Grant Esterhuizen > Lester Aldridge LLP > Bournemouth, England > Lawyer Profile
Lester Aldridge LLP Offices
- Go to...
Corporate and commercial.
Grant is a partner at Lester Aldridge who heads up the firm’s Commercial Group and Corporate Team. He is dual-qualified UK solicitor and South African attorney and has specialised in company and commercial law since qualifying in the UK.
Grant has over 20 years’ experience advising on commercial and corporate matters. His advisory scope includes joint ventures, commercial agreements and corporate transactions. He has particular experience in cross-border corporate transactions, having closed transactions involving buyers or sellers based in foreign jurisdictions such as China, Australia, Canada, USA, Brazil, French Polynesia and Europe.
Grant has clients across a number of SME sectors and has specific specialism in advising clients in the software development, software licensing, manufacturing and export sectors.
His clients regard him to be commercial yet tenacious in his approach.
Trained Bisset Boehmke McBlain attorneys (Cape Town, South Africa); qualified 1998 (attorney and conveyancer, South Africa), 2000 (solicitor, England and Wales); associate Lester Aldridge 2003; partner Ellis Jones LLP (2004-2009); partner Lester Aldridge LLP 2009 to date. Dual-qualified South African attorney and UK solicitor.
China-Britain Business Council.
Wynberg Boys’ High School, Cape Town (1989); University of Cape Town (1995); BA (1993); LLB (1995); attorney and conveyancer (South Africa) (1998); solicitor (England & Wales) (2000).
Rugby (New Milton RFC), cricket (Lex XI), golf.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Lester Aldridge LLP‘s team in Bournemouth provides a full corporate and commercial service to clients, with a major focus on the SME market. The ‘straight talking‘ Grant Esterhuizen heads the group, and has substantial experience in commercial contracts and joint venture agreements, sitting alongside his M&A practice. Dean Drew is another core team member, and his varied practice encompasses M&A, disposals, equity investments, group restructurings and share deals. Promoted to partner in November 2020, Edward Adamson is developing a name for himself among clients in the care, hotel and leisure sectors. Associate Alexandra Clapp is noted for share transactions and corporate governance issues.
- Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall - South West > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - South West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; claimant