Rebecca Cockcroft > Payne Hicks Beach LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Payne Hicks Beach LLP Offices
10 NEW SQUARE
- Go to...
Rebecca is head of the Family department and her work covers all aspects of private family law. She has specialist experience in matrimonial finance often with international elements and children matters (Schedule 1 and relocation cases, as well as day to day children cases dealing with living arrangements and schooling issues).
Rebecca is regularly instructed in City based divorces (receiving referrals from corporate law firms, leading investment banks and broking houses) and also represents wealthy London mothers, entrepreneurs and unmarried parents.
Rebecca heads a strong team who assist her in delivering a high-level service with astute financial acumen and exceptional emotional support to help clients through the difficult process of divorce or separation.
Rebecca is collaborative in her approach but a skilful litigator when necessary. Rebecca tends to settle many of her cases outside of court to protect client privacy and confidentiality. She increasingly uses the forums of private FDRs and Arbitration.
Rebecca has been described as:
- “A star performer who has steadily built a stellar reputation and is razor sharp” – The UK Hot 100 Lawyers.
- “Incredibly bright, knowledgeable and quick witted, with good client interpersonal skills” – Chambers and Partners
- “Top Recommended Family Lawyer who is outstanding in field and a first rate lawyer with brilliant people skills” – The Spear’s Family Law Index
Qualified 2000. Payne Hicks Beach 2014.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
‘The strength and prestige of the Payne Hicks Beach LLP team is peerless’. It is led by Rebecca Cockcroft, whose ‘forensic approach to cases is extremely effective, and she always goes the extra mile for clients’. The lawyers are at the ‘top of their game’ with ‘strength and depth across the board and are involved in some of the biggest cases’. Baroness Fiona Shackleton is praised for her ‘extraordinary judgment and tactical acumen’ and has been described as ‘the doyenne of ultra-high-net-worth financial remedies work’. The practice is highly regarded for its considerable expertise in handling both high-net-worth financial remedies and children law matters, and the group is frequently instructed in high-profile cases that appear in the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal. Philip McGuirk has a busy practice in post and pre-nuptial agreements, which often involve a cross-jurisdictional element. Ben Parry-Smith covers all aspects of financial remedy work, while Sarah Williams is the head of the modern family law practice and Simon Beccle has extensive experience of dealing with complex financial cases. Other highly regarded members of the department include Matthew Booth, Nick Manners, Katie Parkes, and Catherine Costley. Joshua Moger was recently promoted to the partnership, and senior associate Amy Barrow joined the practice from Dawson Cornwell LLP in April 2023.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)