Ms Anna-Liza Harris > Katten > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
2900 K STREET NW
NORTH TOWER, SUITE 200
WASHINGTON, DC 20007-5118
- Go to...
Ms Anna-Liza Harris
Structured Finance and Securitization
Anna-Liza Harris advises clients on tax issues related to asset-backed securitizations, residential and multifamily mortgage-backed securitizations, derivatives, and domestic and cross-border financing transactions. She is national co-chair of Katten’s Structured Finance and Securitization practice and a partner in the Tax practice.
An important aspect of Anna-Liza’s practice is designing innovative securitization structures. These include many “first of their kind” transactions that require both creativity and extensive market knowledge to develop. Anna-Liza has worked with a broad range of financial assets including distressed and non-performing debt, debt secured by esoteric assets, synthetics and debt issued in revolving structures.
Anna-Liza works with clients ranging from first-time issuers to frequent market participants. She counsels clients on the taxation of investment vehicles, including REMICs, grantor trusts and offshore funds. Anna-Liza also has experience with the tax concerns of private equity funds and hedge funds. She is a past chair of the Structured Finance Association’s (SFA’s) Tax Policy Committee and is a member of the SFA’s Executive Committee.
JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 1989; BSFS, Georgetown University, 1983
Katten‘s structured finance and securitization department has a high-volume practice spanning consumer and commercial finance, esoteric and one-off transactions. In terms of novel deals, the group has experience in lottery and municipal receivables, as well as renewable energy and refund anticipation loan securities. Taking the lead are Washington DC’s Anna-Liza Harris , an asset and-mortgage-backed securitization expert, and New York’s Howard Schickler , whose broad practice includes mortgages, auto loans, equipment leases and credit card receivables. In Washington DC, Claudine Chen-Young is an expert in mortgage-backed securities. In New York, John Keiserman is known for deals involving motor vehicle collateral.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense