Daniel Jennings > Shakespeare Martineau LLP > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Shakespeare Martineau LLP Offices
TWO COLTON SQUARE
- Go to...
Daniel is a highly regarded experienced specialist commercial litigator and defamation expert
He has acted in a variety of claims dealing with specialist defamation and privacy matters such as Al-Ko Kober Ltd & Anor v Sambhi  EWHC 2474 (QB), obtaining creative and unusual solutions for clients.
Daniel also has wide experience in corporate litigation handling claims by or against shareholders and directors, across owner managed businesses, SMEs to plcs, in claims ranging in value from thousands to over £200m. His experience has secured excellent results for clients.
Daniel’s experience includes acting in a wide range of disputes for clients that have included household names such as Jaguar Land Rover Limited, Tata Technologies, Caparo, Volvo Financial Services; high profile individuals including plc directors and celebrities; and in arbitration, international arbitrations, and across multiple jurisdictions.
Shakespeare Martineau LLP handles a diverse contentious workload which ranges from shareholder and partnership disputes to defamation claims and agricultural disputes. It also stands out for its unique experience handling education sector disputes and sensitive issues surrounding children, as well as judicial review proceedings and cyber litigation. Lincoln-based team head Jonathan Stork has particular knowledge of agricultural disputes, while fellow litigator Daniel Jennings – based in Leicester – is recommended for corporate claims and international arbitration. Barry Jervis heads the national department from the firm’s office in Birmingham.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Professional negligence