Alison McKee > Lindsays > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
100 QUEEN STREET
- Go to...
Head of family law.
Alison is a Partner and Head of the Family Law Team, which operates from all four of Lindsays’ offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee and North Berwick. She works between all four offices but is primarily based in Glasgow. Alison is accredited as a Family Law specialist and a Child Law specialist. Being trained as a collaborative lawyer and having extensive litigation experience, she can meet the needs of clients with the procedure best suited to resolve their particular issues.
She advises clients on all aspects of family law including divorce, separation, complex financial provision following separation or divorce, pre and post nuptial agreements, cohabitation disputes, child law, surrogacy and Parental Orders and applications under the Hague Convention on International Child abduction. Alison is a Reporter for Glasgow Sheriff Court.
Qualified in 1999. Associate at Morrisons LLP, joined Lindsays as Partner in February 2014 and became Head of The Family Law Team in October 2014. Accredited by The Law Society of Scotland as a Specialist in Family Law and Child Law. Trained in Collaborative Law
Alison is a member of the Family Law Association Scotland and Consensus (the Scottish Collaborative Family Lawyers Group)
Cults Academy; Strathclyde University (LLB (Hons)).
Scotland > Private client > FamilyWithin: Leading individuals -
Lindsays frequently represents high net worth individuals in financial provision cases involving aspects such as residency disputes and disagreements over the distribution of matrimonial property or business assets. Another notable area of expertise for the firm is residence orders and contact orders of a contentious nature due to allegations of sexual assault or violence. The team also handles safeguarding matters for vulnerable children and young adults and cross-jurisdictional child abduction cases. ‘Tenacious‘ and ‘pragmatic‘ practice head Alison McKee has a niche in the developing field of surrogacy law and is frequently appointed by the Glasgow Sheriff Court’s panel of solicitors to produce reports on contact and residence disputes. Dundee partner Jennifer Gallagher is chair of Scotland’s Family Law Association.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Human resources > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation