Mr Luis Pedro Del Valle > Arias > Guatemala, Guatemala > Lawyer Profile
DIAGONAL 6 10-01 ZONA 10
CENTRO GERENCIAL LAS MARGARITAS TORRE II, OFICINA 402 B
GUATEMALA CITY, GUATEMALA C A
- Go to...
Mr Luis Pedro Del Valle
- Banking and Finance
- Civil and Notarial
- Corporate and Commercial
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- His experience is ample regarding corporative advice in general, including drafting of typical and non typical agreements, as well as complex corporate transactions. Mr. del Valle has experience concerning finance and stock market transactions. He also possesses experience and knowledge in the fields of Telecommunications Law as well as Information Technology Law.
- Member of the Guatemalan Bar Association
- Law degree from Universidad Francisco MarroquÃn, Guatemala.
- Authorized as a practicing Attorney and Notary Public.
- LLM Candidate in Information Technology Law at Stockholm University in Sweden.
- Currently working on his second thesis focused on the analysis of the automation of the law.
The broad corporate practice at Arias covers M&A, reorganisations, the establishment of branches and representative offices, and corporate governance, and is highly active advising international clients on investments in Guatemala. The team’s client base includes a large number of multinationals, and it is experienced in advising on multi-jurisdictional transactions, often with the support of the regional firm’s network of offices across Central America. The practice has particular strength in highly regulated sectors, including telecoms, energy and finance. Jorge Luis Arenales, who has extensive experience in domestic and cross-border transactions and investment projects, leads the team with Luis Pedro Del Valle, who is noted for his telecoms expertise. The strong cohort of associates includes Florencio Gramajo, Jorge Ordoñez and Ana Avila.
Valued by clients for its ‘regional presence‘, Arias is experienced in handling multi-jurisdictional finance transactions alongside the firm’s other offices located throughout Central America. The team advises on structuring debt financing and loan security packages, debt restructuring, project finance, asset securitisation, the structuring of investment funds and trusts, and financial regulation. It also has expertise in private equity transactions, advising both borrowers and lenders, and securities and commodities offerings. The practice is jointly led by Jorge Luis Arenales, who specialises in financings in the energy and natural resources sectors; Luis Pedro Del Valle, whose strengths include the structuring of syndicated loan agreements and securities; and Mario René Archila, who handles financial litigation.