Kirsty Macpherson > Brodies LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
15 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Partner and co-head of renewable energy group, dealing with hydro-schemes, windfarms, biomass and AD plants. She has also developed a specialist knowledge in crofting and renewables being involved in numerous schemes where crofters have an interest; sales and purchases of development sites (brown and greenfield); investment purchases and sales and on-going lease managment work. Kirsty acts for both deveopers and landowners in the sale/purchase of land for residential and mixed-use development. She strives to keep law practical for clients and talking in plain English while keeping strategic overview on projects.
Trained Tods Murray 1998-2002; Gillespie Macandrew 2002-15 (partner 2007-15); joined Brodies 2015.
Millburn Academy, Inverness; University of New Hampshire (BA 1988); Aberdeen University, (LLB 1997).
Sailing; fishing; hill-walking.
The renewables team at Brodies LLP often finds itself at the forefront of developments in the onshore wind, subsidy-free, tidal, hydro and heat sectors. It advises international developers and funders on contract for difference (CfD) projects, subsidy-free onshore wind and solar projects, regulatory matters and power purchase agreements (PPAs). The team is jointly led by Keith Patterson (who focuses on transactional and project finance matters), Kirsty Macpherson and Michael Stoneham. Sarah-Jane McArthur specialises in low carbon energy projects, while managing associate Claire Reid focuses on wind, hydro and anaerobic digestion.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport