Michael Brown > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
125 WOOD STREET
- Go to...
Commercial dispute resolution
Partner in the commercial dispute resolution team advising on a wide variety of financial services and complex commercial disputes as well as on regulatory investigations, enforcement actions, and civil fraud claims.
He has conducted group litigation for shareholder and investor claimants, and acted in international arbitrations and litigation in a number of high profile cases arising out of the last global financial crisis. His clients include funds, investor groups, banks and other financial institutions, high net worth individuals and corporates, particularly real estate investment and development businesses.
He is also a solicitor advocate.
Joined Penningtons Manches Cooper in 2019.
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP‘s practice is active in several specialist areas beyond general commercial litigation, including international disputes; group actions involving professional negligence and financial mis-selling; banking and finance litigation; defamation and reputation management; and digital asset disputes and cybercrime. Additional key areas are insolvency, health and safety/product liability claims, HNW-related disputes, and IP/IT matters. Clare Arthurs heads the litigation team, which features international litigation leader Richard Marshall, who is ‘fiercely bright‘; IP & IT disputes head Phillip D’Costa; and cross-border disputes expert Alex Fox. The second line of partners showcases Michael Brown, who acts in financial services-related commercial disputes; David O’Brien, who ‘sees points that others would not‘; and Kamran Rehman, a 2021 recruit from Shakespeare Martineau LLP. Charlotte Hill, Oliver Cooke and Laura Coleclough are experienced senior associates, while former practice head Rustam Dubash retired from the partnership during 2022, but remains a consultant.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Employment > Employees/unions
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Transport > Travel
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Employment > Senior executives
- Transport > Shipping
- Finance > Trade finance
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing: local authorities and registered providers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property litigation