Andrew Tubb > Birketts LLP > Ipswich, England > Lawyer Profile
Birketts LLP Offices
141-145 Princes Street
- Go to...
Corporate and commercial, Banking and finance
Andrew joined Birketts from a City law firm in November 2010 and is a Legal Director in our Corporate Finance and Banking Teams.
Andrew is experienced in a wide range of banking and finance transactions and acts for a variety of banking clients as well as various borrower clients. His experience includes real estate finance, including development finance and property investment finance, asset based lending, acquisition / MBO financing and refinancing. Andrew regularly deals with cross border financings for many of his banking clients.
Andrew’s corporate finance practice involves acquisitions, disposals, MBOs and reorganisations (including international transactions) acting for sellers, buyers and other investors. Over the last five years he has developed a particular niche in regard to the acquisition and sale of Lloyd’s limited liability vehicles, either via LLPs or limited companies known as NameCo’s. Andrew also has experience of structuring and negotiating investment and joint venture agreements.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The banking and finance practice at Birketts LLP is known for its ‘high integrity and cooperation‘, and it is a key adviser to well-known institutional lenders, among them HSBC, Lloyds Bank and Santander. Recognised as a go-to regional firm for banking and finance work, it also advises a growing roster of alternative lenders including OakNorth Bank. Alex Schaafsma, who is ‘highly experienced and able to cut through the legal challenges in a timely manner‘, now leads the practice from Cambridge, where James Allen is a key adviser on banking matters, particular in regard to the financing of mobile home parks. Senior associate Kathryn Palmer is’ excellent in driving the process over the line‘. Partner Andrew Tubb in Ipswich also plays a key role in corporate finance and banking matters.
Birketts LLP has a six-partner corporate and commercial practice in its Ipswich office, making it the largest team in Suffolk. ‘The advice is good at the level we need and is adapted to clients’ needs‘, remarks one client. The firm acts for a diverse mix of local businesses and national organisations across a wide range of sectors, among them leisure, manufacturing, insurance, pharmaceuticals and construction. Corporate finance, M&A and private equity partner Alexandra Nelson leads the practice. Senior partner James Austin handles commercial contracts and transactional work. Mark Gipson is ‘always available and goes that extra mile‘. Finance specialist Andrew Tubb is ‘highly professional, dedicated and takes the right approach to get deals done‘. Employee incentives partner Lisa Hayward and senior associate Emma Bysouth are also recommended.
- Banking and finance - East Anglia > Finance
- Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial
- Next Generation Partners - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Next Generation Partners - East Anglia > Finance > Banking and finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Transport > Transport and shipping