Alison McKee > Lindsays > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
100 QUEEN STREET
- Go to...
Head of family law.
Alison is a Partner and Head of the Family Law Team, which operates from all four of Lindsays’ offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee and North Berwick. She works between all four offices but is primarily based in Glasgow. Alison is accredited as a Family Law specialist and a Child Law specialist. Being trained as a collaborative lawyer and having extensive litigation experience, she can meet the needs of clients with the procedure best suited to resolve their particular issues.
She advises clients on all aspects of family law including divorce, separation, complex financial provision following separation or divorce, pre and post nuptial agreements, cohabitation disputes, child law, surrogacy and Parental Orders and applications under the Hague Convention on International Child abduction. Alison is a Reporter for Glasgow Sheriff Court.
Qualified in 1999. Associate at Morrisons LLP, joined Lindsays as Partner in February 2014 and became Head of The Family Law Team in October 2014. Accredited by The Law Society of Scotland as a Specialist in Family Law and Child Law. Trained in Collaborative Law
Alison is a member of the Family Law Association Scotland and Consensus (the Scottish Collaborative Family Lawyers Group)
Cults Academy; Strathclyde University (LLB (Hons)).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Led by Alison McKee, Lindsays’ team handles a broad range of family issues, with expertise in litigation and alternative dispute resolution. Although the department has seen an increase in instructions concerning pre- and post-nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements, it also maintains a busy caseload relating to complex financial provision and child cases. Elsewhere, ‘formidable opponent’ Nina Taylor is frequently brought in for cases where there are allegations of domestic and child sexual abuse, Family Law Association chair Jennifer Gallagher excels in divorce settlements and separation agreements, while Duncan Mackinnon brings expert knowledge of safeguarding issues to bear in complex cases involving vulnerable children.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Employment > Employment