Sara Sayer > Birketts LLP > Cambridge, England > Lawyer Profile
Birketts LLP Offices
22 STATION ROAD
- Go to...
Sara is a Partner, Litigator and Dispute Resolver and specialises in four areas:Charities (disputes and regulatory issues).
– Public law litigation (especially Judicial Review and Procurement Disputes).
– Charities (disputes and regulatory issues).
– Education dispute management (including student issues).
– General commercial litigation (especially Partnership disputes).
Sara, our Head of Public Law, advises on a wide range of litigation and regulatory matters for our corporate, commercial, and UK public sector clients, from handling and resolving complaints and disputes pre litigation, to advising and representing clients involved in litigation especially for or against public bodies in procurement disputes and Judicial Reviews across many sector areas including Tax and Planning. Sara also advises on a wide range of contentious general public law and regulatory issues.
Sara is also Co-Head of the firm-wide Charities and Social Enterprise Group and as such has an overview of the sector and its issues and attends national and regional conferences of bodies such as ACEVO and NCVO. Her particular specialism is in disputes and litigation especially in dealing with regulatory bodies including the Charity Commission and HMRC, regulatory and compliance issues, investigations and enforcements.
Sara has further specific expertise in the education sector which includes advising colleges, universities, independent schools and quangos on litigation and student issues such as complaints, discipline, appeals, safeguarding, fitness to practise and other internal hearings and advising on Office of the Independent Adjudicator complaints.
Sara is a Director and Trustee of Cambridge Live the new non-profit distributing organisation governing, managing and operating Cambridge’s Corn Exchange, Guildhall and Folk Festival and other live arts and entertainment events in Cambridge. She is also Vice Chair of her Parish Council and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
‘The litigation team is always very good, working to your end goal and informing you of the likely outcome‘, says a client of Birketts LLP‘s Cambridge office. As well as being a leading advisor on contentious matters in the areas of shipping, education, public law, Judicial Review, procurement, defence and transport, the firm has a strong reputation in high-profile commercial litigation at a regional and national level. Practice head Laurence Weeks is ‘exceptionally talented and skilled in getting litigation matters resolved to the client’s satisfaction‘. Sara Sayer, who lead on public and administrative law, and Maria-Christina Peyman, who handles claims involving contracts, shareholders and directors, and restrictive covenants, are emerging partner talents.
- Commercial litigation: Cambridge - East Anglia > Dispute resolution
- Next Generation Partners - East Anglia > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Transport > Transport and shipping