David O'Brien > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
125 WOOD STREET
- Go to...
Commercial dispute resolution
Partner in the London commercial dispute resolution team acting in all areas of commercial and general dispute resolution and with a particular interest in commercial contract disputes.
He is also a key member of the professional negligence team with considerable expertise in handling professional negligence claims.
He has a growing specialism in acting for claimants in high value, multi-party actions against solicitors.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP ‘has good depth of experience in commercial litigation, and provides advice that is both practically and commercially sound, while being highly effective‘. The team’s scope of work covers general commercial litigation, international litigation and arbitration, and group action litigation. Other litigation areas include banking and finance disputes, reputation management, cybercrime, product liability, energy, HNW disputes, and IP and IT; and the practice’s international work involves diverse jurisdictions, such as India and South America. Commercial dispute resolution head Rustam Dubash also heads the India group; David Niven and David O’Brien co-head the professional negligence and group action practices; Alex Fox leads the business and finance disputes team; while Richard Marshall is international litigation head. Also highly rated are IP and IT disputes head, Phillip D’Costa and regulatory head John Doherty. Michael Brown joined as a partner from Bird & Bird LLP in 2019, and consultant Noel McMichael and senior associate Charlotte Hill are also experienced practitioners.
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP ‘never fails to rise to the challenge’ of advising on complex, multi-party claims against solicitors and construction professionals. The practice specialises in large group action claims; ‘seasoned litigator’ David Niven has a strong reputation for claims against solicitors for mis-sold properties, while David O’Brien advises claimants on disputes arising from failed investment schemes. Construction lawyer Peter Stockill advises on both sides of disputes involving engineers, construction professionals and contractors.
- Next Generation Partners - London > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Commercial litigation: mid-market - London > Dispute resolution
- Professional negligence - London > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Employment > Employee/unions
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Senior executives
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Transport > Shipping
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Employment > Employers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing: local authorities and registered providers
- Employment > Immigration
- Transport > Travel