- What is the Corporate Counsel 100?
- How to nominate in-house counsel
- Australia/New Zealand
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- UK Regional Powerlist
- United Kingdom
- United Kingdom - Rising Stars
- United States
- United States - Rising Stars
- How do the awards work?
- The Legal 500 United Kingdom Awards 2014
- The Legal 500 United States Awards - In-house winners
- The Legal 500 United States Awards - Law firm winners
- The Legal 500 Latin America Awards (coming soon)
- Microsite The Legal 500 Germany Awards (coming soon)
- Frequently asked questions
- Editor's Letter
- Inside GC: Executive Summary
- In-house survey 2014
- A dangerous game of bluff
- From client to colleague
- Harvard thinking
- How to be Chief Executive of your own career
- Rules of engagement
- The 5-minute financial analysis
- The third way
- The world's greatest management thinker: Clayton Christensen
- What I wish I'd known: moving in-house
- What's your IP strategy?
- Corporate Counsel 100 Brazil roundtable
- Mexico City: Corporate Counsel 100 discussion
- The Legal 500 Corporate Counsel Summit
- Corporate Counsel 100 United States roundtable
- General Counsel: United States
- Intellectual property: debate
- Risk management
- Private equity
- Data security
- Leadership and management
- Intellectual property
Search News and Articles
Legal Developments and updates from the leading lawyers in each jurisdiction. To contribute, send an email request to
As the modern business services market continues to experience explosive growth in Poland, it is worth keeping in mind the legal issues surrounding practices related to monitoring of employees. The line between lawful and unlawful monitoring practices is at times unclear, and issues of personal data protection also must be kept in mind.
Personal data protection generates a large number of difficulties in the day-to-day activity of service centres. This results from the complicated processes surrounding the processing of personal data in international corporations and the unique nature of the BPO/SSC industry, but also from the restrictive requirements of Polish law regarding personal data.
New minimum wage act sets lowest hourly remuneration for workers at Euro 8.50 from 1 January 2015. This regulation will have crucial impact on undertakings from other countries providing their services in Germany. Foreign employers will have to comply with the new law and pay their employees staying in Germany at least Euro 8.50 per hour.
The practice of entering into double net or triple net lease agreements has become fairly common in the modern commercial property market in Poland. This means that a significant majority of the costs of the upkeep of the leased property are shifted to the tenant.
Can you fully control the Internet?
Jurisprudence has provided two different decisions in identical case matter, namely the contracting authority's right (or the lack thereof) to disclose information regarded as a trade secret by the economic operator. The regional court in Łódź decided in 2004 that the contracting authority is bound by the economic operator's stipulation regarding confidentiality of some of the information contained in the offer. It may accept it or may reject the offer, but it has no right to disclose it. In 2005 the Supreme Court of the Republic of Poland declared something completely to the contrary in its resolution: the contracting authority has the right to disclose information which does not satisfy statutory conditions of a trade secret. Is the Supreme Court right and does its resolution constitute the final word in this matter? In my opinion, the resolution in fact only raises more doubts.
Since middle of May, a new act on LLP companies is in force in Guernsey, providing unique opportunities for tax planning.
Creation of something out of nothing, based on nothing, guaranteed by no one, persuading people that this something is worth anything - we wonder how much longer it will last and how many people will be worse off because of it.
New rules of statutory warranty bring longer deadlines and significantly alter the buyer's rights.