Mr David Cademartori > Barros & Errázuriz > Santiago, Chile > Lawyer Profile
Barros & Errázuriz Offices
AV. ISIDORA GOYENECHEA 2939, 10TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Mr David Cademartori
- Public Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz.
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz (2000).
- Professor, Administrative Contracts, Tendering, Execution and Extinction, Universidad de los Andes, Santiago (2017).
- Professor, Diploma in Economic, Administrative and Criminal Sanctions Law, Universidad de los Andes, Santiago (2017).
- Professor, Administrative Law, Universidad de los Andes, Santiago (2011 – present).
- Professor, Tranparency and Responsibility of the State, Acadamía Judicial, Santiago (2011- present).
- Assistant Professor, Commercial Law, Universidad de Chile, Santiago (2002-2007).
- Professor, Business Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Santiago (2002-2007).
Spanish and English
- Law, Law School, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, Valparaíso, Chile (1996-1998).
- Law, Law School, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile. Graduated in 2002 .
- Diploma in Administrative Law: “The Regulatory State: Law, Economy and Antitrust“, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile, 2005.
- Master of Economic Law and Public Law, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile, 2005.
- Master (DEA) of Administrative Law of the Knowledge Society, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain, 2008.
- PhD of Administrative Law, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain, 2010.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The six-strong team at full-service firm Barros & Errázuriz handles administrative tariff-setting matters, contentious administrative proceedings, and administrative sanctioning procedures involving the natural gas, telecoms, electricity, water and wastewater, health and education sectors. Other areas of expertise range from administrative contracts, government liability and public procurement, to maritime concessions, government real estate and expert reports. The practice also houses experts in litigation (concerning government agencies), who act before the common tribunals and Courts of Appeals, as well as the Supreme Court and Comptroller General’s Office. The public, administrative law and economic regulation department is led by renowned Chilean arbitration expert José Tomás Errázuriz , while administrative law expert David Cademartori is the partner in charge of the public law team. Moreover, the firm has also significantly strengthened its constitutional practice, with the September-2022 hire of Juan José Romero , formerly a member of the Constiutional Tribunal from 2013-22 and the court’s President during the last two years of that period. At associate level, the dispute resolution practice of senior Andrea Batarce also includes contentious administrative proceedings.
The 21-strong dispute resolution group at Barros & Errázuriz has extensive experience in undertaking arbitration proceedings before different venues, with the practice’s recent track record including the representation of clients in major construction project-related arbitrations, as well as commercial disputes involving shareholder and share purchase agreements. The practice is co-led by founding partner and Chilean arbitration expert José Tomás Errázuriz ; and disputes specialist Luis Eduardo Toro . Also integral to the practice, public law leader David Cademartori acts in arbitration matters involving administrative law, construction and antitrust issues; Javier San Martín has broad experience in arbitration involving contractual and consumer law, bankruptcy, construction and commercial matters; and recently promoted partner José Luis Corvalán also acts in domestic and international commercial arbitration. The team also houses several active arbitration associates; namely, senior Andrea Batarce , along with Cristián Pérez , Isidora Fernández and Milton Gutcovsky (who joined in late 2020 from Covington & Burling LLP‘s New York office).
The enviable track record of Barros & Errázuriz‘s 11-member team includes class actions and mediation procedures involving the Chilean Consumer Law Authority (SERNAC). The practice covers a broad range of industries, including public services and utilities (water distribution and mail), telecoms (mobile services and satellite TV), education, real estate and healthcare. The practice is jointly led by civil and commercial litigation and arbitration specialist, Javier San Martín, who routinely assists with consumer matters and class actions; competition and antitrust expert Luis Eduardo Toro; David Cademartori, who focuses on administrative and public law, but is also experienced in competition and antitrust matters (particularly within the telecoms and energy sectors); and José Luis Corvalán, whose specialisms include consumer law. Among the firm’s senior associates, litigation and arbitration-focused Isidora Fernández is highlighted. Cristián Pérez left the firm for real estate holding Pasmar in January 2022.
The sizeable dispute resolution practice at Barros & Errázuriz has extensive commercial litigation experience, including representing clients in cases before the country’s appeal courts and Supreme Court. The ‘highly competent‘ group handles mandates involving civil and commercial law, tax, bankruptcy, real estate and antitrust matters, and also has an enviable record in regulated areas such as energy and telecoms. The department is co-led by Luis Eduardo Toro, whose litigation practice covers telecoms, energy, contractual liability and damages; and name partner José Tomás Errázuriz, who has longstanding litigation expertise. The second line of key practitioners includes Javier San Martín, who focuses on dispute resolution, consumer protection law, and reorganisations and liquidations; administrative litigation specialist David Cademartori; and recently promoted partner José Luis Corvalán, who routinely acts in civil and commercial litigation. At senior associate level, Isidora Fernández is also a litigation specialist. Former senior Cristián Pérez moved in-house at Grupo Pasmar in February 2022.
- Consumer and advertising law - Chile
- Leading individuals - Chile > Public law
- Dispute resolution: arbitration - Chile
- Dispute resolution: litigation - Chile
- Public law - Chile
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Consumer and advertising law
- Corporate and M&A
- Data privacy
- Real estate
- Bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring
- Competition and antitrust
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Projects and infrastructure
- Public law
- Venture capital
- Labour and employment
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity and hydrocarbon