Nina Ali > Hodge Jones & Allen > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Hodge Jones & Allen Offices
180 NORTH GOWER STREET
- Go to...
Nina, formerly a qualified cardiology nurse, is now a senior partner with extensive experience of a variety of medical negligence cases ranging from maximum severity/high value claims including brain and spinal injury to claims of more moderate value but with equally and sometimes more complex medical and legal issues. She has a particular interest in psychiatric cases and is committed to working towards ensuring the same level of accountability that prevail in general medicine to this currently very poorly represented area. She has considerable experience of fatal cases, including advocacy at inquests.
- Partner, Hodge Jones & Allen (2010)
- Hodge Jones & Allen (2000-06 and 2008-present)
- Boyes Turner, Reading (2006-08)
Fluent in Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi.
- Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
London University (BA (Hons)); Holborn Law College (Dip Law); Guildhall University (LPC).
Nina is a founder and trustee of UK based children’s charity Millie Mittoo Children’s Projects (MMCP). MMCP’s first project “Sofia House” a home for female orphans based in Pakistan, celebrated its 13th anniversary this year.
Accredited Action Against Medical Accidents panellist Agata Usewicz leads the specialised and diverse clinical negligence team at Hodge Jones & Allen, which is formed of a number of former medical professionals. Its caseload predominantly consists of acting on complex matters including birth injuries and delayed diagnoses, and a significant portion of the cases are also cross-border in nature. The team has a reputation for representing particularly vulnerable clients, namely, individuals who have suffered detrimentally as a result of negligence within mental health services, care systems and those organisations which provide assisted living to the elderly. Qualified cardiology nurse Nina Ali, ‘top-class’ Emma Wray and senior associate Priya Singh are standouts in the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Private client > Court of protection
- Employment > Employees/unions
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)