Mr David Cademartori > Barros & Errázuriz > Santiago, Chile > Lawyer Profile
Barros & Errázuriz Offices
AV. ISIDORA GOYENECHEA 2939, 10TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Mr David Cademartori
- Public Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz.
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz (2000).
- Professor, Administrative Contracts, Tendering, Execution and Extinction, Universidad de los Andes, Santiago (2017).
- Professor, Diploma in Economic, Administrative and Criminal Sanctions Law, Universidad de los Andes, Santiago (2017).
- Professor, Administrative Law, Universidad de los Andes, Santiago (2011 – present).
- Professor, Tranparency and Responsibility of the State, Acadamía Judicial, Santiago (2011- present).
- Assistant Professor, Commercial Law, Universidad de Chile, Santiago (2002-2007).
- Professor, Business Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Santiago (2002-2007).
Spanish and English
- Law, Law School, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, Valparaíso, Chile (1996-1998).
- Law, Law School, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile. Graduated in 2002 .
- Diploma in Administrative Law: “The Regulatory State: Law, Economy and Antitrust“, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile, 2005.
- Master of Economic Law and Public Law, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile, 2005.
- Master (DEA) of Administrative Law of the Knowledge Society, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain, 2008.
- PhD of Administrative Law, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain, 2010.
Barros & Errázuriz‘s 10-strong department is one of the most experienced and recognised groups in Chile. It has a strong track record in class actions and mediation processes with SERNAC, and can draw on the firm’s expertise across a wide range of industries, including utilities, telecoms, education, real estate and healthcare, among others. Recent highlights saw the team represent América Móvil subsidiary Claro Chile in two class actions filed by SERNAC, in relation to service-outages in Santiago and Curanilahue. The practice is co-led by three partners with distinct but complimentary specialisms: Javier San Martín (civil and commercial disputes), Luis Eduardo Toro (bankruptcy and competition) and David Cademartori (public and administrative law). All handle assistance with consumer matters, including class action lawsuits and other actions that are filed by SERNAC and/or individuals. Key support comes from disputes practice senior associates Isidora Fernández and Cristián Pérez.
The seven-strong group at Barros & Errázuriz acts on a wide range of public matters, with a particular focus on constitutional and administrative law and economic regulation matters (public procurement and administrative contracts). It’s partners also have expertise in administrative sanctioning procedures, marine concessions and government real estate. In addition, the firm has extensive experience in contentious work involving government agencies. The team is led by name partner and arbitration expert José Tomás Errázuriz, and includes David Cademártori, who is highly rated for matters involving the water and wastewater services, gas, energy and telecoms sectors. Litigation and arbitration specialist Andrea Batarce , who focuses on engineering and construction matters, provides support at senior associate level.
The 18-strong team at full-service law firm Barros & Errázuriz regularly acts in contentious proceedings involving civil and commercial law, tax, bankruptcy, real estate and antitrust; notably, it also has particular experience in regulated areas, such as energy and telecoms, and has a track record in major construction and real estate project-related disputes. Name partner José Tomás Errázuriz heads the arbitration group in conjunction with Luis Eduardo Toro, while David Cademartori heads the public and administrative law sub-group and also handles competition matters. Javier San Martín handles both civil and commercial litigation and arbitration (where he has particular construction expertise), as well as insolvency, reorganisations and class actions. Senior associate support is provided by José Luis Corvalán, Isidora Fernández, Cristián Pérez, Andrea Batarce and Arturo Fontecilla. Since publication Corvalán has been raised to the partnership, effective as of May 2021.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Consumer and advertising law
- Corporate and M&A
- Data privacy
- Real estate