Mark Gipson > Birketts LLP > Ipswich, England > Lawyer Profile
Birketts LLP Offices
141-145 Princes Street
- Go to...
Corporate and Commercial, IT and Telecoms
Mark joined Birketts in 1995. He is a Partner in our Corporate Team.
Mark is a corporate lawyer with wide ranging expertise in non-contentious corporate and commercial matters including IT and computer contracts, data protection and freedom of information. He advises GP practices and other professional practices on partnership matters, he also has expertise in drafting and negotiating agency and distribution agreements. He also acts for many of the firm’s major business clients on company commercial matters and transactional work.
He is a director of Foundation East, a non-profit organisation operating across the East of England, which lends money to businesses and individuals for community benefit
Mark graduated from Oxford University and qualified in 1997 after training with Birketts..
Birketts LLP has a six-partner corporate and commercial practice in its Ipswich office, making it the largest team in Suffolk. ‘The advice is good at the level we need and is adapted to clients’ needs‘, remarks one client. The firm acts for a diverse mix of local businesses and national organisations across a wide range of sectors, among them leisure, manufacturing, insurance, pharmaceuticals and construction. Corporate finance, M&A and private equity partner Alexandra Nelson leads the practice. Senior partner James Austin handles commercial contracts and transactional work. Mark Gipson is ‘always available and goes that extra mile‘. Finance specialist Andrew Tubb is ‘highly professional, dedicated and takes the right approach to get deals done‘. Employee incentives partner Lisa Hayward and senior associate Emma Bysouth are also recommended.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Transport > Transport and shipping