Amanda Masson > Harper Macleod LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Harper Macleod LLP Offices
45 GORDON STREET
- Go to...
Amanda’s practice is wide-ranging. She is experienced in complex high value financial provision cases, both in the Court of Session and Sheriff Courts. She take pride and satisfaction in children’s cases including those involving relocation of children, residence and contact.
In 2016, Amanda launched Harper Macleod’s Modern Families Initiative which aims to assist clients create families whether that be via adoption, donor conception or surrogacy. The law around parental rights is nuanced and the legislation can be daunting. Finding a knowledgeable, experienced and supportive advisor is important. She enjoys assisting clients in their journey, navigating our system of child law and fertility law in as straightforward a manner as possible.
Amanda is regularly invited to speak at professional conferences. She often contributes to professional publications including Green’s Family Law Bulletin and the Journal of the Law Society of Scotland.
Amanda holds the COSCA (Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland) Certificate in Counselling skills, which has proved invaluable in supporting clients.
Amanda is a member of CALM and the Family Law Association.
Qualifications: MA (Hons); LLP Dip LP
Fielding several ‘exceptional individuals covering family law’, Harper Macleod LLP is known for acting in complex financial provisions and assisted fertility work, spearheaded by specialist Amanda Masson. Featuring six accredited specialists in the team, areas of focus remain in child law, particularly on child relocation, abduction and adoption issues. Jenny Smith’s practice covers civil partnership, divorce and cohabitation claims, while Alexis Harper is the name for complex business valuations and financial provisions. Experienced litigator Karen Gibbons has experience acting in the Court of Session.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Planning