Kary Withers > Clarke Willmott LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Clarke Willmott LLP Offices
1 GEORGES SQUARE
- Go to...
Kary heads Clarke Willmott’s Social Housing team and is a Partner in our Property Litigation team dealing with a wide variety of property related disputes, both residential and commercial.
Clarke Willmott LLP offers clients services along the whole lifecycle of social housing with strenghts in development and commercial matters. Vicky Kells leads the team out of the firm’s Cardiff office with specialisations in social housing property charging. In Bristol, head of planning and environment Neil Baker is regularly instructed by a host of registered providers for matters such as planning applications for housing sites and Kary Withers handles a range of property disputes. Oliver Smedley is a key contact for development work including site acquisition, joint ventures and collaboration agreements.
Clarke Willmott LLP sports of ‘professional multi-faceted team’ which supports clients on the whole range of property litigation matters for both the private and public sector. The practice also brings to bear expertise in the telecoms sector, where it usually acts on behalf of landowners against telecoms operators. Graham McIntyre leads the team from Bristol, where Kary Withers is a key contact for telecoms disputes. In Taunton, Nicola Seager has extensive expertise pertaining to insolvency issues affecting leases. Naomi Cunningham joined the team as partner in June 2022 from Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP.
Clarke Willmott LLP specialises in acting for landowners in agreements and disputes with telecommunications operators. The practice advises on a wide range of matters related to the Electronic Communications Code, assisting clients with the drafting of agreements for leases as well as handling litigation before the Upper Tribunal. Kary Withers, a property litigator, leads the practice; she is supported by Beverley Pike, who focuses on the negotiation of leases and wayleaves, and senior associates Henry Russell and Aimee Davies, who both specialise in contentious work.
Clarke Willmott LLP provides an an ‘excellent service‘, advising registered providers on social housing development, regeneration, property and housing management matters, ranging from the establishing of joint venture vehicles, site acquisitions, planning, construction and sale of shared ownership units. Further, the team handles a variety of property related litigation, including service charge disputes, dilapidation, possession claims and leasehold issues. Lindsay Felstead, Vicky Kells, Oliver Smedley and Kary Withers head the social housing offering nationally while Kate Silverman heads the London social housing team.
- Property litigation - South West > Real estate
- IT and telecoms - South West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Social housing - South West > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI