Ms Allison Yacker > Katten > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
575 MADISON AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022-2585
- Go to...
Ms Allison Yacker
Financial Markets and Funds
Allison Yacker is the co-chair of the Investment Management and Funds practice and represents a wide variety of sponsors (both hedge and private equity) and investors in transactional, fund formation, regulatory and corporate matters. Her significant experience representing institutional and emerging asset managers as well as all manner of buy side investors gives her unique insight into market trends as they develop. This enables Allison to provide customized and solution-oriented counsel to her sell-side and buy-side clients in an efficient and timely manner.
Recognized by Best Lawyers in America, Chambers USA and The Legal 500, clients view Allison as a trusted source for comprehensive and commercial guidance with respect to the broadest panoply of issues relevant to asset management market participants. She represents hedge funds, private equity funds, commodity pools and managed account platforms that engage in a wide variety of strategies, including quantitative trading, private credit, distressed debt, futures and FX, litigation finance, securitized products, affordable housing, renewable energy and carbon credits, to name a few. Allison also regularly advises her clients with regards to seed and early stage investment opportunities, and provides counsel with respect to insurance dedicated funds and PPLI and GACs and the use of similar structures.
Allison spends a significant portion of her time representing institutional investors looking to deploy capital to hedge funds, private equity funds and other ventures. These clients include sovereign wealth funds, foundations, insurance companies, pension plans, family offices and endowments and high-net-worth investors. She also advises these clients on global regulatory issues that arise in connection with investments in funds and managed accounts.
Allison regularly counsels investment management clients with respect to ongoing regulatory matters (including reporting, disclosure and registration issues), corporate, employment and intellectual property matters. She provides counsel on regulatory compliance and advises clients on security token offerings and other cryptocurrency- and ICO-related matters.
Allison is a member of the firm’s board of directors and is on the Steering Committee of Katten’s Women’s Leadership Forum, which supports the strategic retention and advancement of women attorneys at the firm through mentoring and professional development programs. She also has a long-standing relationship with 100 Women in Finance as an Angel Member. Allison was recently recognized as a Working Mother of the Year in Working Mother Magazine.
JD, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law; BA, University of Pennsylvania, magna cum laude
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
The ‘deep bench of experts‘ at Katten combines specialist knowledge in quantitative and algorithmic asset management, along with cryptocurrencies, digital assets and insurance funds, with a strong grounding in hedge fund representation. Clients recommend the practice ‘for all things fund related, from formation, to regulatory law, to capital raising‘ and the team is regularly involved in cross-border matters. A trio of lawyers lead the department: Lance Zinman represents some of the industry’s largest quantitative funds and asset managers trading across a broad category of asset classes; Wendy Cohen, ‘a great lawyer when it comes to alternative investment advisers‘; and Allison Yacker, counsel on the spectrum of issues relating to hedge funds, commodity pools and managed account platforms. Henry Bregstein comes with client recommendation, and Stephen Morris was a new addition to the team from an in-house role in April 2022.
- Leading lawyers United States > Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Alternative/hedge funds United States > Investment fund formation and management
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Transport > Aviation and air travel: finance
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Healthcare > Service providers
- Industry focus > Sport
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation