Mark Gipson > Birketts LLP > Ipswich, England > Lawyer Profile
Birketts LLP Offices
141-145 Princes Street
- Go to...
Corporate and Commercial, IT and Telecoms
Mark joined Birketts in 1995. He is a Partner in our Corporate Team.
Mark is a corporate lawyer with wide ranging expertise in non-contentious corporate and commercial matters including IT and computer contracts, data protection and freedom of information. He advises GP practices and other professional practices on partnership matters, he also has expertise in drafting and negotiating agency and distribution agreements. He also acts for many of the firm’s major business clients on company commercial matters and transactional work.
He is a director of Foundation East, a non-profit organisation operating across the East of England, which lends money to businesses and individuals for community benefit
Mark graduated from Oxford University and qualified in 1997 after training with Birketts..
Birketts LLP has an IT practice that acts for clients ranging in size from small owner-managed businesses to large listed companies, both in East Anglia and nationally. Quentin Golder in Cambridge leads the technology group, with partner Mark Gipson in Ipswich and senior associate Paul Palik in Norwich also playing key roles. The group has particular experience in financial services, social media, security software and aerospace industries, though its work encompasses a diverse range of industry sectors. Senior associate Kitty Rosser in Norwich leads the firm’s busy data protection team.
Birketts LLP has a five-partner corporate group in Ipswich that is a key hub for the firm’s cross-office corporate finance, transactional and commercial work. Acting for both local and national businesses, the firm handles a growing volume of cross-border matters, alongside major domestic M&A transactions. James Austin, Mark Henry and Mark Gipson are the lead partners for corporate finance, commercial advice and transactional matters. Alexandra Nelson, who has experience in cross-border M&A transactions, and Andrew Tubb are other partners to note. Associate Emma Bysouth is one to watch.
- Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial
- IT and telecoms - East Anglia > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- Transport > Transport and shipping