Bonita Trimmer > Browne Jacobson LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Browne Jacobson LLP Offices
VICTORIA SQUARE HOUSE
- Go to...
Partner, Bonita joined Browne Jacobson LLP in 2014. She has specialised in IP for over 20 years with a focus on brands and designs disputes. A leading IP QC has described her as having “the best legal knowledge of any senior associate I have ever met… She also has excellent attention to detail, is good at managing clients, and deserves a much higher profile”
Bonita is the lead associate responsible for managing the widely reported London Taxi Company 3D trade mark litigation which reached the Court of Appeal.
Her high profile reported cases include:
- The London Taxi Corporation Ltd v Frazer-Nash Research Ltd & Anor  EWCA Civ 1729 and  EWHC 52 (Ch)
- Comic Enterprises Ltd v Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp  EWHC 185 (Ch)
- Hasbro Inc & Ors v 123 Nahrmittel GmbH & Anor  EWHC 199 (Ch)
- AS Watson BV & others v The Boots Company plc  EWPCC 26
Her experience also includes nine months with GKN working on IP matters across its aerospace, automotive and land systems divisions, which enhanced her commercial and pragmatic approach.
Bonita has written over 45 articles which have been published in MIP, CITMA Review, EIPR and WTPR amongst others. She is a regular speaker at CITMA midlands events and is on the Lexis PSL expert panel for trademarks.
Bonita also leads the active Pangea Net IP & Tech practice group out of the firm’s Birmingham office. Finally as the team’s Head of Technical Excellence she is responsible for ensuring the quality of our junior IP lawyers’ learning and development.
- Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co – 1992 to 2014
- GKN plc secondment – June 2013 to April 2014
- Institute of Trademark Attorneys – member
- International Trademark Association – member
- Solicitor – admitted 1994
- Diploma in Intellectual Property and Practice
- Law LLB
Browne Jacobson LLP has a strong national reputation for its trade mark dispute work, having recently represented LEVC (formerly the London Taxi Vehicle Corporation) in a widely reported trade mark dispute with Frazer-Nash and Ecotive involving the famous shape of black cabs. Declan Cushley leads the national practice from Birmingham and focuses on non-contentious IP. Other key figures include IP litigators Cerryg Jones and Mark Daniels and transactional lawyers Alex Watt and Selina Hinchliffe, who advise on licensing, sponsorship and advertising issues and portfolio management. Bonita Trimmer and associate Giles Parsons are the other names to note for IP and designs disputes.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Public sector > Education
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Human resources > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction