Mr Luis Pedro Del Valle > Arias > Guatemala, Guatemala > Lawyer Profile
DIAGONAL 6 10-01 ZONA 10
CENTRO GERENCIAL LAS MARGARITAS TORRE II, OFICINA 402 B
GUATEMALA CITY, GUATEMALA C A
- Go to...
Mr Luis Pedro Del Valle
- Banking and Finance
- Civil and Notarial
- Corporate and Commercial
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- His experience is ample regarding corporative advice in general, including drafting of typical and non typical agreements, as well as complex corporate transactions. Mr. del Valle has experience concerning finance and stock market transactions. He also possesses experience and knowledge in the fields of Telecommunications Law as well as Information Technology Law.
- Member of the Guatemalan Bar Association
- Law degree from Universidad Francisco MarroquÃn, Guatemala.
- Authorized as a practicing Attorney and Notary Public.
- LLM Candidate in Information Technology Law at Stockholm University in Sweden.
- Currently working on his second thesis focused on the analysis of the automation of the law.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The ‘experienced‘ and ‘efficient‘ team at Arias acts for both local companies and large multinationals from a diverse range of sectors, including energy, infrastructure, pharmaceuticals, telecoms and financial services. The team has been highly active in advising on restructurings due to the pandemic, and has also assisted major international clients with setting up operations in Guatemala and with corporate governance issues. On the M&A side, large-scale regional transactions are a key part of the team’s workload, often with the support of the firm’s other offices in Central America. The firm is also part of the Vance Centre’s “Keep Families Together” pro bono initiative, launched in 2018. Highly regarded practice co-head Jorge Luis Arenales has notable expertise in corporate transactions in the energy, power and telecoms sectors, while fellow co-head Luis Pedro Del Valle is skilled in corporate restructurings, venture capital transactions and cross-border matters. The sizeable associate team includes Ana Avila and Jorge Ordoñez.
Highlighted for its ‘very quick response times and pragmatic solutions‘, the experienced team at Arias handles a wide range of financial transactions, spanning real estate finance, corporate finance and the financing of large-scale energy and infrastructure projects. It has recently been particularly active advising global development institutions on loans to local banks intended to support the SME sector in Guatemala during the pandemic. Cross-border financing is a key area of expertise, with the team regularly drawing on the support of the regional firm’s other offices in Central America, as is financial regulation, particularly fintech matters. Senior partner Jorge Luis Arenales, who has extensive experience in trade finance, project finance and corporate lending, leads the team with the ‘attentive and prompt‘ Luis Pedro Del Valle. The strong cohort of associates includes Cindy Arrivillaga, who has particular strength in international transactions. Since publication, Arrivillaga has been raised to senior associate – effective as of March 2022.
- Banking and finance - Guatemala
- Corporate and M&A - Guatemala
- Leading individuals - Guatemala > Banking and finance
- Leading individuals - Guatemala > Corporate and M&A