a legal claim concerning unpleasant odours allegedly generated by one of Esval’s sewage treatment plants.
Bofill, Mir & Álvarez Jana's six-strong public law practice is well known for regulatory and constitutional matters across a range of sectors, including energy, telecoms, land development, public transport, water, environment, healthcare, gaming and advertising. In addition, the practice assists with judicial reviews, litigation before the constitutional courts, public procurement, and devising strategies to prevent legal infringements. Guillermo de la Jara co-heads the public law practice (as well as the TMT group), and his broad practice includes regulated markets, administrative litigation and public procurement. Strong support is provided by senior associates Cristián Franetovic, Jorge Barrera and Daniela Severín.
‘The team’s performance has been impeccable, showing strengths in understanding electricity laws, health regulations, and regulatory plans. It has also developed strategies in relation to regulatory changes and how to implement them. Full involvement in the project is one of the strong points of the team and they maintain weekly contact with us to understand the challenges and opportunities in our projects, and to give us support.‘
‘First of all, we must highlight that the team of lawyers is very committed, which translates into attending to our requirements immediately and with the required urgency. The second highly-valued aspect is that knowing their subjects very well, the strategies used by the lawyers always achieve very good results. And this strategy is corroborated when the results they predict are obtained, which gives a lot of confidence. It is a law firm that compares very favourably with others.‘
‘Great for their ability to work as a team with clients’ internal lawyers and for analysing each case from different legal perspectives, which gives a complete picture.‘
‘As an in-house lawyer, I am looking for a firm that, in addition to technical or theoretical knowledge, has practical experience and the ability to team up with the client. In the case of the lawyers of Bofill, Mir & Álvarez Jana with whom I have had to interact in the area of public law (especially Guillermo de la Jara), we have managed to work in this way with excellent results.‘
‘The team has always demonstrated certainty in its actions and responses, the work carried out has always been accurate, and they provide great support for company management. This is what makes the difference when compared with other firms.‘
‘The outstanding lawyers are Guillermo de la Jara and Cristián Franetovic. The pluses they have are that they are quick to respond and have great strategy when facing issues, which give clients great confidence and a high probability of success.‘
‘Cristián Franetovic has led the regulatory and territorial aspects of our project. His efficiency and level of analytical detail enabled us to make our projects viable.‘
Bureau Veritas Chile
Sociedad Agrícola Ganadera y Forestal Las Perdices
Sociedad Agrícola Ganadera y Forestal Las Bandurrias
Compañía Contractual Minera Candelaria
Asociación Gremial de Clínicas de Diálisis Independiente
Instituto Hebreo Dr. Chaim Weizmann-Ort
Casino Luckia Arica
Sociedad de Procesamiento de Molibdeno
Gran Casino de Copiapó
- Represented agricultural companies Las Perdices and Las Bandurrias in a dispute with the Ministry of National Assets concerning a sanctioning measure that queried the demarcation of property lines.
- Acted for Bureau Veritas Chile before various administrative and judicial bodies in relation to the expiration of a concession to operate two automobile technical review plants.
- Assisted Brazil’s Socicam, and its Chilean subsidiary Inmobiliaria del Pacífico (which manages a bus terminal project), with securing a civil injunction to allow the company to continue as administrator of the Puerto Montt bus terminal.
Guerrero Olivos fields nine practitioners who handle day-to-day public law matters, judicial reviews, advice involving public and regulatory bodies, regulatory compliance and public bids; the team is also noted for its assistance with permits, environmental issues, public law litigation, and public procurement. Areas of recent growth include assisting international technology and services platforms that seek advice on local public law regulation. Eduardo Cordero and José Gabriel Undurraga are the public law and regulated markets group's key partners, with support provided by experienced partner Martín Santa María (who specialises in environmental law, real estate and urban planning), and associate Roberto Burgos.
‘This is a team that is very experienced.‘
‘Great for knowledge and hard work.‘
‘A committed, responsible and professional work team with extensive knowledge in real estate and corporate matters.‘
‘Professional and competent lawyers.‘
Compañía General de Electricidad
Banco de Chile
National Assets Ministry
Mutual de Seguros de Chile
- Defended Aguas Andinas, a sanitary services and utilities company in Chile, before the regulators, in relation to vandals pouring liquids into the drinking water network.
- Assisted Compañía General de Electricidad, a local energy distribution and transmission company, with assessing the regulatory changes surrounding the introduction of smart meters.
- Assists the mining arm of London Stock Exchange-listed company, Antofagasta, with regulatory and public law matters in relation to five copper mines.
Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uría's public law department fields a group of 10 lawyers who are particularly experienced in the resolution of contentious administrative disputes. The practice has experienced growth in relation to public procurement, compliance programmes, contract revision with State Administration members, and real estate companies seeking advice on land use restrictions. With over 15 years of experience, José Luis Lara is an administrative law, public procurement and constitutional law specialist; while senior counsel Guillermo Zavala is focused on public procurement, municipal law, state contracts, customs and ports. Further support comes from associates Diego Miranda and Florencia Portales.
‘Working with this firm gives me peace of mind that they will do an excellent job. The lawyers have a lot of knowledge and contribute to solving problems in a simple way (unlike other firms that make issues more complex).‘
‘They maintain an excellent level of communication with the client.‘
‘They have great theoretical and practical knowledge, which gives a lot of peace of mind, and they are facilitators of agreements and search for solutions with dedication, knowledge and speed.‘
Sistema de Empresas del Estado
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Municipalidad de Colina
Inmobiliaria del Puerto
Inmobiliaria Casa Italia
- Assists SAP with various public procurement issues, particularly in relation to the preparation of diverse internal documents.
- Represented DHL before the Court of Public Purchases in relation to a bid made by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the transportation of diplomatic bags.
- Acted for Sun Dreams in diverse sanctioning procedures, which concerned its operating corporations.
Prieto Abogados' eight-member team is experienced in public law-related dispute resolution, sanctioning proceedings, reviewing the regulatory aspects of transactions, and relations with authorities, among others. The team's key figures are litigation and arbitration head Fernando Samaniego, who also heads the real estate team, and experienced partner Benjamín Grebe. Further associate-level support is provided by litigator Juan Pablo Riesco and environmental team head Agustín Martorell.
Cofradía Náutica del Pacífico
Redes Energéticas Nacionais
Yust Law Firm
Engie Energía Chile
- Acted for YPF Chile in managing regulatory sanctioning procedures.
- Assisted Cofradía Náutica del Pacífico with the renewal of maritime concessions.
- Acted for Vivocorp on the public law aspects of a major infrastructure project, including defending a challenge to its environmental permit.
Allende Bascuñán & Cía has significant sector expertise in administrative law matters, notably in relation to mining, agriculture and food production, electrical transmission, and water and sewerage, among other sectors. Representative work includes administrative law-related contracts, disputes and permits. Co-founder of the firm, Mauricio Viñuela heads the six-strong administrative and regulatory law department; while at associate level, contentious public law support is provided by José Alberto Allende. In addition, the hire of Pablo Tejada from the Environmental Superintendency in January 2019, strengthening both the public law and regulatory practices.
Universidad de Los Andes
Philips Sistemas Medicos
Agrícola El Carmen de Pucalan
Observatorio Astronómico Nacional de China
Fundación Las Rosas (Pro bono)
- Acted for Inmobiliaria Fundamenta in a complaint against a Controller’s Office concerning the invalidation of a project’s construction permissions.
Baker McKenzie Chile
The five-strong team at Baker McKenzie Chile comprises lawyers with strong backgrounds in constitutional, administrative and human rights law. The key regulated sectors in which the practice advises are healthcare, insurance, infrastructure, construction, mining, pharmaceuticals, and aerospace and defence. Particularly noted for contentious matters, department head Rodrigo Díaz de Valdés has some 20 years' experience in constitutional, public and administrative law. At senior associate level, Ruggero Cozzi focuses on public law matters.
Asociación de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas de Chile
Stanley Black & Decker
AMEC Foster Wheeler
SS World Chile
Sierra Gorda SCM
- Represented Isapre Consalud before the Constitutional Court of Chile in a lawsuit filed by a consumer rights organisation (ODECU) challenging the legality of an article in the 1996 Consumer Protection Act.
- Represented Astaldi Concessioni before the Ministry of Public Works (MOP) in an administrative procedure to halt the unlawful collection of a performance bond by the MOP.
- Defended Asociación de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas de Chile against a suit filed by a group of entertainment sector business owners under a special constitutional procedure: Constitutional Recourse of Protection.
Cariola Díez Pérez-Cotapos' public law expertise traditionally focused on heavily regulated industries, such as gas distribution, energy generation, transmission and distribution, the water industry and telecoms. Of late, the practice has expanded to cover administrative procedure-related constitutional actions involving securities and food and beverage regulations, as well as education. The five-strong regulatory law department, which includes members of the environmental, energy, utilities and administrative law practices, is led by Gonzalo Jiménez. However, experienced counsel Carolina Helfmann (constitutional, environmental and regulatory law), left the firm in December 2019.
Polla Chilena de Beneficencia
- Acted for state-owned company, Polla Chilena de Beneficiencia, on various matters including compliance issues and a presentation before the General Comptroller Office.
- Advising Dufry, which operates in Santiago International Airport, on exploring the possibility of extending its concession term and the legality of new bidding terms.
- Assisted DNB BANK, a guarantee agent of Solvtrans Chile, on naval mortgage contract-related matters before the administrative authority.
The six-strong team at DLA Piper Chile has broad public law experience, including administrative procedures before different authorities and agencies, industry-related regulatory reports, bidding processes launched by public entities, applications for public concessions, and litigation. It also has notable sector expertise in relation to food and beverage, technology, public infrastructure, construction, pharmaceuticals and energy, among others. Regulated markets and administrative law expert Felipe Bahamondez heads the team, which includes litigation counsel Ricardo López and senior associate Paulina Farías.
‘They are very dedicated and knowledgeable about local legal and social realities.‘
‘The team at DLA is characterised by delivering solutions that are designed exclusively for its clients. This is based on the precise and individual study of each requirement, and an in-depth knowledge of the different needs that each request implies.‘
‘DLA has a team of highly trained professionals, who are ready to deliver efficient and quick solutions to problems of any complexity.‘
‘The DLA professionals stand out for their solid technical knowledge, but also for their high adaptability to specific needs. It is also a team that is constantly improving and training, leading to the delivery of accurate, efficient and error-free advice.‘
‘Senior associate Paulina Farías stands out in this field.‘
Antarctic Sea Fisheries
Inmobiliaria y Asesorías Alterra
Inmobiliaria Los Álamos
- Acted for Uber Chile in a claim before the Contraloría General de la República (which controls the legality of administrative acts), which alleged that the Undersecretariat of Transport and Chilean police carried out illegal inspections.
- Assisted Fabrimetal with the analysis of the electricity regulations applicable to elevators.
- Assisted Dunkin Donuts with the analysis of the food labelling and advertising regulations that are applicable to its products.
Boutique law firm Fleischmann & León Abogados' public law practice is well known for its assistance with public contracts, particularly in relation to the construction of public works (penitentiaries, hospitals, airports and highways), as well as concessions. Experienced name partner Hernán Fleischmann Chadwick specialises in both non-contentious and contentious public law matters. Name partner Juan Ignacio León Lira and associate Cristián Repetti Aravena are also key members of the six-strong team.
Sociedad Concesionaria Ruta G-21
Sociedad Concesionaria Teleférico Bicentenario
Empresa Constructora Bravo e Izquierdo
Comunicación y Telefonía Rural
- Advising Sociedad Concesionaria Ruta G-21 on its relations with the Ministry of Public Works in relation to the construction of a public road.
- Advised Sociedad Concesionaria Teleférico Bicentenario (the successful bidder for an urban transport project in Santiago) on successfully negotiating a modification to a concession contract with the Ministry of Public Works.
- Advises Empresa Constructora Bravo e Izquierdo on its relations with various organs of the state administration, contract negotiations and administrative claims.
Gómez, Pallavicini y García
Founded in early 2018, Gómez, Pallavicini y García's seven-strong team works across the public law, economic regulation and complex litigation areas to advise a range of private and public companies, state entities and civil actors on: administrative and constitutional law, and associated litigation, along with administrative contracting; the regulated markets, natural resources and urban law; and corporate litigation and arbitration, regulatory compliance and anticorruption. The firm also has expertise in regulatory and public policy design issues. With some 80 years' experience between them, name partners Gastón Gómez, Julio Pallavicini and José Francisco García combine to cover the full array of public law and associated contentious matters. Senior associate Francisco Cañas is also noted, but fellow senior Alejandra Schepeler left in November 2019 to advise Flesan Obra Pública.
- Advising a pension fund in a case before the Constitutional Tribunal involving the Ministerio de Vivienda y Urbanismo and regarding a retail development.
- Acting for the former head of the legal department of the Financial Market Commission (CMF), in a constitutional action (at Santiago’s Court of Appeals) against the finacial regulator -a State entity- regarding her dismissal.
- Co-counsel to EGEDA Chile in a long-running case against VTR concerning the alleged violation of property rights.
Mendoza, Oddo, Mori, Aguerrea & Gillmore Abogados
Mendoza, Oddo, Mori, Aguerrea & Gillmore Abogados (MOMAG), is a 12-strong public law and regulatory boutique, that works across a range of administrative (and constitutional), competition and dispute resolution matters in relation to energy, urban planning, public works, concession contracts, public procurement, consumer law and corporate governance. The firm's five partners offer a rich mix of experience and expertise. Regulated industries and public law specialist, Ramiro Mendoza Zúñiga, is a former General Comptroller of the Republic. With some 20 years' experience in both the public and private sectors each, Blanca Oddo, works across the administrative, regulatory and competition areas; Matías Mori focuses on international commerce, corporate governance and litigation; while former deputy-head of legal at the Controlaría General de la Republica, Pablo Aguerrea has a tight focus on public law and regulation. Last but by no means least, Robert Gillmore Landon's practice centres on the interface between real estate, urban regulation and construction, with public law. Recent matters saw Gillmore and Mendoza represent a number of real estate and construction clients before the Constitutional Court to challenge a decision by the Republic's General Comptroller that affects several building projects in a historical downtown Santiago location. Associates Maria Jesús Navarro (primarily environmental matters) and David Navea, who has financial regulatory knowledge and procedural expertise, are also both noted.
- Represented Sun Dreams subsidiaries’ Casino de Juegos Puerto Varas and Casino de Juegos Pucón, in an $11m unfair competition and sham litigation lawsuit brought by Enjoy before the TDLC.
- Representing a private insurance group in a multimillion-dollar claim against the State.
Osorio Vargas & Abogados
Founded in 2018, specialist public law boutique Osorio Vargas & Abogados is 'undoubtedly a firm that's on the way up', according to market commentary. The five-strong team covers the full range of administrative and constitutional law, including specialisms in competition, environmental, labour and mining law, along with regulated markets, and associated litigation and arbitration. Other specialities include administrative contracting, administrative sanctions, electoral law, transparency and citizen participation, as well as issues related to the Contraloría General de la República and its highest court, the Tribunal de Cuentas. Each member of the team has held a number of relevant public sector posts. Key contacts Gabriel Osorio, Cristóbal Osorio and Daniel Contreras all handle public contracting, constitutional litigation, contentious and disciplinary administrative matters and economic regulation. Each also has additional specializations: Gabriel and Cristóbal Osorio both handle legislative assessment and advisory, with the former also undertaking electoral, regional and municipal litigation, and the latter competition and environmental mandates; Contreras, in turn, also handles environmental litigation.
- Representing a client before the Constitutional Court in oppostion to a decision made by the Republic’s Comptroller General that impacts several building projects in Estación Central, Santiago.
Vergara y Cia
With 25 years in the market, six-strong specialist administrative law boutique Vergara y Cia retains its tight focus on the mining, water and energy sectors, handling the spectrum of associated advisory and contentious matters, and demonstrating particular expertise in public law-related regulatory issues. Highly experienced name-partner Alejandro Vergara Blanco (public law advisory, legal opinions and audits, arbitration, and representation before state entities and courts), recently represented an infrastructure construction company in a politically sensitive dispute with the Ministry of Energy. Fellow partners Gonzalo Muñoz Escudero, a highly-specialised water law expert with former experience at the Dirección General de Aguas; and Daniela Rivera Bravo, who handles both administrative and water law matters, are also key practice figures.
Minera Dona Inés de Collahuasi
Minera Centro Colorado
Minera Los Palambres
Universidad de Concepción
Ministerio de enrgía
Comisión Nacional de Riego
Cisternas Concha y Compania Abogados
Cisternas Concha y Compania Abogados has extensive experience in complex constitutional and administrative law issues arising in relation to transactions, along with regulatory matters, due diligence processes and disputes. The team also has extensive experience working with municipal administrations. Mauricio Cisternas Morales has worked extensively in the public sector, including as head of the Local Council Division of the Regional Development Undersecretariat. Fellow name partner Jaime Concha Puigrredon focuses on public law, public procurement and litigation before the Public Contracts Court.
‘High levels of specialisation and practical experience in public procurement litigation.‘
‘The team is business oriented, practical, efficient, and effective. It is incredibly knowledgable about the market, and is always up to date on changes. It is also always available when needed.‘
‘Solid knowledge of the public administration and 24/7 accessibility of the partners and lawyers.‘
‘The work team is made up of highly committed and responsible professionals. They are always available for any questions and attention. Constant co-ordination is always demonstrated, which gives security to the assigned matters.‘
‘The lawyers have vast experience in the public sphere and especially in the municipal sphere. I believe that these professionals differ from others in terms of permanent availability and the attention given.‘
‘Mauricio Cisternas Morales stands out; he has a lot of knowledge and expertise in the area.‘
‘Mauricio Cisternas Morales and Jaime Concha Puigrredon have solid theoretical knowledge and practical experience in Public Procurement Court litigation.‘
Superintedencia de Casinos de Juego
Municipalidad de Estación Central
Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores
Municipalidad de Puente Alto
Municipalidad de Huechuraba
Municipalidad de Peñalolen
Subsecretaría de Pesca y Acuicultura
Municipalidad de La Reina
Subsecretaría de Desarrollo Regional
Servicio de Salud Metropolitano Occidente
- Acted for Superintendencia de Casino de Juegos in litigation regarding the invalidation of a casino’s authorisation permit.
Correa Squella's increasingly expanding public law practice is characterised by its litigation expertise in a range of areas, including port regulations, utilities, forestry, gaming casinos and infrastructure developments. Founding partner Juan Ignacio Correa heads the public law department, as well as the firm's dispute resolution and antitrust groups; young associate Juan Francisco Sánchez -who has experience in constitutional and administrative law, public procurement, administrative litigation, public concessions, and State liability- is one to watch.
‘They have highly competent attorneys who are committed to the needs of clients and have longstanding history in their specialty areas.‘
‘Although it is still a small team, it has an enormous capacity for work. I highlight here the partner Juan Ignacio Correa, as leader of the practice, and associate Juan Francisco Sánchez, a young lawyer with enormous professional and human capacity who is already making people talk in the market.‘
‘It is a young and versatile team, with a great legal background and enormous expertise in a multitude of areas of public law. I would say that it is one of the most reliable and competent public law practices in Chile at the moment.‘
‘I would highlight the work of associate Juan Francisco Sánchez, a young but very analytical lawyer who thinks about assignments with a business vision, which is not common.‘
Empresa Portuaria San Antonio
Vientos de Renaico
Viña Cousiño Macul
Empresa Portuaria Puerto Montt
Empresa Portuaria Chacabuco
Empresa Portuaria Austral
- Assisted Empresa Portuaria San Antonio with the concession tender for the development of a multi-operated terminal in the San Antonio port.
Grasty Quintana Majlis & Cia.
Grasty Quintana Majlis & Cia.'s public law team is made up of lawyer with experience acros the administrative and constitutional law and regulatory fields. It acts primarily in matters involving urban law and real estate, pharmaceutical investigations, public tenders and expropriations. The firm also has a robust constitutional litigation practice and is active in contentious public and administrative disputes. Public law department head Jorge Meneses has approximately 15 years' contentious and non-contentious public law experience; key senior associate Andrés Cabello focuses on contentious matters.
PwC Consultores Aditores
Feller Rate Clasificadora de Riesgo
- Defended PricewaterhouseCoopers Chile against administrative charges made by the Chilean Securities Superintendence for its role in the Cascadas financial case, involving transactions made by the controlling group of Chilean chemicals company, SQM.
Reymond & Cia.'s 10-strong team regularly participates in highly complex negotiations and disputes that involve differing entities of the Chilean State, including contract execution and litigation. Typical areas include public works concessions, construction, public and private infrastructure, energy, public health services, real estate, and project development and financing. Rodrigo Riquelme Yáñez specialises in litigation and arbitration in relation to infrastructure, construction and concessions.
‘They are an office that is specialised in public contracts and public law, including concessions contracts, in which they are leaders. They maintain a large number of specialists in this area.‘
‘The leader is Rodrigo Riquelme Yáñez, the partner in charge of this area, who maintains great command of this specialisation, a fact that has kept us as his client for almost 10 years. He is a young and very astute lawyer, with a great command of legal issues and highly respected in these matters by the industry.‘
Sociedad Concesionaria Autopista Vespucio Oriente
República Federativa Brasil
Consorcio Hospital de Talca
Sociedad Concesionaria Rutas del Pacífico Ruta 78
Sociedad Concesionaria Autopista de los Andes
Consorcio Embalse Chironta
Icafal Ingeniería y Construcción
Sociedad Concesionaria Rutas del Algarrobo
Sociedad Concesionaria Ruta de Nahuelbuta
- Advised Sociedad Concesionaria Autopista Vespucio Oriente on its challenge to a series of arbitrary instructions imposed by Chile’s Ministry of Public Works.
Rivadeneira Colombara Zegers
Public law is one of the oldest practices at Rivadeneira Colombara Zegers. The seven-strong team stands out for its involvement in the international aspects of public law matters, including claims before international courts that involve the violation of human rights. Recent areas of growth have included cases concerning political persecution, defamation and illegal removal processes. Founding partner Ciro Colombara has 25 years' expertise in complex litigation (domestic and international- concerning public, civil, constitutional and criminal law, along with human rights matters and bankruptcy. Key support is provided by public law director Aldo Díaz, who focuses on complex litigation.
‘They are very efficient, and convey clarity in their objectives regarding the client’s situation. They are also realistic.‘
‘Their professionalism stands out and they remain in permanent contact with clients.‘
Municipalidad de Recoleta
Senado de Chile
Consejo de Ancianos del Pueblo Rapa Nui
María Soledad Velásquez
- Acted for Pro Nova in relation to an alleged fraudulent exclusion from a public procurement process for the implementation of a clinical records system.