Ms Roberta Gallardo > Arias > San Salvador, El Salvador > Lawyer Profile
CALLE LA MASCOTA #533
COLONIA SAN BENITO
- Go to...
Ms Roberta Gallardo
Mergers and Acquisitions
Corporate and Commercial law
Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Roberta Gallardo is partner at Arias since 2007. She joined the firm in 1999 and became an Associate in 2003, with emphasis in the corporate, commercial, contracts and mergers and acquisitions.She is experienced in advising local and international companies in the Central American region, and in providing day-to-day legal assistance to operating companies in El Salvador. Roberta has also worked on mergers, acquisitions and project financings of significance in El Salvador and Central America, as well as providing legal advice in employment and immigration aspects to starting businesses in the country.
- She is experienced in advising local and international companies in the Central American region, and in providing day-to-day legal assistance to operating companies in El Salvador.
- Roberta has also worked on mergers, acquisitions and project financings of significance in El Salvador and Central America, as well as providing legal advice in employment and immigration aspects to starting businesses in the country.
International Bar Asociation (IBA).
- Law Degree from Universidad Dr. José Matías Delgado with honors.
- Authorized as a Practicing Attorney and Notary Public by the Supreme Court of Justice of El Salvador.
- Program of Negotiation for Lawyers (PIL) at Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Arias has maintained its strong regional presence following the split of leading Central American firm Arias & Muñoz in 2016, and retains offices in all six countries in the region. It is highly active in multi-jurisdictional transactions, including large-scale M&A and financings, acting for leading international clients from a wide range of sectors. On the corporate side, the firm also advises on group reorganisations and investments into the region by international companies. In addition, it is well versed in debt restructuring, project finance and financial regulation. In El Salvador, the standout names for corporate and finance work include Lilian Arias and Roberta Gallardo, who heads the M&A practice. In Guatemala, Jorge Luis Arenales is highly experienced in both corporate and finance matters, particularly in highly regulated sectors, while Evangelina Lardizabal, who has significant M&A and project finance expertise, is the key contact in Honduras. Vicente Lines leads the banking and finance practice in Costa Rica, where Melania Dittel is well regarded for corporate matters. Bertha Argüello and Ana Teresa Rizo, an expert in foreign investment matters, are the names to note in Nicaragua. In Panama, Yuri Moreno and Maria Cristina Fábrega are the key contacts for corporate and finance matters, respectively.
With ‘excellent experience‘, the team at Arias continues to be a leader in the corporate and M&A practice area, advising clients involved in high-value, multi-jurisdictional M&A transactions. It also offers support with such issues as franchise matters, corporate governance, tax planning, management agreements, shareholders’ agreements and creditors’ rights issues. The group is jointly led by M&A practice head Roberta Gallardo, negotiation expert Ana Mercedes López, corporate planning and project development specialist Luisa Rivas, investment adviser Carolina Lazo, and corporate practice head and office co-managing partner Lilian Arias. They are backed by regional managing partner Armando Arias, Eduardo Ángel, who handles related litigation, Mario Lozano, who provides complementary expertise in banking and finance matters, and senior associate Adán Araujo. The team represents a portfolio of international clients that includes Telefonica, the Bank of Nova Scotia and Unilever, across sectors ranging from telecoms, food, banking and energy, to construction, infrastructure and consumer goods.
The banking and finance team at Arias acts for local and international banks and financial institutions, advising on high-value, multi-jurisdictional financial transactions. Described by clients as ‘true strategic partners‘, team members offer assistance with the full range of matters, including debt restructuring, loan agreements, equity investments, asset securitisation, due diligence and project finance. The team is led by Roberta Gallardo, who also heads the M&A practice, structured financing expert Luisa Rivas, experienced negotiator Ana Mercedes López and investment project specialist Carolina Lazo. It is supported by new partner Mario Lozano and senior associates Adán Araujo and Rafael Burgos. The group’s client roster includes international names such as the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Bank of Nova Scotia and Citibank, and spans the banking and financial services, hospitality and energy sectors.