Mr Timothy Lynes > Katten > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
2900 K STREET NW
NORTH TOWER, SUITE 200
WASHINGTON, DC 20007-5118
- Go to...
Mr Timothy Lynes
Leading the firm’s Aviation practice, Timothy Lynes, managing partner of Katten’s Washington, DC office, has spent more than 30 years representing manufacturers, airlines, lessors, financial institutions, equity investors and insurers in the sale, leasing and financing of aircraft. Clients rely on Tim’s deep industry knowledge and his proven leadership in the field.
Having spent so many years serving aviation clients, Tim has developed his own best practices that lead the rest of the sector. For example, he created and implemented novel private aviation cost-sharing structures involving non-exclusive leases and management agreements that now are used industrywide. This forward-looking, innovative approach is why clients turn to Tim again and again.
Tim handles all types of aviation transactions with a singular focus on finding creative solutions to a client’s most challenging problems. In every deal, he works to build consensus among all parties, paying particular attention to their unique needs. Tim never assumes he automatically knows what success looks like for a client – he listens and then develops a strategy that will accomplish their specific objectives.
He has made numerous appearances on CNN and other outlets to discuss aviation issues from the perspective of manufacturers and airlines routinely writes on the aviation issues of the day.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Katten fields specialists in the financing of new and used aircraft, engines and related equipment. Its expertise also covers pooled aircraft securitizations, along with compliance work. Aviation transactions expert Timothy Lynes chairs the group, which includes commercial and business aircraft deal specialist Stewart Herman. Notable growth includes the July 2021 hire of Timothy Kirby, whose practice covers aviation finance, as partner from Milbank, while Brett Seifarth is a key associate. Former partner Thomas Healey recently left the firm. All advisers named are based in the firm’s Washington DC office unless stated otherwise.
- Leading lawyers - United States > Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Transport: aviation and air travel - finance - United States > Industry focus
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense