Mr Saul Rudo > Katten > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
525 WEST MONROE STREET
CHICAGO, IL 60661-3693
- Go to...
Mr Saul Rudo
Transactional Tax Planning
When middle-market businesses or PE firms structure mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, spinoffs and management compensation agreements, their leaders call Saul Rudo. While Saul leads teams to efficiently and effectively get to closings, he focuses on the future as much as the present, designing deals that keep his clients in optimal after-tax positions for years to come.
As the lead attorney on his matters, Saul offers his clients direct access to his structuring and “market” advice, without engaging in a game of “telephone” through layers of attorneys. Given his vast experience in the field, Saul delivers suggestions that are practical and “market” in nature, and that solve issues efficiently for all parties. As a result, his deals advance steadily toward closing.
Saul represents middle-market private equity firms, family offices and closely held businesses typically of up to $1 billion in value. In addition to his extensive M&A work, Saul advises on the business structuring and tax implications of venture capital and start-up transactions, management compensation arrangements and fund formations.
JD, Harvard Law School, 1983; BS, University of Illinois, 1980
Katten maintains an active presence in the middle-market M&A and DCM arenas, advising a diverse array of clients on the tax aspects of various deals, restructurings, and insolvency proceedings. Practice head Saul Rudo is praised by clients for his extensive experience in venture capital and start-up transactions, executive compensation, and fund formations. Valentina Famparska ’s recent transactional tax work include leveraged buyouts and private equity investments. All named lawyers are based in Chicago.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense