Mr David Cademartori > Barros & Errázuriz > Santiago, Chile > Lawyer Profile
Barros & Errázuriz Offices
AV. ISIDORA GOYENECHEA 2939, 10TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Mr David Cademartori
- Public Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz.
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz (2000).
- Professor, Administrative Contracts, Tendering, Execution and Extinction, Universidad de los Andes, Santiago (2017).
- Professor, Diploma in Economic, Administrative and Criminal Sanctions Law, Universidad de los Andes, Santiago (2017).
- Professor, Administrative Law, Universidad de los Andes, Santiago (2011 – present).
- Professor, Tranparency and Responsibility of the State, Acadamía Judicial, Santiago (2011- present).
- Assistant Professor, Commercial Law, Universidad de Chile, Santiago (2002-2007).
- Professor, Business Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Santiago (2002-2007).
Spanish and English
- Law, Law School, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, Valparaíso, Chile (1996-1998).
- Law, Law School, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile. Graduated in 2002 .
- Diploma in Administrative Law: “The Regulatory State: Law, Economy and Antitrust“, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile, 2005.
- Master of Economic Law and Public Law, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile, 2005.
- Master (DEA) of Administrative Law of the Knowledge Society, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain, 2008.
- PhD of Administrative Law, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain, 2010.
One of the most experienced and widely respected Chilean law firms for consumer and advertising law, Barros & Errázuriz‘s ten-strong department has an impressive track record in class actions and mediation processes involving the Chilean Consumer Law Authority (SERNAC). The practice also distinguishes itself through substantial industry expertise, including public services and utilities, telecoms, education, real estate, postal services and healthcare. The practice is co-led by Javier San Martín, whose dispute resolution workload includes class action lawsuits; competition and antitrust specialist Luis Eduardo Toro, who regularly represents clients in actions filed by SERNAC or by individuals; and David Cademartori, an administrative and public law expert who consistently advises on consumer matters. Notable senior associate-level support is provided by Isidora Fernández, whose wide-ranging litigation and arbitration experience includes class actions, consumer law and injunctions before the courts of appeal; and consumer law-related class action specialist Cristián Pérez.
Leading Chilean full-service law firm Barros & Errázuriz fields a seasoned team of dispute resolution experts who act in all types of civil and commercial litigation and mediation proceedings, as well as cases before national regulatory agencies; it also frequently works with and for non-profit organisations. The practice is co-led by Luis Eduardo Toro, who has extensive litigation experience across contractual law, torts, consumer law, commercial matters and antitrust; David Cademartori, who heads the firm’s contentious administrative sub-practice; Javier San Martín, a specialist in contractual law, bankruptcy, construction, consumer law and commercial issues; and name partner José Tomás Errázuriz, a senior figure with huge arbitral and litigious experience. José Luis Corvalán was made partner in April 2021, while at senior associate level Isidora Fernández and Cristián Pérez are specialised in civil and commercial litigation.
Housing a team of expert arbitration lawyers, Barros & Errázuriz has extensive experience in arbitration proceedings before CAM, ICC and other chambers of commerce, with typical work for the group involving acting for major clients in significant arbitrations involving construction and energy projects. The principal contacts are founding partner José Tomás Errázuriz, who is overall head of the dispute resolution practice; and Luis Eduardo Toro, who specialises in complex commercial arbitration. Other active arbitral practitioners include Javier San Martín (dispute resolution, consumer protection, and reorganisations/liquidations); public law head David Cademartori, whose practice includes telecom- and energy-related international arbitration; and José Luis Corvalán (domestic and international commercial arbitration), who was made partner in April 2021.
Barros & Errázuriz‘s public, administrative law and economic regulation department predominantly acts for private entities on a wide range of public matters; the seven-member team is particularly focused on tariff-setting administrative procedures; contentious administrative proceedings; and administrative sanctioning procedures involving the natural gas, telecoms, electricity, water and wastewater, health, and education sectors. Other areas of focus are administrative contracts, government liability, public procurement and maritime concessions, along with government real estate and expert reports. The group also acts in litigation before common tribunals, Courts of Appeals, Supreme Court and the Comptroller General’s Office. Administrative law specialist David Cademártori heads the public law team, which also showcases renowned Chilean arbitration expert José Tomás Errázuriz and senior associate Andrea Batarce, whose contentious practice includes administrative proceedings.
- Consumer and advertising law - Chile
- Leading individuals - Chile > Public law
- Dispute resolution: arbitration - Chile
- Dispute resolution: litigation - Chile
- Public law - Chile
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Consumer and advertising law
- Corporate and M&A
- Data privacy
- Real estate
- Bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring
- Competition and antitrust
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Labour and employment
- Projects and infrastructure
- Public law
- Venture capital
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity and hydrocarbon